The 2 hours of Buenos Aires del Turismo Carretera was a special speed motorsport competition developed by the aforementioned category, during the ' 90s . It was a special competition organized by the Road Tourism Corridors Association , consisting of a crew race made up of two pilots (one owner and one guest), agreed to last two hours. The format was a relay race, with each pilot having to complete a certain number of laps each in order to be qualified.
This competition had a total of four editions, having been inaugurated in 1993 and had its last edition in 1996 . The format and style of development of this competition also served as a precedent for ACTC for the future development of other competitions with similar characteristics. During the development of this competition, there were situations such as the debut of foreign pilots, the reappearance of a woman at the wheel of a Turismo Carretera and in turn, served to promote the debut of future figures in the category and the first triumph of some of they. All editions of this competition were held at circuit No. 12 of the Oscar Alfredo Gálvez Autodrome in the City of Buenos Aires .
Although the idea of organizing a relay competition within the TC had been considered in 1992 , at the initiative of the pilot Luis Delconte, finally in 1993 ACTC managed to specify the proposal, organizing a special relay competition of 2 hours duration in the circuit nº 12 of the Autodromo Oscar Alfredo Gálvez , habitual scene of the competitions organized by the TC in the City of Buenos Aires. The idea was complemented by the assembly of pairs made up of the usual pilots who had been participating in the season, known as "holders", accompanied by pilots invited by the latter. In this way, it took shape and was presented on September 19, 1993, the competition that was baptized as the 2 hours of Buenos Aires . As a main requirement for the participation of these pilots, a series of proficiency tests were arranged for which the applicants should not record times exceeding 2 minutes. In the case of competitors with antecedents in national categories, they participated directly in the competition.
Scenario of particular situations
As said at the beginning, this competition served as a special space for the TC debut of different drivers, many of whom continued their careers as starting drivers. At the same time, there were the peculiarities of the debuts of pilots invited from abroad and also, the case of the debut of a woman in the category, after more than two decades without female participants. Some of these situations are listed in the following list:
- In the 1993 edition, the debut of several drivers took place, with the presence of the American Dale Kreider , owner of the NASCAR Kreider Racing Enterprises team, which led to the debut of 6 Argentine drivers in this category at the beginning of 1993 . Kreider, was invited for this competition by the Argentine Jorge Oyhanart , with whom he shared the driving of a Ford Falcon . Other riders who also made their absolute debut in the category were Daniel Cingolani , Guillermo Maldonado , Miguel Ángel Etchegaray, Pedro Comito, Eduardo Garcia Blanco, Carlos Perini and Osvaldo Cao. Of all of them, only Cingolani and Etchegaray subsequently managed to finalize participation in the TC as starting drivers. [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
- In the 1994 edition the proficiency tests were repeated, which allowed a greater number of first-time pilots. In this edition there was the peculiarity of the debut with victory of a pilot, being in this case, one of those invited pilots. At the same time, this edition saw the debut of two pilots who, in the future, ended up marking the history of the TC for their sporting rivalry. They were Guillermo Ortelli (who in turn was the winner of the competition as guest Fabián Acuña ) and Omar Martínez (who participated as guest of José María Romero). [ 3 ] [ 4 ]Together with them, Fabian Hermoso, Nicolas Petrich, Fernando Cutini, Facundo Gil Bicella, Alejandro Spinella, Omar La Cortiglia, Hector Acuña and Mario Bortot also had their debut, among whom they took a proficiency test. While those who had national antecedents were Jorge Serafini , Anibal Zaniratto and Omar Bonomo . Of all of them, Hermoso, Cutini, Gil Bicella, Spinella, La Cortiglia, Bortot and Zaniratto later managed to develop careers as starting drivers. [ 5 ]
- In the 1995 edition, there was a situation whereby several pilots chose to join each other to share the costs of developing the competition, so that several of the usual starters were registered as "invited" pilots. [ 6 ] Even so, new proficiency tests were carried out that not only allowed the debut of invited pilots, but also a whole pair, as the tandem formed by Juan Machado and Luis Zuffo passed the exams. Along with them, the pilots Armando Ciancaglini, Daniel Dopazo, Juan Botto, Daniel Biondo, Carlos Bustos and Angel Tardivo also had their debut. Of all of them, Cinacaglini would later make his debut as a starting driver. [ 7 ]
- Finally, in the 1996 edition, there was the particularity of the entry of a woman as a guest pilot to this competition, when the debut of Marisa Panagópulo , an Argentine pilot with an outstanding career in the national arena, took place. This racer was invited by the pilot José Alejandro Larroudé, with whom they shared the driving of a Dodge Cherokee . [ 8 ] Another peculiarity that occurred in this competition was the triumphant baptism of the pilot Patricio Di Palma , who competing as Emilio Satriano's guest pilot , thus obtained his first victory in the history of the TC. [ 9 ] For this competition they also debutedLuis Belloso , Pablo Peón , Oscar Larrauri , Luis Soppelsa, José Luis Bessone, Hernán Bradás, José Scioli, Gustavo Der Ohanessian , Rogelio Mitri, Fabián Giustozzi and Daniel Muisse, the latter, as the starting driver. Of all these pilots, Belloso, Larrauri and Giustozzi later completed competitions as TC starters. [ 10 ]
- September 19 like today, but from ... Classic Irons - 09-19-2013
- 2 hrs. Buenos Aires 1993. History TC - 12-26-2008
- 20 YEARS AFTER ITS DEBUT IN TC. Guillermo Ortelli - 11-09-2014
- A September 11 like today, but of ... Classic Irons - 11-09-2013
- 2 hrs. Buenos Aires 1994. History TC - 12-26-2008
- September 10 like today, but from ... Classic Irons - 09-10-2013
- 2 hrs. Buenos Aires 1995. History TC - 05-16-2011
- The women of the TC. Carburando - 02-15-2018
- A September 8 like today, but from ... Classic Irons - 08-09-2013
- 2 hrs. Buenos Aires 1995. History TC - 01-16-2012
| Special Competition for Highway Tourism |
Successor: Rafaela 200 |
Predecessor: Rafaela 200 || Special Competition for Road Tourism |
Successor: Olavarría 500 |