A 180-degree cinema, also Cinema 180 °, is a dome-shaped cinema tent in which short, action-packed film sequences, e.g. B. a roller coaster ride can be shown at almost 180 degrees. The spectators then have the feeling of driving with this. 180 degree cinemas were especially popular in theme parks and fairs in the 1980s . Later there was also a 360-degree version. In contrast to IMAX , the films were not yet in 3D or 4D .
The 65 mm film (Omnivision, from 1979) was used. The technology is based on the Cinetarium dome cinema (360 degrees) from 1958 with 35 mm film and 4-channel magnetic sound.
The film projector is located in the tent and projects the film onto half the tent wall. The tent has no floor, so the audience usually stands in a meadow. In the event of nausea or certain scenes (roller coaster incline shortly before free fall), the view can be averted downwards. The visual impression is accompanied by a loud sound.
(Excerpt, mostly rebuilt or no longer available)
- Cinema 180 (in the former Traumland Park )
- Cine 2000 ( Phantasialand )
- Fort Fun Adventure Land
- Panorama Park Sauerland
- Holiday Park Haßloch
- Safariland Stukenbrock
- Safariland Groß-Gerau Wallerstädten (-1985)
- Schwabenpark (until the end of the 2013 season)
- ZOOM Gelsenkirchen (Alaska Ice Adventure) with vibration
- Cinema 2000 Wiener Prater
- Kirchhorst amusement park
Mostly one of three films was shown, in which various short sequences are included. The total duration of each film is usually around 11 and a maximum of 20 minutes. The films were shot with special fisheye lenses . Omni Films developed the film format Omnivision Cinema 180 in 1979 . The speed has been increased significantly for almost all films.
In addition to the American company "Omni Films", there was the German company "CINEVISION" from Paderborn, which produced and sold 70 mm films especially for 180 degree cinemas. Today the company was transferred to AKPservices GmbH.
- Crazy Wheels (first film, 1979)
- Pabeon (1992)
- Flight 747
- Wild Wild West
- Cavalcade of Thrills
- Thrills of America
- International Thrill Show
- Powerspeed (???? - CINEVISION)
- Brasil (???? - CINEVISION)
- Thriller 2000 (1985 - CINEVISION)
- Magic Florida (1994 - CINEVISION)
- great roller coaster
- Wooden roller coaster
- Flight over the Grand Canyon with side pans, close to the cliffs
- fast car chase with emergency braking in front of zebra crossing with baby carriage
- Racing car ride
- rapid train journey (accelerated departure of the " Drachenfelsbahn ")
- Take a cable car ride in San Francisco
- Killer-Wal aus Sea World in Florida (Magic Florida)
- Everglades (Magic Florida)
- Miami Beach (Magic Florida)