|138th Mixed Brigade|
|Active||May 1937-March 1939|
|Rama/s||Regular People's Army|
|Wars and battles|
|Spanish Civil War|
The unit was created in May 1937 from elements of the 2nd Division of the " Army of Catalonia ", being under the command of Lieutenant Colonel of the Civil Guard Mauricio García Ezcurra . The brigade was assigned to the 33rd Division , [ 1 ] initially heading to the Andalusia front and, later, to the Guadalajara front, where it spent the rest of the war.
Between April 5 and 7, 1938, he took part in the fighting that took place in the so-called "Vertice Cerro", in the province of Cuenca, facing fourteen enemy assaults against his positions that left the brigade seriously damaged. A few months later, in August, the 138th WB took part in various actions that took place in the Universal Mountains. [ 2 ]
During the rest of the war he did not participate in relevant military operations.
- Lieutenant colonel of the Civil Guard Mauricio García Ezcurra ; [ 3 ]
- Major of the militias Ramón Pastor Llorens ;
- Infantry Commander José Ramos Chiva ;
- Militia Major José Ramón Poveda ;
- Militia Major Gabriel Carbajal Alcaide ;
- Chiefs of Staff
- Alpert , Michael (1989). The republican army in the civil war . Siglo XXI Editores.
- Álvarez , Santiago (1989). Political commissars in the People's Army of the Republic . Editions do Castro.
- Engel , Carlos (1999). History of the Mixed Brigades of the People's Army of the Republic . Madrid: Almena. ISBN 84-922644-7-0 .
- González Huix , Francisco J. (1995). The port and the sea of Tarragona during the Civil War, 1936-1939 . Institut d'Estudis Tarraconenses «Ramon Berenguer IV».