2-Methoxyethylacetat - 2-Methoxyethylacetat
|other names|| |
|Sum formula||C 5 H 10 O 3|
|Brief description|| |
colorless liquid with a fruity odor 
|External identifiers / databases|
|Molar mass||118.13 g · mol −1|
|Physical state|| |
1,009 g·cm−3 (25 °C)
|boiling point|| |
|Refractive index|| |
1,402 (20 °C)
|Authorization procedure under REACH|
Switzerland: 1 ml m −3 or 4.9 mg m −3 
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions . Refractive index: Na-D line , 20 ° C|
Extraction and presentation
2-Methoxyethyl acetate is a slightly volatile, flammable, colorless liquid with an ester-like odor that is miscible with water. It decomposes when heated, producing irritating vapors and gases. 
- Data sheet 2-Methoxyethyl acetate from Sigma-Aldrich , accessed on May 12, 2017 ( PDF ).
- Entry on 2-methoxyethyl acetate in the Hazardous Substances Data Bank , accessed on January 22, 2015.
- Entry on 2-methoxyethyl acetate in the Classification and Labeling Inventory of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), accessed on August 1, 2016. Manufacturers or distributors can expand the harmonized classification and labeling .
- Entry in the SVHC list of the European Chemicals Agency , accessed on July 16, 2019.
- Swiss Accident Insurance Fund (Suva): Limit values - current MAK and BAT values (search for 110-49-6 or 2-methoxyethyl acetate ), accessed on November 2, 2015.