13 Most Beautiful Women - 13 Most Beautiful Women
|German title||13 Most Beautiful Women|
|Original title||13 Most Beautiful Women|
|Country of production||United States|
The 40-minute black and white - silent film presents as a work of conceptual art is a compilation of manufactured in 1964. Screen Tests are Andy Warhol Thematically and structurally similar to the films produced in the following two years. 13 Most Beautiful Boys and 50 Fantastics and 50 Personalities . All of these films document Warhol's interest in the portrait of society , which also formed a focus of his work in his painterly work; At the same time, the portrait series 13 Most Wanted Men , which Warhol at the world exhibition, was createdshowed in New York in 1964. In the 1970s in particular, the artist concentrated on the visual representation of more or less prominent contemporaries.
- Enno Patalas (ed.): Andy Warhol and his films: A documentary . Heyne, Munich 1971, ISBN 0-200-41991-9 .
- Stephen Koch: Stargazer. The Life, World and Films of Andy Warhol . London 1974; Updated reissue Marion Boyars, New York 2002, ISBN 0-7145-2920-6 .
- Bernard Blistène (Hrsg.): Andy Warhol, Cinema: on the occasion of the Andy Warhol Retrospective Exhibition (June 21 - September 10, 1990) organized in Paris by the National Museum of Modern Art at the Center Georges Pompidou . Ed. du Center Georges Pompidou, Paris 1990, ISBN 2-908393-30-1 .
- Debra Miller: Billy Name: Stills from the Warhol films. Prestel, München 1994, ISBN 3-7913-1367-3.
- Astrid Johanna Ofner (Ed.): Andy Warhol - Filmmaker. A retrospective of the Viennale and the Austrian Film Museum October 1 to 31, 2005 . Vienna 2005, ISBN 3-85266-282-6 .