|Mass storage||1 GB flash memory|
|processor||500 MHz ARM11|
|random access memory||256 MB DRAM|
7- inch - touch screen |
800 × 480 pixels
|Current operating system||Google Android|
|Type||2,500 mAh Lithium-Ionen|
|measures and weight|
|Dimensions (H × W × D)||196,6 mm × 130 mm × 22 mm|
The SmartPad was delivered from July to the end of September 2010, after which other tablets should follow, according to CEO Dommermuth , but this has not yet happened.  According to United Internet, 25,000 Smartpads have been ordered from NEC. 
A heavily modified Android version 1.6 is used as the operating system . Since there is neither a GPS nor a 3G module, several functions of this operating system are deactivated. This deactivation means that the device is not certified by Google , and the license agreement of Google Inc. is violated, which is why the device is not granted access to content in the Google Play Store by Google . Instead, its own 1 & 1 App Store is to supply the device with apps . However, this app store only has a very small selection of explicit 1 & 1-tested apps available. An update to Android version 2.2 Froyo has been offeredsince October. 
A 500 MHz ARM11 processor is used . The main memory is 256 MB. There is also an internal flash memory with 1 GB. The basic equipment includes WLAN - 802.11b / g / n , a USB 2.0 connection as well as an SDHC memory card slot and an infrared transmitter. A 3.5 mm jack plug is installed for audio transmission . The SmartPad is charged via a micro USB port. The battery has a capacity of 2500 mAh and lasts up to 4 hours. 
From July to the end of September 2010, new customers who chose at least the “1 & 1 Double Flat 16,000” tariff could choose between a monetary bonus of 150 euros, the Smartpad and a maxdome audio station.
The tablet Smartpad developed by 1 & 1 was referred to by the online magazine CHIP as a “scrap tablet” due to the lack of Google Play stores and the resistive display.  The lack of support for Adobe Flash and the slow response were also criticized. 
- SmartPad report at Chip ( Memento of the original from July 2, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- 1 & 1 is running out of SmartPad - heise online
- United Internet takes tablet from Golem market on August 27, 2010
- Froyo now also available for the 1 & 1 SmartPad The 1 & 1 blog from October 5th, 2010
- 1 & 1 SmartPad: Scrap tablet now for € 99 at Real. (No longer available online.) In: chip.de. CHIP , August 8, 2011, archived from the original on June 19, 2015 ; Retrieved August 3, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- FAZ test report , accessed on July 6, 2010