2-dietilaminoetanotiol - 2-dietilaminoetanotiol
|2- (dietilamino) etanotiol|
|Other names|| 2-dietilaminoetil-mercaptano Dietilcisteamina |
|Appearance||Liquid oily colorless to orange.|
|Density||900 kg/m³; 0,9 g/cm³|
|Molar mass||133.26 g / mol|
|Melting point||−29 °C (244 K)|
|Boiling point||162 °C (435 K)|
|Vapor pressure||2,3 ± 0,3 mmHg|
|Refractive index (n D )||1,469|
|Solubility in water||5 g/L|
|Family||Amine , thiol|
|Flash point||325,15 K (52 °C)|
|amines|| Triethylamine |
2- (methylthio) ethylamine
|aminotioles|| Cisteamina |
Captamina 2- (etilamino) etanotiol
|Values in the SI and under standard conditions|
(25 ℃ and 1 atm ), unless otherwise indicated.
The 2-diethylaminoethanethiol , also known as dietilcisteamina , [ 2 ] is an organic compound of molecular formula C 6 H 15 N S . It is an aminothiol with a single tertiary amino group . Its structure is related to that of cysteamine , but unlike the latter, the two hydrogens attached to the nitrogen are replaced by two ethyl groups . It is also similar to that of triethylamine , with a thiol group (-SH) added at one end.
Physical and chemical properties
2-Diethylaminoethanethiol is an oily liquid with a colorless to orange hue. [ 3 ] It reaches the boiling point at 162 ° C , while its melting point is -29 ° C, both of which are estimated values. Its flash point - the minimum temperature at which the vapors of a fluid initiate combustion - is 52 ± 23 ° C. [ 4 ]
It has a density of 0.9 g / L . It is somewhat soluble in water, in an approximate proportion of 5 g / L. The value of the logarithm of its partition coefficient , log P = 1.82, indicates that its solubility in hydrophobic solvents is considerably higher than in hydrophilic solvents . Its estimated surface tension is 30 dyne / cm, [ 4 ] less than half that of water.
Synthesis and uses
2-Diethylaminoethanethiol can be synthesized by reacting S- [2- (diethylamino) ethyl] benzenecarbothioate with hydrogen chloride . It is also obtained from S- (2-chloroethyl) ethanethioate, ethyl ether and diethylamine . [ 5 ]
This compound is irritating to the eyes, skin and respiratory system. [ 3 ]
The following aminothiols are isomers of 2-diethylaminoethanethiol:
The following compounds are thioethers also isomers of 2-diethylaminoethanethiol:
- CAS number
- 2-(Diethylamino)ethanethiol (PubChem)
- 2-Diethylaminoethanethiol(100-38-9) (Chemical Book)
- 2-Diethylaminoethanethiol (ChemSpider)
- 2-(diethylamino)ethanethiol 100-38-9 Synthesis Route (Molbase)
- P704790 (Toronto Research Chemicals)
- Wang J, Zima J, Lawrence NS, Chatrathi MP, Mulchandani A, Collins GE (2004). «Microchip capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical detection of thiol-containing degradation products of V-type nerve agents.». Analytical chemistry 76 (16): 4721-4726. Consultado el 5 de junio de 2016.
- Joshi KA1, Prouza M, Kum M, Wang J, Tang J, Haddon R, Chen W, Mulchandani A. (2006). «V-type nerve agent detection using a carbon nanotube-based amperometric enzyme electrode.». Analytical chemistry 78 (1): 4721-4726. Consultado el 5 de junio de 2016.