Chronicle of the city of Düren / 1876–1900 - Chronik der Stadt Düren/1876–1900
- Foundation of the animal protection association
- 4th July: Opening of the ' RHEINISCHE PROVINZIAL BLINDENSTALT ' in Alte Jülicher Str. , Which was previously located in Jesuitengasse in the Jesuit college
- Establishment of the 'Zimmermann & Jansen' factory
- Foundation of the Rölsdorfer rifle brotherhood "Constantia" in the Gasthaus Gohr
- Foundation of the steel goods and chain factory Leopold Krafft u. Co., later, Krafft and Schüll
- The Düren Beautification Association is laying the 'Nördliche Vereinsstraße', now Schoellerstr. , and the 'Südliche Vereinsstraße', now Eberhard-Hoesch-Str. or Euskirchener Str. , at
- May 6th: The Düren town band, called 'Städtische', gives their first concert in Großtivoli
- Spring: The fire brigade band is founded
- June 1st: The local telegraph office is merged with the post office
- June 24th: Weak earthquake
- September 6th: Founding of the 'Düren Men's Choir'
- November 2: Major fire in the sugar factory
- December 18: Successful attempts are made to establish a telephone connection with Aachen on the previous telegraph line
- Easter: Opening of the St. Anna Parish School, now Pesch School
- First edition of the Düren address book
- May 1st: Opening of the ' RHEINISCHE PROVINZIAL IRRENANSTALT ' on the 'Sieben Morgen' property, construction of which began in 1874
- August 26th: Strong earthquake, a lot of structural damage in Düren
- September 10: Expulsion of the Ursulines from Düren
- The city is building a girls' high school in the former Ursuline convent
- The district court of Düren moves into the Jesuit college and uses it until 1934.
- The monastery of the Elisabetherinnen is demolished.
- The Ritzefeld und Linden company is building a bathing establishment in Rurstr.
- Extension of a Joseph chapel to St. Martin's Church (Annakirche), completed in 1881
- April 1st: Fire in the sugar factory
- June 11th: First electrical house lighting in Eberhard Hoesch's private house
- September 29: Foundation stone laid by Philipp Schoeller for the new construction of the Anker carpet factory. It partially moves from the city center to Birkesdorf .
- April 10th: Foundation of the municipal high school, today Rurtalgymnasium
- There are 118 wells in Düren
- November: The Annuntiatenkloster in Zehnthofstr. is cancelled
- December 1st: Results of the census: 17,151 inhabitants, 1,576 houses
- Start of the expansion of the Alte Jülicher Str.
- January 19: The first public mailbox in Rölsdorf is put into operation
- March 15: The 'Voluntary Poor Association' opens a sales point for savings brands
- March 19: The St. Joseph's Chapel, built on the north side of the Anna Church, is inaugurated, donated by Alexander Theodor Ahrweiler
- 18./24. November / 1. December: earthquakes caused by earthquakes
- First Dürener companies, the sugar factory building its own power on
- In the Protestant cemetery in Kölnstr. a chapel is built, which was destroyed in the Second World War and not rebuilt
- Below the Tivolistr. a cell bathing establishment is built. There was a public bathing establishment on the Rur from July 27, 1837.
- May 2: The evangelical community school becomes a Realprogymnasium , today a grammar school at Wirteltor
- AUGUST 25: Dechant Vaßen is because of the Diamond Jubilee priest for the first honorary citizen of the city appointed
- September 10: Laying of the foundation stone for the St. Anna Column at Altenteich
- December 11: The Dürener Volksbank is converted into a stock corporation
- The men's choir 'Liederkranz' is founded
- August 24th: The Schellengasse is opened in Wilhelmstr. renamed
- A cell bathing establishment is being built on the Rur
- May 25: Inauguration of the St. Anna Column, Altenteich, as a present for Dean Vaßen, who celebrated his diamond jubilee as a priest
- July 9th: The second Kölntor, a 'residential gate' owned by Wilhelm Edmund Hoesch, the old city fortification in Kölnstrasse, is demolished
- The Ursulines move into their new monastery in front of the Kölntor
- The first telephone service is created
- The chemist Adolf Hupertz and the businessman Felix Banning found the Düren metal foundry in Veldener Str
- Relocation of Bergstrasse, today 'Am Krausberg', due to renewed enlargement of the municipal cemetery
- In Düren there are 19,802 inhabitants in 3,727 households or 1,709 houses
- June 19th: Inauguration of the water tower at Annakirmesplatz. The first public water pipeline was put into operation.
- July 4th: The Crown Prince, later Emperor Friedrich III. , stops in Düren
- July 25th: Commissioning of the first urban water pipeline and the first waterworks above the city near the racecourse
- October 14: Privy Councilor Emmerich Stürtz is named the second honorary citizen of the city on the occasion of his 50th anniversary in service as District Administrator
- The first steam laundry in Düren, Johann Wolff, later the Edelweiß company, is built in Burgstrasse, now Rütger-von-Scheven-Strasse.
- The Protestant orphanage in Pletzergasse opens
- May 3: Opening of the north school on Ochsenweg, now Schulstr.
- May 24th: Julius Reinhardt dies as the last pastor of the Lutheran congregation
- 28/29 October: The evangelical congregation in Düren is founded through the deed of union of the Reformed and Lutheran congregations (Calvinists and Lutherans)
- Foundation of the cotton wool and bandage factory Dr. Degen & Kuth (DUKA, now Hartmann) by the owner of the Löwenapotheke, which has existed since the 15th century
- The district office moves from Oberstr. to the house of Eberhard Hoesch at the cattle market
- Construction of the fire station on the school site of the Peschschule
- Nerbst: The underpass of the Cologne – Aachen railway line will be built in the Eisenbahnstrasse, today Josef-Schregel-Strasse, in its present form
- The 'Rheinische Provinzial Insane Asylum' is expanded to include a house for sick lawbreakers
- 540 households are connected to the public water supply
- The first primitive gas piping is replaced by seamless Mannesmann pipes
- The chicken market in Ahrweiler place renamed
- Beginning of piping of the city stream
- Construction of the fire brigade training house at the old water tower, Annakirmesplatz (existed until 1933)
- The first horse-drawn steam sprayer for the fire brigade is donated by manufacturers in Düren (cost: 4,600 thalers)
- June 20: The cell bathing establishment on the Rur is torn away by floods
- October 30th: Inauguration of the new building of the Protestant children's school on Philippstrasse, later the Protestant parish hall, demolished in the 1970s to expand the intersection area
- November 5: Opening of the Cologne - Düren - Aachen telephone line
- December 3: The one at Schützenstr. The newly built kitchen with the dining hall of the “Voluntary Poor Association” is put into use
- Extension of the town hall
- Creation of the Jewish cemetery in Binsfelder Str.
- The Dürener Bank moves to the Wilhelmstr. 8 um
- May 7th: The cattle market is renamed Kaiserplatz
- 3rd June: Opening of the boys' day care center in Hortstrasse, today Langemarckstrasse.
- May 5th: Inauguration of the war memorial
- The Augustinian Cellites start building a new monastery with a church between Pletzergasse and Jesuitengasse, completed in 1910
- Founding of the Canzler machine and equipment factory
- Creation of the ' Düren Metal Works '
- Countess von Keyserlingk inherits Burgau Castle (previously the von Elmt families)
- March 22: The city inaugurates a monument to Kaiser Wilhelm I on Kaiserplatz (price: 70,000 marks); until 1850 the preaching house of the Reformed congregation stood here
- March 25th: The library (city library) moves from a hall of the town hall to the extension of the town hall on Weierstrasse. around
- April 21: Inauguration of the Stiftisches Gymnasium in Zehnthofstr.
- Expansion of Bismarckstrasse. and Moltkestr.
- New construction of the Rurbadeanstalt below Tivolistraße . The old bathing establishment from 1882 was destroyed in a flood in 1891.
- June 1st: The Düren – Kreuzau railway line goes into operation
- September 19: The Bismarck monument in Bismarckstrasse. is inaugurated. It costs 70,000 marks, which the citizens of Düren raised themselves
- December 9th: Foundation of the Düren branch of the Eifelverein
The Protestant parish hall in Moltkestr. arises
- February 1st: In Philippstr. 7 a public bath with 16 bathtubs and 17 shower rooms will be built, which was largely financed by Eberhard Hoesch
- April 1: The first Düren steam train starts its local freight transport in Düren-Nord (later ' Dürener Eisenbahn AG')
- June 3: The Protestant Realprogymnasium is converted into a Realschule , from 1901 Realgymnasium
- September 1: The first automobile drives in Düren
- April 2: Düren's first mayor, Hubert Jacob Werners, dies. He will be succeeded by the former 2nd Mayor of Mannheim, August Klotz
- May: The new Rur bridge, Bismarck bridge, is opened to traffic
- June 1st: The Düren steam train also starts passenger traffic to Birkesdorf
- July 4th: The girls' home in Holzstr. will be opened
- August 8th: The compulsory connection to the water pipe is ordered by a municipal ordinance
- September 12th: The newly built orphanage in the Spülgasse, now Waisenhausstr. , is inaugurated by Pastor Lohmann , Parish St. Anna. The Borromean Sisters are responsible for the care
- The Leopold Schoeller & Söhne cloth factory moved from the current Kaufhof grounds on Wirteltorplatz to the current Valencienner Str. In Brand on March 13 and 14, 1895
- The Anker carpet factory moves from Wirtelstrasse. to Birkesdorf (move started in 1879)
- March 21: Prince Otto von Bismarck becomes 3rd honorary citizen of the city
- March 28th: In the Wirtelstr. 31 the merchant Leonhard Tietz opens a department store on 800 m² (from 1993 Kaufhof AG)
- June 23: Inauguration of the Protestant parish hall in Moltkestr.
- September 30th: The city acquires 'Großtivoli', now Stadtpark, from the Ewaldus rifle guild for 64,000 marks
- October 14th: Inauguration of the new Mother of God House
- The ' Spielvereinigung Schwarz-Weiß Düren ' emerged from the Düren gymnastics club
- Establishment of the 'Rurtalsperren-Gesellschaft' by the administrative districts of Aachen
- June 21: opening of the city park
- September 16: The Annakirmes takes place for the first time on the new site on Aachener Strasse , previously in the city center on Kaiserplatz
- The Cellitinnen take over the hospital in Lendersdorf
- February 21: First screening of 'living photographs' (film screening)
- April 25: Inauguration of the fountain in what is now Langemarckpark on Josef-Schregel-Str.
- November 28: Inauguration of St. Joachim's Church in Norddüren by Auxiliary Bishop Dr. Hermann Joseph Schmitz
- The Cellitinnen take over the Provincial Facility for the Blind in Düren and work there until 1968.
- Demolition of the old syringe house in Weierstrasse.
- APRIL 1: Dürener Industrial start with an insert which Dürener Bank AG ', the later with the Dresdner Bank merged
- July 31: The 'Köln-Obertor-Promenade' is opened in Hohenzollernstr. renamed
- Foundation of the first soccer club 'Germania'
- 90% of the residents get their water from the public network
- Installation of an organ in the Church of the Resurrection (Evangelical Church)
- Inauguration of the 'Annaheimes' as a Rhenish blind asylum, a foundation by Philipp and Anna Schoeller
- May 7th: With urban barges (rowing boats) you can now row on the Rur between Aachener Straße and the Rur swimming pool
- July 1st: Opening of the 'savings and loan fund', later Kreissparkasse, in Wilhelmstrasse. 15th
- The rectory in Rölsdorf, Monschauer Str. 134, is built
- Düren has 27,168 inhabitants, is the second richest city in Prussia and the third richest city in Germany
- Leopold Hoesch donates the museum to the city
- Yearbook of the Düren district
- Düren history sheets, published by the Düren history association
- Documents from the Düren City and District Archives (PDF; 191 kB)
- Rölsdorfer history (s), published by the Schützenbruderschaft Constantia 1877 e. V., 2002, ISBN 3927312509