2010 - Liste der Mitglieder der Deutschen Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina/2010
|Years||2007 2008 2009 ← 2010 → 2011 2012 2013|
|Decades||1980s 1990s 2000s ← 2010s → 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Centuries||XX century ← XXI century → XXII century|
|Annual table of the XXI century|
|News per month|
2010 ( MMX ) was a normal year starting on Friday on the Gregorian calendar . It was also the 2010 anno Domini number or the Christian Era designation, in addition to the tenth of the 21st century and the third millennium and also the first of the 2010s .
It was designated as the Year of the Tiger , according to the Chinese horoscope ; the Centennial Year of the Mexican Revolution , according to the Government of Mexico ; [ 1 ] the Year of the Bicentennial of Mexico's Independence , according to the Government of Mexico , [ 1 ] the International Year of Biological Diversity , according to the UN ; [ 2 ] the International Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures, according to the UN ; [ 3 ] theYear of the Bicentennial of the beginning of the process of Independence of Argentina , according to the Government of Argentina ; [ 4 ] the Year 52 of the Revolution , according to the Government of Cuba ; [ 5 ] the Year of the Bicentennial of the Independence of Colombia , according to the Government of Colombia ; [ 6 ] the Year of the Bicentennial of the beginning of the process of Independence of Chile , according to the Government of Chile ; [ 7] The Year of the1100th anniversaryof theKingdom of Leónand the Year of the Seaman, according to theIMO. [ 8 ]
- February 3 : centenary of the birth of Blas Galindo .
- February 21 : centenary of the birth of the Mexican Red Cross .
- March 1 : bicentennial of the birth of Frédéric Chopin .
- March 16 : centenary of the death of Juan de Dios Peza .
- March 23 : 100th anniversary of the birth of Akira Kurosawa .
- April 8 : centenary of the birth of Lobsang Rampa .
- April 21 : 100th anniversary of the death of Mark Twain .
- April 19 : bicentennial of the Revolution of April 19 in Venezuela .
- May 17 : fifth centenary of the death of Sandro Botticelli .
- May 22 : fiftieth anniversary of the 1960 Valdivia Earthquake .
- May 25 : bicentennial of the May Revolution in the Argentine Republic .
- June 5 : centenary of the death of O. Henry .
- July 5 : 100th anniversary of the birth of Robert K. Merton .
- July 18 : fourth centenary of the death of Caravaggio .
- July 20 : bicentennial of the Cry of Independence in Colombia .
- August 26 : centenary of the birth of Teresa of Calcutta .
- September 16 : bicentennial of the Independence of Mexico .
- September 18 : bicentennial of the First National Board of Government of Chile .
- September 22 : centenary of the founding of the National Autonomous University of Mexico .
- October 28 : fifth centenary of the birth of Francisco de Borja .
- October 28: 100th anniversary of the birth of Kid Chocolate .
- October 30 : 100th anniversary of the birth of Miguel Hernández .
- November 6 : centenary of the birth of Demetrio Vallejo .
- November 18 : centenary of the death of Aquiles Serdán .
- November 20 : centenary of the Mexican Revolution .
- November 20: centenary of the death of Leo Tolstoy .
- December 19 : centenary of the birth of Jean Genet .
- December 19: centenary of the birth of José Lezama Lima .
- December 30 : 100th anniversary of the birth of Paul Bowles .
- December 30: centenary of the death of Práxedis G. Guerrero .
- Centenary of the birth of Concha Urquiza .
- January 1st :
- The young Norwegian chess player Magnus Carlsen becomes the youngest world number one in history, achieving this position at the age of nineteen years and one month.
- Spain assumes the Presidency of the Council of the European Union , succeeding Sweden . [ 9 ]
- I begin the second Jacobean Holy Year of the Third Millennium , organized in May 2009. [ 10 ]
- The second Holy Year begins in Caravaca de la Cruz, granted by the Holy See in perpetuity, every 7 years.
- It is the 10th anniversary of the dreaded effect 2000 (Y2K), whose malaise had the world in suspense, especially the computer programs that were going to be reset to 1980 , which later did not represent a major problem for the world.
- January 4 : in Dubai ( United Arab Emirates ) the tallest skyscraper in the world, Burj Khalifa with 828 meters, is inaugurated . [ 11 ]
- January 8 : The Togo football team suffers a terrorist attack in Cabinda , Angola, causing the death of 3 members of the coaching staff and 8 wounded, including national team players.
- January 10 : Venezuelan animator Daniel Sarcos officially leaves the Venevisión channel after 14 years of work, he will focus on television projects for Ecuador and the Dominican Republic .
- January 12 : in Haiti , a devastating earthquake [ 12 ] with a magnitude of 7, with an epicenter 15 km from Port-au-Prince , causes thousands of deaths and injuries and numerous material damages. [ 13 ]
- January 15 :
- January 17 :
- In Chile, the politician Sebastián Piñera defeats the Concertación candidate Eduardo Frei in the second round . For the first time since 1958, the Chilean center-right achieved the presidency of the Republic by electoral means.
- In Ushuaia there is an earthquake of magnitude 6.3 on the Richter scale. [ 16 ]
- January 19 : New earthquake in Argentina, this time in the province of Tucumán . No material or personal damage was recorded. [ 16 ] [ 17 ]
- January 22 : the new plurinational state approved in the new political constitution of the state on January 22, 2009 is decreed and created in Bolivia .
- January 24 : in Venezuela , the private television channel RCTV Internacional stops broadcasting , for violating the spring law . [ 18 ]
- January 25 : In a bar in Mexico City , Paraguayan soccer player Salvador Cabañas receives a shot in the head. He will recover after several months of hospitalization.
- January 27 :
- February 4 : the first commercial transaction is carried out with the SUCRE , between Cuba and Venezuela . [ 20 ]
- February 5 : in Buenos Aires , Argentina , the Metropolitan Police begins its activities . [ 21 ]
- February 7 : Elections in Costa Rica to elect President , deputies and municipalities . [ 22 ]
- 22 to 23 February : Held in Playa de Carmen , Mexico , the XXI Rio Summit with the participation of thirty-two countries in Latin America and the Caribbean . [ 23 ]
- February 27 :
- In Chile , a strong earthquake of magnitude 8.8 with its epicenter 300 km from the coast of the region of Maule , produces hundreds of deaths and injuries and widespread damage (this earthquake was the 5th strongest in history ). [ 24 ]
- Another earthquake affects the Argentine city of Salta , but without being directly related to the first, according to experts on the subject. [ 25 ]
- March 1 : the new president José Mujica takes office in Uruguay , succeeding Dr. Tabaré Vázquez . [ 26 ]
- March 4 : a new earthquake happens in Chile , this time in Calama . [ 27 ]
- March 7 :
- In Iraq , parliamentary elections are held , the second with the new Constitution, for the Council of Representatives ; whose parliamentarians in turn elect the president and prime minister . [ 28 ]
- In Turkey , a strong earthquake of magnitude 5.9 kills 50 people. [ 29 ]
- Kathryn Bigelow becomes the first woman in history to win the Oscar for Best Directing at the 82nd Academy Awards for the film The Hurt Locker . Film that also won five other statuettes in the categories of Best Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Film. [ 30 ]
- March 9 : The deadline for the delivery of the Chilean countermemory before the International Court of The Hague , regarding the maritime delimitation controversy between Chile and Peru , is reached . [ 31 ]
- March 11 :
- March 14 :
- March 26 : in Iraq, after a long scrutiny of almost three weeks, the final official results of the parliamentary elections are announced; The coalition headed by former Prime Minister Iyad Allawi is the winner with a relative majority and a very narrow margin , but the absence of an absolute majority and the allegations of fraud by the current Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki (whose coalition obtained second place) do not allow clear up the doubt about who will head the next government of the country. [ 36 ] [ 37 ]
- March 27 : Earth Hour is celebrated in more than four thousand cities in 125 countries to raise awareness in the fight against climate change by turning off the lights for an hour. [ 38 ]
- March 29 : in Moscow ( Russia ) terrorist attacks take place in subway stations , causing dozens of deaths and injuries. [ 39 ]
- April 4 : in the municipality of Mexicali ( Mexico ), a strong earthquake of magnitude 7.2 shakes the north of Baja California and the south of the state of California (United States).
- April 6 : in the state of Rio de Janeiro , Brazil , a heavy rainstorm leaves 28.8 cm of water falling in 24 hours causing floods and mudslides with a toll of more than two hundred deaths. [ 40 ]
- April 7 : in Kyrgyzstan , President Kurmanbek Bakyiev is overthrown by a popular uprising ( Kyrgyz Revolt of 2010 ) caused by the brutal repression of the military and police against the demonstrations called by the opposition in the capital of the country, Bishkek ; and that degenerated into bloody street fighting between security forces and heavily armed protesters. After the president's flight from the capital, a provisional government made up of opposition leaders assumed de facto power and secured the support of the Armed Forces and the police. [ 41 ]
- April 8 : in Prague ( Czech Republic ), Dmitry Medvedev (President of Russia) and Barack Obama (President of the United States), sign the historic START III treaty to reduce nuclear weapons , the most ambitious to date; which sets a maximum ceiling of 1,550 nuclear warheads for each of the two countries after a disarmament period of a few years. [ 42 ]
- April 10 : in Russia is a plane Star Tupolev Tu-154 , during the landing maneuver at Smolensk North Airport , passing away all occupants, including Polish President Lech Kaczyński . [ 43 ]
- April 11 : the first round of parliamentary elections is held in Hungary , with a landslide victory for the right-wing Fidesz party , allowing its leader Viktor Orbán to be the next prime minister . [ 44 ]
- April 14 : in the province China of Qinghai an earthquake of magnitude 7.1 causes hundreds of deaths, thousands of injuries and widespread damage. [ 45 ]
- April 15 : The eruption of the Eyjafjalla volcano in Iceland spews ash into the atmosphere that paralyzes air traffic in northern Europe. [ 46 ]
- April 18 : Presidential elections are held in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (a de facto independent state , only recognized by Turkey ) and the winner is the current prime minister, the nationalist Derviş Eroğlu , who defeated the current president and candidate for the re-election Mehmet Ali Talat ; which could block negotiations for reunification with Cyprus . [ 47 ]
- April 22 : In the Gulf of Mexico , the plant Deepwater Horizon of BP sinks after a fire two days, beginning one of the oil spills in the open sea of the world.
- April 25 :
- In Austria presidential elections are held and the current president is re - elected, the Social Democrat Heinz Fischer , with an overwhelming majority. [ 48 ]
- In Hungary the second round of parliamentary elections is held , ratifying and expanding the overwhelming majority obtained by the right-wing Fidesz party in the first round; so its leader Viktor Orbán will head the next government. [ 49 ]
- In Cuba held municipal elections . [ 50 ]
- April 26 : The United States extradites former Panamanian dictator Manuel Antonio Noriega (overthrown by the 1989 US Invasion of Panama ) to France , after spending more than twenty years in a US federal prison (more than 17 years serving time for drug trafficking and more two and a half years awaiting the extradition requested by the French justice); in France, he must be subjected to trial and a sentence of ten years in prison that was handed down in absentia for money laundering related to drug trafficking could be ratified . [ 51 ] 
- April 30 : The World Expo is inaugurated in Shanghai , China , which runs until October 31 under the slogan "Better city, better life . " [ 53 ] [ 54 ]
- The crisis in Greece worsens and threatens to spread to the rest of Europe . [ 55 ] [ 56 ] [ 57 ]
- May 4 : Former Argentine President Néstor Kirchner is appointed Secretary General of UNASUR .
- May 5 : Incidents during the general strike in Greece in opposition to the adjustment plan proposed by the government to face the crisis cause the death of 3 people as a result of the fire of a bank branch. [ 58 ]
- May 6 : in the UK are held parliamentary elections ; The Conservative Party and its leader David Cameron win, but without reaching an absolute majority , so they begin negotiations with the Liberal Democratic Party (which came third in the elections) to try to form a coalition government and thus guarantee the election Cameron as Prime Minister . [ 59 ] [ 60 ]
- May 8 : Laura Chinchilla Miranda takes possession of the presidency of Costa Rica and becomes the first female president of Costa Rica .
- May 9 : departmental and municipal elections in Uruguay .
- May 10 :
- In the Philippines held presidential elections ; the then senator Benigno Aquino III (son of the late former president Corazón Aquino ) won the victory according to official scrutiny. [ 61 ] [ 62 ]
- There is the largest percentage rise in the IBEX 35 , since its creation on January 14, 1992, with a rise of 14.43%, [ 63 ] driven by the measures taken by the European Union and the IMF to protect the euro . [ 64 ]
- May 11 : David Cameron takes over as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom . [ 65 ]
- May 12 : A plane from Johannesburg , South Africa crashes at the airport in Tripoli , Libya , killing one hundred and three people and saving only a ten-year-old boy. [ 66 ]
- May 14 : In Spain, Judge Baltasar Garzón is suspended as a precautionary measure in its functions by the General Council of the Judiciary , after the magistrate of the Supreme Court Luciano Varela agreed to open trial against Garzón for alleged malfeasance by the decision to declare itself competent to investigate the crimes of Franco's repression from its court of the National High Court . [ 67 ]
- May 16 : legislative elections are held in the Dominican Republic .
- May 20 : in the United States the creation of the first synthetic cell with artificial genes is announced . [ 68 ]
- May 22 : in India , crashes one airplane during the landing maneuver at the airport of Mangalore , passing away 158 people from its 166 occupants. [ 69 ]
- May 23 : in Ethiopia , parliamentary elections are held, with high participation and complaints of irregularities by the opposition; A victory is looming for Prime Minister Meles Zenawi , who would thus be reelected for a new term at the head of the government. [ 70 ] [ 71 ]
- May 25 : In Suriname, the former dictator and coup leader Desiré Bouterse , leader of a coalition of left and right parties, is elected president .
- May 26 : Mojensho Daro ( Pakistan ) records a record temperature of 53.5 ° C (128.3 ° F). [ 72 ]
- May 28 :
- In India, an attack by the Maoist communist guerrilla linked to the Naxalite Movement against a passenger train leaves at least 145 dead; the attack occurred in the Indian state of West Bengal . [ 73 ]
- In Pakistan, an attack by the terrorist group Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan against two mosques of the Muslim minority sect Ahmadi in the city of Lahore leaves at least 80 dead. [ 74 ]
- May 29 : in the Czech Republic the parliamentary elections that began the day before conclude; the results give victory to the center - right parties led by the Civic Democratic Party , led by Petr Nečas . [ 75 ] [ 76 ] it is celebrated the 55 edition of the Festival Song Contest where Lena Meyer-Landrut of Germany stands in victory with 246 points.
- May 30 :
- In Colombia held presidential elections ; the official candidate Juan Manuel Santos obtains the first place, with a majority superior to the one predicted by the polls, but by a narrow margin he does not obtain an absolute majority so a second round must be held. [ 77 ]
- Ivan Basso is proclaimed champion of the Giro d'Italia , finished in Verona , completing the podium David Arroyo and Vincenzo Nibali .
- May 31 :
- In international waters near the Gaza Strip , Israeli military forces attack a convoy of boats of pro-Palestinian activists transporting humanitarian aid to that Palestinian territory controlled by the Hamas group ; At least 9 activists are killed in the attack by Israeli soldiers who alleged they were being attacked by the activists at risk to their lives, while the international community condemned the massacre. [ 78 ]
- In Germany, President Horst Köhler resigns due to controversy over his public statements about Germany's role in the conflict in Afghanistan . [ 79 ]
- June 1 : Tropical Storm Agatha causes serious damage in Guatemala , Honduras and El Salvador, killing at least 179 people. [ 80 ]
- June 2 : Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama resigns in Japan due to the collapse of his popularity in polls and pressure from his party. [ 81 ]
- June 7 : in Bhopal ( India ), a court sentenced eight executives of the American company Union Carbide to two years in prison and to pay about 10,600 US dollars for their respective responsibilities in the Bhopal Disaster (an escape of methyl isocyanate gas in a pesticide factory of that company, which caused the death of more than 20,000 people. The company had not responded for the damages caused).
- June 9 : in the Netherlands parliamentary elections are held; the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy ( center - right liberal ) led by Mark Rutte wins first place with a very narrow difference in votes and an advantage of a single deputy over the Labor Party ( social democratic ), while the Llamada party Current Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende's Christian Democrat sinks to a fourth place. Due to how far any party is from an absolute majorityLong negotiations are expected to form a government and elect a new prime minister. [ 82 ] [ 83 ]
- June 11 : Inauguration of the 19th edition of the 2010 Soccer World Cup for the first time on the African continent in South Africa . [ 84 ]
- June 12 : Parliamentary elections are held in Slovakia ; The governing party Directorate-Social Democracy obtains first place, but far from the absolute majority and also the parties that are its partners in the government collapse, making the re-election of Prime Minister Robert Fico difficult and opening the possibility of a center-right government headed by Iveta Radičová . [ 85 ] [ 86 ] [ 87 ]
- June 13 :
- In Belgium parliamentary elections are held; the Flemish nationalist party Nueva Alianza Flamenca wins the victory in the Flanders region and the first place at the national level, while in Wallonia the Walloon Socialist Party wins (second place at the national level). These results are considered historic because the victory of the Flemish independentists could lead the next process of constitutional reform towards the independence of Flanders and the disappearance of Belgium as a country. Meanwhile, months are expected to pass before the government can form. [ 88 ] [ 89 ]
- In Kyrgyzstan thousands of people from the Uzbek minority cross the border with Uzbekistan fleeing the bloody inter-ethnic clashes between Kyrgyz and Uzbeks in the south of the country that have left at least 97 dead and threaten to unleash a civil war; meanwhile, the provisional government accuses the former president who was ousted a few months ago, Kurmanbek Bakyiev , of being behind the wave of racial violence. [ 90 ]
- June 18 : in Kyrgyzstan , the United Nations estimated at one million people affected by ethnic violence between Kyrgyz and Uzbeks, as the provisional president of the country Roza Otunbayeva acknowledged that might be 2000 killed in the conflict. [ 91 ] [ 92 ]
- June 20 :
- In Poland they held presidential elections , but a runoff is necessary because the winning candidate in the first round, Bronislaw Komorowski , did not reach the absolute majority . [ 95 ]
- 25 to June 27 : in Canada two international summits, both in the province held Ontario : the 36th Summit of the G8 in the region of Muskoka (25 and 26 June), and the fourth summit of the G20 in Toronto ( 26 and 27 June) [ 96 ]
- July 1 :
- July 4 :
- in Poland the second round of presidential elections is held ; the liberal of center - Bronisław Komorowski gets the win with a tight margin than expected. [ 99 ]
- The program Más Roberto is premiered on Telesistema 11 , hosted by the Dominican communicator, actor and producer Roberto Ángel Salcedo , being the spiritual successor of the old variety space 9X9 Roberto .
- July 9 : in Pakistan the terrorist group Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan commits the bloodiest attack in the country since last year when members of a commando detonate one or more bombs in the middle of a market near a government building in the district from Mohmand , in the troubled Federally Administered Tribal Areas region , near the city of Peshawar ; there were at least 102 deaths. [ 100 ] [ 101 ]
- July 10 :
- July 11 :
- In Uganda, at least 74 people are killed in two bombings in the capital city of Kampala , while watching the final of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa ; The attacks were carried out by the Somali terrorist group Al-Shabbaab , an Islamist organization linked to Al Qaeda , which thus took revenge on Uganda for the participation of its military forces in the African multinational force that helps the Somali government in its fight against Al -Shabbaab and other insurgent groups. [ 102 ]
- Total solar eclipse visible in the South Pacific Ocean and part of South America.
- The 2010 Soccer World Cup ends in Johannesburg (South Africa) and Spain is the world champion for the first time on African soil by beating the Netherlands 0-1 in overtime with a goal from Andrés Iniesta .
- July 23 : Creation of the band One Direction formed by Harry Styles , Zayn Malik , Louis Tomlinson , Liam Payne and Niall Horan .
- July 24 : A stampede at the Love Parade leaves at least 19 dead and more than 100 injured. [ 103 ]
- July 25 : Alberto Contador is proclaimed champion of the Tour de France , which ended on the Champs Elysees , although he was finally disqualified and the award was given to Andy Schleck .
- July 28 :
- July 29 : In Guadalajara , Jalisco , the Omnilife Stadium is inaugurated .
- August 5 : A mine collapses near the city of Copiapó , Atacama , Chile , trapping thirty-three miners at a depth of seven hundred meters. [ 104 ]
- August 7 : Colombia : the newly elected president Juan Manuel Santos takes office .
- August 8 : The variety program Here we speak Spanish, hosted by the Venezuelan communicator Daniel Sarcos , premieres on Color Vision , for 2012 the program was moved to Antena Latina .
- August 12 :
- An earthquake of magnitude 7.2 is registered in eastern Ecuador . Because the depth was 235 km , there was no disaster in the country. There was 1 injury and minor damage. It was felt in most of the country, Colombia and part of Peru . [ 105 ]
- In Suriname, the former dictator and coup leader Dési Bouterse assumes the presidency.
- August 14 : The I 2010 Youth Olympic Games begin , held in Singapore
- August 19 : The United States withdraws , two weeks ahead of schedule, most of its combat troops from Iraq in what is considered the end of the war ; With the next withdrawal of the remnant, only about 50,000 troops will be left to help train Iraqi forces. [ 106 ] [ 107 ] [ 108 ]
- 21 of August : in Australia parliamentary elections are celebrated; neither the ruling Australian Labor Party (Social Democratic) nor the opposition coalition formed by the Liberal Party of Australia and the National Party of Australia (center-right) achieved an absolute majority . Labor would later succeed in forming a minority government with the support of independent deputies. [ 109 ] [ 110 ] [ 111 ]
- August 23 : Mexican Ximena Navarrete winner of the 2010 Miss Universe pageant .
- August 26 : The 2010 I Youth Olympic Games ends , China obtained the first place in the medal table with 30 gold, 16 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- August 30 : Hurricane Earl hits the Leeward Islands . [ 112 ]
- August 31 : The United States withdraws its last combat troops from Iraq and officially ends its combat mission in the war in that country; However, fifty thousand US military personnel will remain on intelligence missions and logistical support and training for the Iraqi security forces. [ 113 ] [ 114 ]
- September 4 : In Santiago , after a long remodeling, the first stage of the Gabriela Mistral Cultural Center (GAM for short) is inaugurated , which occupies the premises of the old Diego Portales Building, affected by a fire on March 5, 2006 and from where it was projected its reconstruction. A second stage of the project remains pending and it would be built in the second half of 2015 (after several postponements).
- September 5 : the terrorist organization ETA announces in a statement to the British television channel BBC through a video, a cessation of "offensive armed actions".
- September 7 : the third centenary of the Albacete Fair begins.
- September 12 : in Santiago , Chile , after a remodeling, the old National Stadium of Chile is reopened , and it is renamed the Julio Martínez Prádanos National Stadium of Chile in honor of Julio Martínez Prádanos .
- September 17 : Hurricane Karl impacted the eastern coast of Mexico.
- 18 of September : in Afghanistan parliamentary elections are celebrated; overshadowed by the low turnout of the electorate, reports of electoral fraud throughout the country and terrorist attacks by the Taliban movement that sought to sabotage the electoral process and that left at least 14 dead. [ 115 ]
- September 19 :
- In Sweden parliamentary elections are held; the center-right coalition in power led by Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt wins, but narrowly misses an absolute majority . The opposition Swedish Social Democratic Party suffers one of the worst results in its history and the far-right Swedish Democrats party experiences a strong advance that allows it to enter Parliament with a large representation and become an arbiter of the country's political situation. [ 117 ] [ 118 ] [ 119 ]
- Vincenzo Nibali is proclaimed champion of the Tour of Spain , which ended in Madrid , after a dispute with Ezequiel Mosquera until the last day .
- September 23 : Colombia : members of the Army and the Police dismiss " Mono Jojoy ", leader of the FARC . (See Operation Sodom ).
- September 24 : Bicentennial of the First Meeting of the Spanish General Courts in San Fernando ( Cádiz ), in charge of writing the Spanish Constitution of 1812 . [ 120 ]
- September 26 : parliamentary elections in Venezuela to elect deputies to the National Assembly . [ 121 ]
- September 29 : in Spain a day of general strike takes place called by the two main trade union centrals , Comisiones Obreras and Unión General de Trabajadores . [ 122 ] [ 123 ]
- September 30 : 2010 Ecuador political crisis
- October 3 : The first extrasolar planet with habitable conditions, Gliese 581 c, located 20 light years from Earth, is made public.
- October 4 : Cunard Line's MS Queen Elizabeth was launched .
- October 10 : The Sci Fi Channel closes its broadcasts in Latin America.
- Is dissolved the Netherlands Antilles . [ 124 ]
- The children's series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic created by Lauren Faust is premiered on the Hub Network channel (known as Discovery Kids in Latin America ) , which will create an internet movement and will attract many young and adult fans, self-styled bronies . [ 125 ]
- October 12 : Start of the maiden voyage of the MS Queen Elizabeth .
- October 13 : The rescue of the thirty-three miners trapped, for sixty-nine days, in the San José Mine in Chile, ends successfully . [ 126 ]
- October 15 : the president of the Spanish government José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero reaches a parliamentary pact with the PNV and with the Canary Islands Coalition for the rest of the legislature. [ 127 ]
- October 20 : the militant Mariano Ferreyra is assassinated in a demonstration of railway workers.
- October 21 : the new government appointed by José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero takes office in Spain , in which Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba assumes the vice-presidency. [ 128 ]
- October 22 : WikiLeaks reveals reports of crimes and misdemeanors committed by the United States Armed Forces in the Iraq War .
- October 27 : In Argentina , former Argentine President Néstor Kirchner dies .
- November 1 : the young Colombian Luis Andrés Colmenares appears dead, which starts the Colmenares Case .
- November 7 : Venezuelan Elizabeth Mosquera is crowned Miss International 2010 , awarding the sixth crown to Venezuela in said contest.
- November 14 : Sebastian Vettel , becomes the youngest driver to obtain the title of Formula 1 World Champion after achieving victory in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- November 18 : Popular Dominican communicator, comedian and producer Freddy Beras Goico dies in New York City of stomach cancer.
- November 22 :
- November 29 on December 10 : [ 129 ] XVI Conference on Climate Change , also known as 16th Climate Summit or COP 16 (16th Conference of the Parties to the Framework Convention of the United Nations on Climate Change ), which also serves as the 6th Conference of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol .
- December 2 : FIFA announces the venues for the 2018 Soccer World Cup , choosing Russia and the 2022 Soccer World Cup, designating Qatar .
- 3 to 4 December : it takes place Teleton Mexico , in which 446 million pesos were collected in places for children with disabilities.
- December 4 :
- In Spain the government declares a state of alarm over the abandonment of their jobs by air traffic controllers . [ 130 ] [ 131 ] [ 132 ]
- Brazil recognizes Palestinian state on its borders of 1967. [ 133 ]
- Scientists NASA discovered a bacterium capable of synthesizing arsenic , a chemical element that was believed to be poisonous to all life. [ 134 ]
- December 5 : an avalanche in Bello buried 82 people in a commune and left 225 people affected by the winter in the region.
- December 10 : in Liubertsi , 20 km from Moscow ( Russia ), amateur astronomer Leonid Yelenin discovers comet C / 2010 X1, which will be called Comet Elenin .
- December 16 : the House of Representatives US approves repeal of the law ' do not ask, do not tell ' [ 135 ]
- December 17 :
- Montenegro is accepted as a candidate for membership in the European Union .
- In Tunisia, the Tunisian Revolution began , when the young Mohamed Bouazizi was burned like a bonze as a protest, causing a series of strong protests throughout the country to begin in later days. The movement would also be the fuse for the Arab world to initiate a series of protests in 2011 .
- December 20 : Europe faces a cold and snowy storm. Britain is cut off from air traffic. [ 136 ]
- December 25 : There are separate earthquakes in Vanuatu , of magnitude 7.5, [ 137 ] and in Puerto Rico , of magnitude 5.4, both without causing casualties.
- December 26 : in Bolivia, with the approval of a decree promulgated by the government of Evo Morales, there is a leveling off in the price of fuel in Bolivia, with strong demands arising from the population.
- December 31 : Lula Da Silva says goodbye to the presidency of Brazil .
No specific date
- May 20 : Cosima Windsor , the daughter of the Earl and Countess of Ulster .
- May 28 : Alfonso de Borbón y Vargas and Luis de Borbón y Vargas , French princes, male children of Luis Alfonso de Borbón .
- December 29 : Savannah Phillips , the first daughter of Peter Phillips , the Queen of England's eldest grandson, and Autumn Patricia Kelly .
Art and literature
- Winner : Cat Brawl. Madrid, 1936 of Eduardo Mendoza . [ 140 ]
Other Voices, Other Areas Award
Science and Technology
- April 2 : in Spain , [ 143 ] within the national plan for the transition to Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) the analogue blackout occurred . [ 144 ]
- June 14 : the Japanese space probe Hayabusa , after a seven-year journey, lands in Woomera ( Australia ), having collected soil samples from the asteroid Itokawa in November 2005 . [ 145 ]
- End of the space shuttle program .
- February 23 : Launch of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing .
- March 1 : Launch of Mega Man 10 .
- March 1 : Launch of the online virtual world Mundo Gaturro .
- March 18 : God of War III launch
- April 21 : Fruit Ninja Launch
- April 29 : Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker released
- May 23 : Super Mario Galaxy 2 is released in the United States, [ 146 ] in other countries it is released at a later date. [ 147 ]
- July 22 : Outfit7 launches Talking Tom for the first time .
- September 14 : Microsoft in association with Bungie release Halo Reach for the Xbox 360, the last game to be developed for the series.
- September 28 : Last Window: The Secret of Cape West launched
- October 7 : Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 released
- October 19 : Fallout New Vegas Launch By Obsidian Entertainment and Bethesda Softworks
- November 16 : launch of Sonic Colors .
- November 21 : Donkey Kong Country Returns Launch
- November 25 : Mario Sports Mix launches in Japan .
- Konami publishes DanceDanceRevolution X2 , which would be the 12th arcade release.
- Red Dead Redemption de Rockstar Games
- Vancouver Olympics from the 12 to the 28 February .
- I Youth Olympic Games Summer of the 14 to the 26 August in Singapore .
- IX South American Sports Games of the March 19 on March 30 in Medellin , Colombia .
- IX Central American Sports Games from April 9 to 19 at venues in Panama and El Salvador .
- XXI Central American and Caribbean Games from July 18 to August 1 in Mayagüez , Puerto Rico .
- XVI Asian Games from November 12 to 27 in Guangzhou , China . [ 148 ]
- Formula 1 : of the 14 March on 14 November .
- World Rally Championship : February 12 to November 14.
- Dakar Rally : from January 1 to 17 . Cyril Despres (motorcycles); Carlos Sainz (cars); [ 151 ] Vladimir Chagin (trucks); Marcos Patronelli (ATVs).
- EuroLeague : from the 7 to the 9 May in Paris : FC Barcelona is proclaimed champion for the second time. [ 153 ]
- National Basketball League : Cañeros de La Romana proclaimed themselves champions by defeating the Puerto Plata Sharks 4-1.
- Return to Spain : Vincenzo Nibali
- Tour of Francia : Alberto counter
- Tour of Italy : Ivan Basso . [ 154 ]
- May 23 : All Boys return to the First Division of Argentina , after 30 years, defeating Rosario Central in the promotion . [ 155 ]
Championships by teams
- African Cup of Nations : from January 10 to 31 in Angola . Egypt gets the title by beating Ghana powder 1 0. [ 156 ]
- World Cup : in the June 11 on July 11 in South Africa . Spain gets the title by winning the final , overtime included, at Netherlands 1 to 0. [ 157 ]
- U-20 Soccer Women's World Cup : From July 13 to August 1 in Germany . Germany get the title by beating in the final a Nigeria by 2 to 0. [ 158 ]
- Spain :
World Motorcycle Championship
European Motorcycle Championship
- Australia Open 2010 : of the 18 to the 31 January . Roger Federer ( men ) [ 168 ] and Serena Williams ( women ). [ 169 ]
- Roland Garros : from May 23 to June 6 . Rafael Nadal ( men ) [ 170 ] and Francesca Schiavone ( mujeres ). [ 171 ]
- December 12 : the Ecuadorian channel RTS celebrates its 50th anniversary of broadcasting for Ecuador .
- December 18 : Channel 8 (currently Telefe Mar del Plata ) celebrates 50 years of broadcasting for Mar del Plata .
- Fisica : Andre Geim y Konstantin Novoselov . [ 173 ]
- Quimica : Richard Heck , Ei-Ichi Negishi Y Akira Suzuki . [ 174 ]
- Medicina: Robert Edwards.
- Literature : Mario Vargas Llosa . [ 176 ]
- Paz: Liu Xiaobo.
- Economics : Peter A. Diamond , Dale Mortensen, and Christopher A. Pissarides . [ 178 ]
Prince of Asturias Awards
- Arts : Richard Serra . [ 179 ]
- Social Sciences : archaeological team that discovered the Terracotta Warriors . [ 180 ]
- Communication and Humanities : Zygmunt Bauman and Alain Touraine . [ 181 ]
- Concordia : United Hands . [ 182 ]
- International Cooperation : National Transplantation Organization (ONT) and The Transplantation Society (TTS). [ 183 ]
- Sports : Spanish soccer team . [ 184 ]
- Scientific and Technical Research : David Julius , Linda R. Watkins and Baruch Minke . [ 185 ]
- Letras : Amin Maalouf . [ 186 ]
Xavier Villaurrutia Award
Commemorations and parties
- December 14 : Fiftieth Anniversary of the Declaration on the Granting of Independence to Colonial Countries and Peoples [ 188 ]
- Decree declaring 2010 as the Year of the Bicentennial of Independence and the Centennial of the beginning of the Mexican Revolution
- Declaration of the International Year of Biological Diversity
- Declaration of the International Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures
- Website of the bicentennial that runs from May 25, 2010 to July 9, 2016 Archived July 24, 2013 at the Wayback Machine .
- 2010: Year 52 of the Revolution
- «Website of the commemorative activities that are in execution for the Bicentennial of Colombia» . Archived from the original on December 1, 2008 . Retrieved January 28, 2009 .
- Website of the commemorative activities that are being carried out and planned for the Bicentennial of Chile Archived September 7, 2010 at the Wayback Machine .
- IMO council declares 2010 as "Year of the Seafarer" Archived 20 November 2009 at the Wayback Machine . (in English).
- Spain launches the new EU under the specter of the crisis
- Dubai inaugurates the tallest skyscraper in the world
- A 7 magnitude earthquake devastates Haiti
- Barack Obama and Bill Clinton speak out on catastrophe in Haiti Archived January 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine .
- The longest annular solar eclipse of the century in Southeast Asia
- Eleven slightly injured in a 5.4 Richter earthquake in eastern Venezuela
- Impres (official body)
- Tremor with epicenter in Tucumán felt in Córdoba and Santiago del Estero Archived May 22, 2010 at the Wayback Machine . Chain 3 Argentina
- The Venezuelan Government decides not to renew the license of the cable channel RCTV
- "El Sucre comes into effect on January 27" . Archived from the original on March 27, 2010 . Retrieved February 5, 2010 .
- Venezuela and Cuba: first operation with virtual currency
- «From today there will be two police forces in the city of Buenos Aires» . Archived from the original on September 25, 2019 . Retrieved March 10, 2010 .
- Official page of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal of Costa Rica
- Latin America faces the US
- "An 8.8-degree earthquake shakes Chile . " Public . February 27, 2010.
- An expert ensures that the two earthquakes "have no relationship" Diario Clarín. Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- José Mujica assumes the presidency of Uruguay and bets on social spending
- Antofagasta Region: 6.4 degree tremor Archived 2010-03-09 at the Wayback Machine . La Nación Consulted April 12, 2010.
- Participation in Iraqi elections reaches 62%, in El País de España.
- EFE (March 8, 2010). "At least 41 dead in eastern Turkey from a 6-magnitude earthquake . " Last Hour .
- Kathryn Bigelow is the first best director of the Academy Archived September 17, 2011 at the Wayback Machine .. CNN México.com. Retrieved April 28, 2011.
- Chancellor informed the Senate about the Chilean position before The Hague
- A series of strong aftershocks shakes Chile during Piñera's inauguration
- Uribe's party wins the legislative elections with 64% of the votes counted
- «Total Blackout in the SIC» . Central Interconnected System , Press Release 1 (11:06 pm, 03/14/10) . March 14, 2010. Archived from the original on March 28, 2010 . Retrieved March 15, 2010 .
- Chile regains power after four hours of blackout
- Tight victory in the Iraq elections for the coalition of the opposition Alawi, in El Mundo de España.
- «Al Maliki assures that he will contest the results of the elections, in Larioja.com» . Archived from the original on September 13, 2014 . Retrieved April 13, 2010 .
- Planet shuts down due to climate change Archived March 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine .
- Two suicide bombings in the Moscow metro leave at least 38 dead
- Brazil: At least 200 people buried by mudslide , La Tercera, April 8, 2010, archived from the original on April 6, 2014 .
- The opposition of Kyrgyzstan takes power and announces that it forms an interim government, in El Mundo de España.
- "The United States and Russia bury the Cold War with an ambitious and historic nuclear pact" , article of April 8, 2010 in the newspaper El Mundo (Madrid).
- All passengers die in a plane crash
- Hungary punishes the socialists and gives a resounding victory to the right, in El Mundo de España.
- A 7.1 earthquake kills 589 in China
- The ashes of an Icelandic volcano paralyze the air traffic of northern Europe Accessed April 18, 2010.
- "North Cyprus: Eroglu won the elections, in adnmundo.co" . Archived from the original on April 22, 2010 . Retrieved April 25, 2010 .
- Fischer, reelected as president of Austria after a landslide victory, in El Mundo de España.
- Hungary strongly bets on the conservatives and sinks the socialists, in El Mundo de España.
- Castro and Fariñas vote remotely, in El Mundo de España.
- former Panamanian dictator Manuel Antonio Noriega is extradited to France, in El Mundo de España.
- United States extradites former Panamanian dictator Noriega to France to serve a sentence for money laundering, in rtve.es
- Shanghai shows the megalomaniac side of China
- Shanghai Expo: the world, in pavilions
- Germany imposes its opinion: aid to Greece will also depend on the IMF
- The Greek crisis overwhelms Europe
- The eurozone will contribute 80,000 of the 110,000 million euros of the rescue of Greece
- The Greek crisis worsens with three deaths during the general strike The Economist. Retrieved May 9, 2010.
- Electoral Results, in the BBC (in English).
- Conservatives and liberals negotiate to form a coalition government, in El Mundo de España.
- Benigno Aquino III fondles the victory in the presidential elections of the Philippines, in El Mundo de España.
- Website of the official counting system of the Philippine Congress.
- The Ibex closes with the highest rise in its history: 14.43%
- A shield against speculating "wolves"
- David Cameron, new British Prime Minister thanks to a pact with the Liberals, in El Mundo de España.
- Libyan plane crashes in Tripoli
- The Council of the Judicial Power suspends Judge Garzón for investigating the Franco regime , 20 minutes , May 14, 2010, consulted the same day.
- First cell with synthetic genes, almost artificial life
- Eight survivors and 158 killed in a plane crash in India
- Complaints of irregularities and high turnout in the Ethiopian elections, in El Mundo de España.
- Ethiopia confirms victory of the ruling party, in Terra.com Mexico.
- "Hottest air temperatures reported on Earth" , article by Christopher C. Burt, October 22, 2010.
- 145 dead in the attack on the Bengal train, in La Vanguardia.
- The Taliban claim the double attack that has caused 80 deaths in Pakistan, in El Mundo de España.
- Center-right parties prevail in the elections of the Czech Republic, in El Mundo de España.
- Official results of the 2010 parliamentary elections on the website of the Czech Statistical Office.
- Elections 2010, in El Tiempo de Colombia.
- Israel kills at least 9 people when attacking ships with humanitarian aid, in El Mundo de España.
- The German president resigns after his controversial statements about the mission in Afghanistan, in El Mundo de España.
- Storm Agatha kills 179 people
- The Prime Minister of Japan resigns, in El País de España.
- Holland chooses a fragile government and elevates the ultra and Islamophobic Geert Wilders, in El Mundo de España.
- Final official results of the 2010 parliamentary elections on the website of the Dutch Electoral Council.
- Officially Inaugurated Soccer World Cup 2010, in the Correo del Orinoco.
- The polls give the Social Democrats as winners in Slovakia, in El Mundo de España.
- The center-right can unseat the Social Democratic Government of Slovakia, in El Mundo de España.
- Official results of the 2010 parliamentary elections on the website of the Slovak Statistical Office.
- Uncertainty in Belgium after the victory of the Flemish independentists, in El Mundo de España.
- The independence movement turns Belgium upside down, in El País de España.
- Thousands of people cross to Uzbekistan to flee the violence of Kyrgyzstan, in El Mundo de España.
- The UN: violence in Kyrgyzstan affects a million people, in El Mundo de España.
- The UN asks for 71 million dollars for the victims of Kyrgyzstan, in El Mundo de España.
- Juan Manuel Santos, the most voted president in the history of Colombia, in El Mundo de España.
- Polls were right this time, they gave Santos between 60 and 66.5 of the intention to vote, in El Tiempo de Colombia. Archived 2012-01-11 at the Wayback Machine .
- The first results reduce the margin of Komorowski over Kaczynski, in El Mundo de España.
- Radio Canada, December 8, 2009.
- Belgium takes over from Spain at the head of the European Union
- The death toll in the Lahore mosque rises to 43, in Europa Press.
- Komorowski, between liberal commitments and fierce opposition from the right, in El Mundo de España.
- Attack in Pakistan leaves 102 dead, on GLOBOVISION.com
- Deaths by bomb attack in Pakistan rise to 102, in Yahoo en Español Noticias.
- Al Shabaab claims the attack with 74 victims in the Ugandan capital, in El Mundo de España.
- Stampede at German Love Parade festival kills 19 BBC News , July 25, 2010. Accessed July 25, 2010.
- Onemi confirms 33 miners trapped in deposit in Atacama Archived January 2, 2011, at the Wayback Machine .
- An injured person and slight damages leave the earthquake in Ecuador.
- The last combat brigade of the United States leaves Iraq, in El Mundo de España.
- Damon, Arwa (August 19, 2010). Last US combat convoy has left Iraq . CNN (in English) . Retrieved February 7, 2019 .
- "The last US combat brigade leaves Iraq, in Washington DC Hello City !." . Archived from the original on May 12, 2012 . Retrieved September 1, 2010 .
- The elections leave the next government of Australia in limbo, in El Mundo de España.
- Labor and Conservative leaders from Australia court the three independent deputies, in EFE Agency hosted on Google News.
- The Labor Party of Australia will govern in minority, in the Country of Spain.
- FEMA urges everyone to prepare for Earl's step on PrimeraHora.com.
- US puts an end to combat missions in Iraq despite instability in the country, in El Mundo de España.
- Silverleib, Alan (September 1, 2010). "US combat mission in Iraq ends" . CNN (in English) . Retrieved February 7, 2019 .
- The elections in Afghanistan register a participation of 40%, in El Mundo de España.
- The Swedish Government loses the absolute majority due to the advance of the extreme right, in El Mundo de España.
- The success of the ultra-rightists shakes Sweden, in La Vanguardia de España.
- Political earthquake in Sweden after far-right entry into Parliament, by AFP hosted on Google News.
- "Bicentennial of the Courts of San Fernando" . Archived from the original on September 3, 2011 . Retrieved October 19, 2010 .
- Venezuela: Parliamentary elections to be held on September 26, 2010 Archived January 19, 2010 at the Wayback Machine .
- The demonstrations close an unequal strike day
- "Uneven follow-up" and "moderate effect" of the strike, according to the Government
- The end of the Netherlands Antilles Filed on October 16, 2010 at the Wayback Machine .
- The rescue of the 33 miners trapped in the San José mine in Chile
- "Zapatero closes with the PNV and CC a pact for the rest of the legislature" . The country. October 16, 2010.
- "Zapatero is entrusted to Rubalcaba to rescue the Government and the PSOE" . The country. October 22, 2010.
- COP 15 decision with dates and venues for future sessions (draft in English)
- The Government decrees the state of alarm
- The Government declares the state of alarm and mobilizes the controllers
- The Government declares the state of alarm
- News Wikinews
- News Wikinews
- Ana María Matute, Cervantes award
- Clara Sánchez receives the award for 'What hides your name'
- «Eduardo Mendoza lands on the Planet» . Archived from the original on July 5, 2014 . Retrieved October 16, 2010 .
- Carmen Amoraga, finalist for the Planet after being a finalist for Nadal
- On April 2, the analog television signal is permanently turned off
- Royal Decree 944/2005, of July 29, approving the National Technical Plan for digital terrestrial television
- A space probe returns to Earth after landing on an asteroid
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 launches May 23 in the United States
- The king returns to regain his throne
- "Asian Games" (in English) . Olympic Council of Asia. 2010. Archived from the original on November 22, 2010 . Retrieved November 16, 2010 .
- Vettel: "I wanted to make sure not to get distracted"
- Red Bull clinches first F1 title in season six
- Carlos Sainz savors his first Dakar
- "2010 Basketball World Cup Turkey" . Archived from the original on September 2, 2010 . Retrieved October 9, 2010 .
- A Barça of ecstasy
- Italian rider Ivan Basso wins the Giro after his two-year sentence
- All Boys and the glory of the comeback
- Egypt wins its seventh African Cup of Nations
- Spain, world champion
- Germany again (2-0) Archived August 5, 2010 at the Wayback Machine .
- Inter Milan are proclaimed champion of the Champions League
- Atlético de Madrid is once again great in Europe
- Argentinos Juniors, champion of the Clausura 2010 Prensa Latina
- «Students, the best of all» . Archived from the original on May 12, 2013 . Retrieved December 15, 2010 .
- Barcelona, League champion
- Sevilla defeats Atlético and is proclaimed champion of the Cup
- Toluca is champion of the 2010 Bicentennial tournament by beating Santos on penalties Univision Fútbol.com . Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- In the Pines they already think of Rayados Archived December 23, 2010 at the Wayback Machine . Millennium Diary . Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- New Orleans takes the Super Bowl
- Federer wins his fourth title in Melbourne
- Serena Williams reigns in Australia again
- Nadal regains number 1 and wins his fifth Roland Garros
- Schiavone wins the women's final at Roland Garros
- Mexico will host the World Cup fair from March 3 to 9, which comes to America for the first time
- Nobel Prize in Physics for the discoverers of the 'material of the future'
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry for advances in carbon reactions
- Nobel for the 'father' of four million children Archived October 7, 2010 at the Wayback Machine .
- Mario Vargas Llosa wins the 2010 Nobel Prize in Literature
- Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo, 2010 Nobel Peace Prize winner
- Peter Diamond, Dale Mortensen and Christopher Pissarides win the Nobel Prize in Economics
- Sculptor Richard Serra, Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts
- The archaeological team of the Warriors of Xian, Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences
- The sociologists Touraine and Bauman, Prince of Asturias of Communication and Humanities
- Manos Unidas wins the Prince of Asturias Award for Concord
- The Spanish transplant organization, Prince of Asturias Award
- La Roja, from world champion to Prince of Asturias of Sports
- A Prince of Asturias fighting pain Archived June 3, 2010 at the Wayback Machine .
- Lebanese writer Amin Maalouf, Prince of Asturias of Letters
- The Goncourt Awards is the highest French literary award that is convened annually. The Power of the Word . Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Fiftieth anniversary of the Declaration on the granting of independence to colonial countries and peoples