|35th Mixed Brigade|
|Active||Dec 1936 - March 1939|
|Rama/s||Regular People's Army|
| Luis Barceló Jover |
|Wars and battles|
|Spanish Civil War|
The 35th Mixed Brigade was a unit of the People's Army of the Republic that operated during the Spanish Civil War . Throughout the contest he was present in the front of the Center, having an outstanding performance during the defensive battles of Madrid and Guadalajara. At the end of the war some of his forces took part in the so-called Casado coup .
The unit was created in December 1936 from a hodgepodge of militias and, especially, the Barceló Column. [ 1 ] The 35th BM was under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Luis Barceló Jover and integrated into the 8th Division of the I Army Corps , covering the Valdemorillo - Las Rozas sector .
Shortly after its creation, the 35th BM took part in the Second Battle of the La Coruña highway , [ 2 ] in which the brigade's command, Barceló Jover, caused casualties due to injuries, who would be replaced by the Italian brigade member. Nino Nanetti . At the beginning of 1937 the unit participated actively in the Third Battle of the La Coruña highway , [ 3 ] forming part of the republican system. [ 4 ] On January 3, 1937 he made a counterattack against the rebel offensive on the Las Rozas - Majadahonda line , and on the 10th he counterattacked onVillanueva del Pardillo . At the end of the fighting, on January 23, the brigade was integrated into the 10th Division .
On March 12, the 35th BM, now integrated into the 12th Division of the IV Army Corps and under the command of the militia major Liberino González , [ 5 ] rushed to the Guadalajara front with the mission of defend the sector that went from km 83 of the Soria highway to the town of Valdearenas . The Republican front in the area was seriously threatened by the offensive of the Italian Corpo Truppe Volontarie . The 35th WB later intervened in the republican counterattack, advancing on the left flank, on the towns of Valdearenas , Muduex ,Utande and Padilla de Hita .
In April Liberino González commanded the 12th Division, changing command of the brigade. During the rest of the war the unit did not intervene in important operations. In April 1938 the 35th WB became part of the 14th Division of the Army Group Central Region (GERC). Between January 7 and 15, 1939, like other republican units, it tried unsuccessfully to break the Madrid front in support of the republican forces in Catalonia and Extremadura.
When the Casado Coup d'etat took place at the beginning of March 1939, the brigade sent some companies to Madrid, in support of Colonel Casado's forces , managing to occupy the position of Manuel Becerra.
- Lieutenant Colonel Luis Barceló Jover ;
- Militia Major Nino Nanetti ;
- Militia Major Liberino González González ;
- Militia Major Félix Lucandi Aurrecoechea ;
- Militia Major Joaquín Martínez Sánchez ;
- Chiefs of Staff
- engineer captain Blas Santurde Garcimartín ;
- José Luis Alcofar Nassaes (1973). Spansky: foreigners who fought in the Spanish civil war , Dopesa, p. 296
- José Luis Alcofar Nassaes (1973). Spansky: foreigners who fought in the Spanish civil war , Dopesa, p. 307
- José Luis Alcofar Nassaes (1973). Spansky: foreigners who fought in the Spanish civil war , Dopesa, p. 311
- Hugh Thomas (1976). The Spanish Civil War . Barcelona: Grijalbo, pp. 539-540
- Joan Llarch (1976). Cipriano Mera: an anarchist in the Spanish war , Euros, p. 107
- Álvarez, 1989, p. 375.
- Álvarez, 1989, p. 182.
- Alpert, Michael (1989). The Republican Army in the Civil War , XXI Century of Spain, Madrid, ISBN 84-3230-682-2
- Álvarez , Santiago (1989). Political commissars in the People's Army of the Republic . Editions do Castro.
- Engel Masoliver, Carlos (1999). History of the Mixed Brigades of the People's Army of the Republic . Madrid, Almena. 84-922644-7-0 .
- Salas Larrazábal, Ramón (2000); History of the People's Army of the Republic . The Sphere of Books SL ISBN 84-9734-465-0