1-nonanamina - 1-nonanamina
|Other names|| n-nonilamina |
|Semi-developed formula||CH 3 - (CH 2 ) 8 - NH 2|
|Molecular formula||C 9 H 21 N|
|Density||784 kg/m³; 0,784 g/cm³|
|Molar mass||143.27 g / mol|
|Melting point||−1 °C (272 K)|
|Boiling point||200 °C (473 K)|
|Vapor pressure||0,37 hPa|
|Refractive index (n D )||1,433|
|Solubility in water||1,2 g/L|
|Flash point||335 K (62 °C)|
|Autoignition temperature||658 K (385 °C)|
|amines|| 1-heptanamine |
|Values in the SI and under standard conditions|
(25 ℃ and 1 atm ), unless otherwise indicated.
Physical and chemical properties
At room temperature, 1-nonanamine is a colorless or slightly yellow liquid with the characteristic odor of amines. It solidifies at -1 ° C and boils at 200 ° C (temperature 24 ° C higher than that of 1-octaamine but 17 ° C lower than that of 1-decanamine ). Practically insoluble in water - just 1 g / L - its solubility is much higher in hydrophobic solvents ( log P = 3.59). Like other alkylamines, it is less dense than water ( ρ = 0.784 g / cm³ ), [ 3 ]although the density is slightly higher than its isomeric tripropylamine . It is a flammable compound that reaches its flash point at 62 ° C, its autoignition temperature being 385 ° C. [ 4 ]
Synthesis and uses
1-Nonanamine can be synthesized by hydrogenation at 90 ° C of nonanonitrile using basified Raney nickel and chromium as catalyst . [ 6 ] This amine can also be obtained from the reduction of the corresponding amide - nonanamide - using a combination of two iron catalysts. [ 7 ] In turn, 1-nonanamine is a precursor of more complex amines, such as N -benzyl- N -methyl- N -nonylamine or N-benzylnonan-1-amine, as well as nonylurea . [ 8 ]
1-nonanamine has been used, as a reactive gas, in the analysis of biogenic amines - spermidine , spermine , putrescine and cadaverine - by ion mobility spectrometry . [ 9 ] In the same context, this amine has been used for the determination of nitrites and nitrates in natural waters by ion exchange chromatography . [ 10 ]
1-Nonamine is a corrosive compound that can cause skin burns and eye damage. It is a harmful substance for the environment; extremely toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. [ 4 ]
The following compounds are isomers of 1-nonanamine:
- CAS number
- Nonylamine (PubChem)
- 1-Nonanamine (ChemSpider)
- 1-nonylamine. Safety sheet (Alfa Aesar)
- 1-Aminononane (Chemical Book)
- Process for producing compounds comprising nitrile functions. Roland Jacquot, Philippe Marion. Patente US 20130204001 A1
- Dr. Shoubhik Das, Bianca Wendt, Dr. Konstanze Möller, Dr. Kathrin Junge and Prof.Dr. Matthias Beller (2012). «Two Iron Catalysts are Better than One: A General and Convenient Reduction of Aromatic and Aliphatic Primary Amides». Angewandte Chemie 51 (7): 1662-1666. Consultado el 22 de julio de 2016.
- Nonan-1-amine 112-20-9 Precursor and Downstream Products (Molbase)
- Hashemian Z, Mardihallaj A, Khayamian T (2010). «Analysis of biogenic amines using corona discharge ion mobility spectrometry». Talanta 81 (3): 1081-1087. Consultado el 22 de julio de 2016.
- Ewa Pobozy, Beata Sweryda-Krawiec, Marek Trojanowicz (1993). «Ion interaction chromatography with nonylamine reagent for the determination of nitrite and nitrate in natural waters». Journal of Chromatography A 633 (1-2): 305-310. Consultado el 22 de julio de 2016.