2. Flakscheinwerfer-Division - 2. Flakscheinwerfer-Division
|active||August 10, 1941 to July 31, 1942|
|Branch of service||Anti-aircraft forces|
The 2. Flak searchlight division , also 2. Flak headlight division and Flak headlight division 2 , was a large unit of the ground troops of the German air force in the Second World War . The object of the division was the formation of flak - Searchlight for air defense in northern Germany .
It was under the command of Colonel Heino von Rantzau .  The division was in Arnhem . The division was responsible for the operational management of the anti - aircraft searchlight associations along Schleswig-Holstein , north of the Danish border to Heide as part of the Helle Nachtjagd . The subordination took place under the XII. Fliegerkorps , the former 1st Night Hunting Division.
In July 1942, the division was disbanded due to the changing German combat tactics towards the dark night hunt and the combat units were integrated into the recently newly established 2nd Night Hunting Division under Lieutenant General Walter Schwabedissen .  
- Anti-aircraft searchlight regiment 5
- Flak Headlight Regiment 6
- Flak Headlight Regiment 7
- Flak Headlight Regiment 8
- Luftnachricht-Regiment 203
- Samuel W. Mitcham: German Order of Battle: 291st-999th Infantry divisions, named infantry divisions, and special divisions in World War II. Stackpole Books, 2007, ISBN 978-0-8117-3437-0, S. 325 ( limited preview in Google Book Search).
- Peter Schmitz: The German Divisions, 1939–1945: Army, land-based navy, air force, Waffen-SS . Biblio-Verlag, 1993, ISBN 3-7648-2421-2 , p. 151 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Samuel W. Mitcham: German Order of Battle: 291st-999th Infantry divisions, named infantry divisions, and special divisions in World War II. Stackpole Books, 2007, ISBN 978-0-8117-3437-0, S. 326 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Georg Tessin: Associations and troops of the German Wehrmacht and Waffen SS in the Second World War 1939–1945: Bd. The land forces 1-5 . Mittler, 1965, p. 138 ( limited preview in Google Book search).