Internal association badge
|active||1663 to 1940|
|Armed forces||French armed forces|
|Armed forces||French Army|
|Branch of service||Infantry|
|Patron saint||Saint-Maurice d'Agaune|
|Motto||TO ME AUVERGNE|
|commander||Last: Lieutenant-Colonel Picard|
Before regiment numbering was introduced on January 1, 1791, it was last named Régiment du Roi in the royal French army .
Lineup and significant changes
- 2 January 1663: drawn up from parts of the "Régiment Royal" and the "Régiment d'Orléans" as Régiment du Roi
- September 1790: after participating in the mutiny in Nancy ( Nancy affair ), the regiment was cashed 
- 28 January 1791: as 102 e régiment de ligne d'infantry again aufgestellt
- 1793: First army reform The regiment was the one he battalion "ex du Roi" to 185 e demi-brigade de Bataille and 2 e battalion "ex du Roi" to 186 e demi-brigade de bataille off. This ends the regimental association and the line of tradition
- 1803: Renaming of "105 a demi-brigade of infantry de ligne"  in 105 a regiment of infantry de ligne (de facto continuation of Regi comprises Tradition)
- 1814: Dissolution after the abdication of Napoleon I.
- 1815: during the hundred days set up again, after the final defeat of Napoleon in Périgueux dismissed
- 1854: again aufgestellt (from parts of "30 e Régiment d'infantry légère") 
- 1872: on May 1st merged with the "105 e régiment de marche" (105th marching regiment). The "105 e régiment de marche" was in the city during the siege of Paris .
- 1914: during the mobilization , the reserve regiment , the "305 e régiment d'infanterie" was set up.
- 1919: demobilized and made a reserve regiment
- 1939: activated
- 1940: drowned in the confusion of the French defeat
Field teachers / Colonels
Mestre de camp was from 1569 to 1661 and from 1730 to 1780 the denomination of rank for the regiment owner and / or for the officer in charge of the regiment. The name "Colonel" was used from 1721 to 1730, from 1791 to 1793 and from 1803 onwards.
After 1791 there were no more regimental owners.
Should the Mestre de camp / Colonel be a person of the high nobility who had no interest in leading the regiment (such as the king or queen), the command was given to the "Mestre de camp lieutenant" (or "Mestre de camp en second") or the "Colonel-lieutenant" or "Colonel en second".
- Januar 1663: Philippe de Courcelles, marquis de Dangeau
- 1667: Philippe Mancini, Duke of Nevers
- 7. September 1670: Jean de Martinet, Brigadier of the King's armies am 27. März 1668, Camp Marshal am 15. April 1672, † 21. Juni 1672
- 26 June 1672: Francois de Tourvoyé, comte de Montberon, mestre de camp de cavalerie on 26 March 1668, Brigadier on 19 August 1669, Maréchal de camp on May 18, 1674, Lieutenant-General on 25 February 1677, † March 16, 1708
- 6 January 1676: René de Becdelièvre, marquis then comte de Saint-Georges, brigadier on 24 February 1676, † 14 August 1678 in the battle of Saint-Denis
- 29 April 1678: Gaston Jean-Baptiste de Mornay, knight then Count of Montchevreuil, Brigadier on 30 March 1683, Marshal de camp on 24 August 1688, Lieutenant-General on 30 March 1693, † 29 July 1693
- 4 April 1693: Louis Charles d'Hautefort, Marquis de Surville, Brigadier on 30 March 1693, Marshal de Camp on 3 January 1696, Lieutenant-General on 23 December 1702, † 19 December 1721
- 6 January 1706: Louis Prévost, Marquis du Barail, Marshal of the Camp 24 January 1711, Lieutenant-General 30 March 1720, † 17 November 1734
- 26. Januar 1711: Louis Armand de Brichanteau , marquis de Nangis, Marshal of France 1741
- 16 December 1719: Hubert de Courtalvert, Marquis de Pezé, Brigadier on 20 June 1720, Marshal de camp on 6 October 1733, Lieutenant-General on 1 August 1734, † on 23 November 1734 and his wounds in battle at Guastalla
- 15. Januar 1735: Louis Antoine de Gontaut-Biron, Duke of Biron , Marshal of France 1787
- 26. May 1745: Claude Louis François de Régnier, count of Guerchy
- 16. Oktober 1767: Marie Louis Florent , comte du Châtelet, Brigadier am 9. August 1757, Field Marshal am 20. Februar 1761, † 13. Dezember 1793
- February 10, 1791: François Nicolas Junot d'Attilly
- 27. May 1792: Jean François Antoine de Stack
- 4. September 1792: Louis Pierre Le Royer de Chantepie
- 23. November 1792: Louis Gabriel Pierre Anne Paul Augustin Armand Levasseur
- 1808: Colonel Marie Pierre Isidore de Blanmont
- 1813: Colonel François Maulmond
- 1815: Colonel Genty
- 1899–1904: Colonel Jules Bunoust
Tradition and uniforms
The regiment carried 12 flags (three per battalion) and the flag of the first company of the first battalion was the so-called "Drapeau Colonelle" - the white flag of the regiment owner - the body company. 
The regiment is not mentioned in the uniform regulation of 1791.
During his reform and reorganization of the Maison militaire du roi de France , King Louis XIII. the regiment and claimed the post of regiment owner for himself. It consisted of 20 companies of 59 men each, made up of the nobility , sons of officers (captains, or those who had earned merit or those who had died in battle). The entry age was 15 to 20 years with the rank of “Cadet-gentilhomme” (noble cadet), who were promoted to the rank of enseigne or sous-lieutenant after two years of training . It also received a section “Médecins majors” ( field scissors), whose most prominent relative was René-Jacques Croissant de Garengeot (1688-1749).
In 1667 the regiment of the "Armée de Flandre" (Flanders Army) was assigned. It earned its first merit during the siege of Tournai , Douai and Lille . In 1668, by order of the king, four grenadiers were assigned to each company , a measure that would soon set a course everywhere.
At the end of 1669 a foreign regiment owner returned his regiment to the king. The "Régiment de Lorraine" was the 23rd in the rankings of the infantry. The king took the opportunity to give his regiment more prestige and merged the two units in Soissons under the name "Régiment du Roi" and put it on the list of the former "Régiment de Lorraine" in 1671. The new regimental flag, separated by a white cross, showed diagonally two flame red fields (flame red should symbolize Louis XIV) and two dark green fields (the color of Lorraine). The white cross beams were embroidered with golden lilies. (Louis XV had this flag replaced by the blue version in 1757.)
In the overall ranking of the infantry regiments it was now in 23rd place.  During the Seven Years' War the regiment continued to consist of four battalions, and the uniforms did not change either. The king established additional officer positions, there was now a “colonel lieutenant en second”.  each of the companies now had two captains . two lieutenants and two sous-lieutenants . For the lieutenant colonel en Füt die Seconds the annual pay was 1,800 livres , for the premiers capitaines as "Chef de bataillon"  1,000 livres and for the captains of the grenadiers 600 livres.
In order to enable more commoners to rise to the sword aristocracy (Noblesse de l'epée), four positions for "Seconds sous-lieutenants" (lieutenant second class) were created in each of the fusilier companies .
In 1790 the regiment was involved in a mutiny in its Nancy garrison. The mutiny came from the Swiss mercenary regiment de Châteauvieux ; The Mestre de camp général cavalry regiment was also involved .
The considerable bulk of the regiment (including the other two involved) raised claims for non-payment of wages, and the Régiment du Roi found that the unloved regiment commander - the lieutenant-colonel Duc de Chatelet , whom one had long been suspicious of - had this disaster for a long time Mismanagement in the administration of the regiment was responsible. On August 13, the soldiers gathered at the building of the bar, the regimental fund attached to and required by the Duc de Chatelet payment of not less than 1,200,000 livres of residual pay . The accounting officers were blamed for the missing sum and mistreated so that they were forced to flee to avoid further danger to life and limb.
After the mutiny became known, the National Assembly immediately sent the Maréchal de camp Comte de Malseigne to the city to rectify the situation. In the Régiment du Roi, the Comte de Malseigne was successful insofar as he was able to announce in a letter dated August 20 that order had been restored in the regiment. At a meeting of the National Assembly on August 25, M. de Broglie was able to read a statement in which the grenadiers, riflemen and hunters of the regiment confessed their guilt and appealed for the indulgence of the National Assembly.
The restoration of discipline did not last long, however. The Régiment de Châteauvieux did not give up and pulled the others back with them, on August 26th the entire garrison was in great turmoil. The officers were arrested. The Maréchal de camp de Malseigne managed to escape to Lunéville with difficulty . Here he gathered a force of about 4,500 men and appeared on August 31 at the gates of Nancy. Before ordering an attack that would turn into murderous hand-to-hand combat, he agreed to receive a deputation from the mutineers.
Ultimately, the majority of the Régiment du Roi withdrew to the barracks and sent four men with a flag to Boillé with an offer of surrender. This was accepted and the regiment was immediately assigned to Verdun , where it marched off in good order. A heroic act distinguished the Sous-lieutenant of the hunters in the Regiment du Roi, M. Desil (l) es-Cambrenon. At the Porte Saint-Louis, (now Porte Désilles), he prevented a battery of artillery from being fired at the shortest distance into the ranks of the advancing infantry regiment "Royal-Liégeois". He was hit by four musket balls and later succumbed to these injuries.
After these events, the regiment had to expect to be disbanded or at least punished.
On December 7, 1790, the "Comité militaire de l'Assemblée nationale" (Military Committee of the National Assembly) recommended the dismissal of the regiment. The flags were to be kept in the main church of the place where the dismissal would take place. 
This recommendation was accepted at the 27th session of the National Assembly on December 12, 1790. To replace the regiment, a new regiment was formed on January 28, 1791 from the people of the Régiment du Roi who were willing to honorably continue their service. It was assigned the number 102 and was garrisoned at Vitry-le-François in February . On May 23rd, it was assigned to Besançon to garrison the citadel there. In August the regimental number was changed to 105.
Participation in combat operations
Dutch War (1673 to 1679)
- 1674 : April 26th: Honored at the siege of Besançon and Dole
- 1675 : Participation in the siege of Limbourg , Liège , Dinant and Huy .
- 1676 : Under the command of Louis II. De Bourbon, prince de Condé, assigned to cover Bouchain .
- 1677 : Siege of Valenciennes , Cambrai and Saint Ghislain
- 1678 : Siege of Ghent and Ypres , battle near Saint-Denis-sous-Mons, transfer to the Rhine and siege of Strasbourg
- 1678 : * Together with the Régiment de La Reine , the unit fought in the battle of Saint-Denis .
- 1679 : Siege of Homburg and Bitche , attempt to drive the troops of Brandenburg-Prussia out of Minden.
Reunion War (1683 to 1684)
- 1683 : In Camp de Bouquemon on the Saar , where the troops cleared the swamp forests on the river.
- 1684 : Siege of Courtrai, Dixmude , and Oudenaarde , Siege of Luxembourg
War of the Palatinate Succession (1688 to 1697)
- 1688 : Siege of Philippsburg , capture of Mannheim , Speyer , Worms , Frankenthal and Mainz
- 1690 : Transfer to the Flanders Army, Battle of Fleurus
- 1691 : The regiment with its three battalions reinforces the Gardes françaises on March 25th during the occupation of Mons . Halle and Leuze were then taken together. Then the winter quarters in Isenghien Castle (near Lomme ) were moved, where a fourth battalion was set up.
- 1692 : Siege of Namur , battle of Steenkerke and bombardment of Charleroi
- 1693 : Siege of Huy and the Château-Picard, battle of Neerektiven
- September: Siege of Charleroi
- 1695 : Siege of Dixmude, siege of Deyns, bombardment of Brussels
- 1697 : Siege of Ath .
- 1698 : Relocation to the Camp de Compiègne, where the remnants of the "Régiment de Varville" were incorporated on July 19.
War of the Spanish Succession (1701 to 1714)
- 1701: The Regiment du Roi left its garrisons at Versailles and Saint Germain and moved to the Netherlands with the French army.
- 1702: First battle near Nijmegen, cover troops bombard Peer
- 1703: April 17th: Deployment to the Rhine Army, commanded by the Duke of Burgundy , siege of Breisach am Rhein and Landau. Battle of the Speyerbach (300 men lost, although the regiment only formed the left wing of the infantry.) The day after the battle, the regiment moved to its winter quarters in Colmar .
- 1704: in the Tallard Army . Participation in the operation in support of the Marsin Army in the Electorate of Bavaria . Second battle near Höchstädt (The Régiment du Roi was the only one that arrived on the Rhine in good order after the disaster.)
- 1705: At the beginning of the year, the command was assigned to the Rhine and Moselle area and, in June, relocation to Flanders. Arrived outside Brussels on July 15, it occupied and fortified the Florival Abbey
- 1706: Battle of Ramillies
- 1707: The regiment was badly damaged and was transferred to Dunkirk to refresh. It saw no more activity that year.
- 1708: In the battle of Oudenaarde , "du Roi" fought with losses in the brigade formation with the Régiment de Poitou and then withdrew in an orderly manner. Then for the rest of the year with no activities at Camp de Potte
- 1709: Participation in the Battle of Malplaquet
- 1710: Garrison in Amiens without activities
- 1711: April 8th: march off to occupy Miraumont , in action near Arleux
- 1712: Battle of Denain , capture of Marchiennes , Douai , Le Quesnoy and Bouchain .
- 1713: Relocation to the Rhine, conquest of Speyer, Worms, Kaiserslautern , Landau and Freiburg
War of the Polish Succession (1733-1736)
- October 1733 : Seconded to the army in Italy, the regiment took part in battles near Gera d'Adda and Pizzighetone. The campaign ended with the siege and capture of the Castello Sforzesco in Milan .
- 1734 : Battle of Parma
- September 15: together with the Régiment de Champagne, liberation of the Régiment du Dauphin , encircled by the Austrians near Secchia , battle of Guastalla , siege of La Mirandole
- 1735 : Security duties in Upper Italy and in the Etsch
- 1736 : Return to France at the end of the year. Arras was assigned as a garrison .
War of the Austrian Succession (1740 to 1755)
- 1740 : Assigned to the “Armée de Bohême” (Bohemian Army) in the “Cayla Division”, the regiment arrived in Pilsen on November 6th and took part in the capture of Prague on November 26th . On December 4th, a brigade consisting of the regiments “du Roi” and “ Royal-Bavière ” under the command of the Comte de Polastron left Prague to alarm the Austrian garrisons in Moravia , to occupy the line on the Sazawa and to try to To take Ceske Budejovice
- 1742 : January 15th: capture of Iglau ,
- May: Security services at Lochowitz and the Königssaal, August: During the siege in Prague,
- December: Withdrawal from Prague, the regiment moved into quarters on the Naab
- 1743 : The regiment marches without major interruption to the Rhine. The strength was still 150 officers and 1,300 men,
- June: Battle of Dettingen with the loss of nine officers and 110 men dead and wounded. After the lost battle, the three regiments "du Roi", " de Navarre " and "d'Auvergne" formed the rearguard of the French army retreating to Haguenau in Alsace.
- August 17th: Relocation to Upper Alsace, occupation of Sponeck Castle to control the Rhine crossings from here.
- 1744 : Transferred to the army in Flanders, siege of Menin , Ypres and Furnes . Return to Alsace, together with the Régiment d'Artois transfer to Alsace with battles near Suffelsheim and Augenheim .
- August 26th: Crossing the Rhine,
- September 29th: Opening of the trenches (beginning of the siege work) in front of Freiburg
- 1745 : Back in Flanders. Siege of Tournai, battle of Fontenoy (2 captains, 2 lieutenants and 79 men had died, 25 officers and 266 men were so badly wounded that they could no longer fight.) The regiment then moved to Tournai and, at the end of the campaign, captured the Citadel there , as well as that of Oudenaarde and Ath.
- In January in the quarter in Binche , in May , Mechelen was occupied together with the regiments de Piémont and d'Auvergne . Siege of Mons , Charleroi , Saint-Ghislain and Namur , Battle of Raucoux
- 1747 : In the field camp near Malines until May, then siege of Château d'Illema and battle of Lauffeldt
- 1748 : Siege of Maastricht, return to the garrison at Versailles after the peace treaty
- 1755 : Transfer to Nancy to the court of " Roi Stanislas "
Seven Years War (1757 to 1763)
- 1757 : Assigned to the Rhine Army. In the regiment, an elite battalion was formed from the grenadier and hunter companies, which distinguished itself in the battle of Hastenbeck .
- 1758 : Quarters in Düsseldorf , battle of Krefeld and then retreat to Königsdorf
- 1760 : July 10th: Battle of Korbach , July 31st: Battle of Warburg
- 1761 : Battle of Vellinghausen and battle near Neuhaus
- 1762 : Battle near Melsungen
- 1763 : From March: Peace garrison in Besançon
Revolutionary Wars and Wars of the First Empire
- The 1st Battalion was assigned to Custine's Army. It was involved in the conquest of the Electoral Palatinate and then placed in a garrison in Mainz .
- Das 1. Battalion lag in Plombsheim, das 2. Battalion im Fort de Joux in Pontarlier
A detachment of the 2nd Battalion belonged to the Landau garrison and was involved in the successful defense of the fortress. The two battalions were then deployed on the Rhine and Moselle and moved to Italy in 1795.
- Embarkation for Santo Domingo
After their return, the parts of the regiment were initially used as demi-brigades de bataille in Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
Then back in France they belonged to the Gironde Observation Corps and were stationed in Bourges , Issoudun, Châteauroux , Bordeaux, Bayonne , and finally in Brest , where the "44 e demi-brigade de bataille" 1803 to the "44 e régiment d'infanterie" has been.
The "105 e régiment d'infanterie" (formed in 1803 from the "75 e demi-brigade de bataille") took part in the expedition to Ireland.
- 1805 to 1807
- Fight with the 7th and 10th Corps of the Grande Armée
- Campaign to Prussia and Poland
- Parts of the regiment were transferred to Spain, the rest was in Camp de Boulogne and Rennes
- With the 4th Corps on the Moselle
Stationed in Riom , the regiment belonged to; "51 e brigade d'infanterie"; in the “13 e corps d'armée”.
- for the "26 e division d'infanterie" from August 1914 to December 1916.
- for the "25 e division d'infanterie" from December 1916 to November 1918
- Mobilization of the regiment on August 2, 1914
- August 8 to September 11: Campaign in Lorraine - first battle near Badonviller
- September 15 to November 12: Race to the sea
- November 14th to December 2nd: Trench warfare in Flanders
- Trench warfare in Flanders
- March 1916 to April 25, 1916: Battle of Verdun
- July 17 to November 30, 1916: fighting on the Somme
1916 to 1917
- December 1916 to February 1917: fighting near Verdun
- February 1917 to July 1917: Trench warfare at Saint-Quentin
1917 to 1918
- August 1917 to July 17, 1918: Trench warfare near Verdun
23 August to 11 November 1918: fighting on the Vesle and the Aisne
On September 9, 1939, the inactive regiment (Régiment de réserve A RI type NE) was put into a state of war by the "Center Mobilisateur d'infanterie 132". The commander was the Lieutenant-Colonel Picard, it was assigned to the "26 e division d'infanterie". After the French defeat, it went under in 1940.
Last flag taken
The flag ribbon is with the Croix de guerre (1914-1918) decorated with three palm branches for three honorable mentions in army command.
The members of the regiment had (or have) the right to wear the Fourragère in the colors of the Croix de guerre 1914–1918.
(Auvergne, zu mir!)
- Historical-military chronology , by M. Pinard, volumes 4, 5, 7 and 8, Paris 1761, 1762, 1764 and 1778
- From the Collection of History of the French Infantry (General Andolenko - Eurimprim 1969)
- History "Susane" of the King's regiment , on the site http://www.ancestramil.fr/
-  History of the Regiments 1914–1918
- dishonorable dissolved
- which had nothing to do with the former 105 e regiment d'infanterie
- 30. Light Infantry Regiment
- Fifth general summary of the military of France, on land and at sea , Lemau de la Jaisse, Paris, 1739
- , i.e. the regiments that the king himself owned
- The overall ranking was important for the reputation of the regiment owner and was the cause of constant wrangling
- So a representative of the actual commander, who was himself only representative of the king as nominal commander.
- also in Verdun
- « Decision n ° 12350 / SGA / DPMA / SHD / DAT of 14 September 2007 in relation to the inscriptions of battle names on the drapes and extensions of the troops of the Army of the Earth, the health service of the armies and the service des essences des armées, Bulletin officiel des armées, n ° 27, 9 novembre 2007 » Troop bodies of the Army, the Sanitary Service and the fuel supply industry. Published with the official Army Bulletin No. 27 of November 9, 2007 ")
- " Arrêté relatif à l'attribution de l'inscription AFN 1952–1962 sur les drapeaux et étendards des formations des armées et services, du 19 November 2004 (A) NORDEF0452926A Michèle Alliot-Marie " (German: "Order AFN 1952–1962 on the assignment of the inscriptions on the flags and standards of the formations of the army and the services of November 19, 2004 (A) NORDEF0452926A Michèle Alliot-Marie ")
- This also applies to units that have already been disbanded, as they can (theoretically) be put back into active service at any time