36th Division (People's Army of the Republic) - 36.ª División (Ejército Popular de la República)
|Active||May 1937-March 1939|
|Rama/s||Regular People's Army|
|Wars and battles|
|Spanish Civil War|
The unit was created in May 1937, [ 1 ] on the Extremadura Front. The division was assigned to the VII Army Corps , being located in front of the Tagus . [ 2 ] Subsequently, the division was made up of the 47th , 62nd , 104th and 113th brigades , covering the front that went from the Algodor River to Castilblanco . [ 3 ] During the following months, it did not intervene in relevant operations. At the beginning of 1938 he gave up two of his brigades - the 62ndand 104th - with which the «Extremadura» division was created . [ 4 ]
In July 1938 he took part in the fighting in the Merida Stock Exchange , during which he suffered a considerable loss. As of August 11, command was assumed by the militia major José Neira Jarabo . [ 1 ] By this time the 36th Division, made up of the 47th , 113th and 148th mixed brigades , became part of the VI Army Corps . [ 5 ]
- Lieutenant Colonel Antonio Bertomeu Bisquert ; [ 6 ]
- Lieutenant Colonel Francisco Gómez Palacios ; [ 7 ]
- militia major José Neira Jarabo ; [ 8 ]
- Francisco Gil Vallejo , from the PCE ; [ 9 ]
- Dionisio Martín Martínez , from the PCE; [ 10 ]
- Pedro Yáñez Jiménez , from the PSOE ; [ 1 ]
Order of battle
| || || || |
|May 1937||VII Army Corps||47.ª , 46.ª , 113.ª y 104.ª||Estremadura|
|December 1937||VII Army Corps||47.ª , 62.ª , 104.ª y 113.ª||Estremadura|
|March 1938||VII Army Corps||47.ª , 113.ª y 62.ª||Estremadura|
|April 30, 1938||VII Army Corps||21.ª , 47.ª y 113.ª||Estremadura|
|July 1938||VII Army Corps||47.ª , 113.ª y 114.ª||Estremadura|
|August 11, 1938||VI Army Corps||47.ª , 113.ª y 148.ª||Estremadura|
|December 1938||VI Army Corps||47.ª y 113.ª||Estremadura|
- Álvarez , Santiago (1989). Political commissars in the People's Army of the Republic . Editions do Castro.
- Engel , Carlos (1999). History of the Mixed Brigades of the People's Army of the Republic . Madrid: Almena. 84-922644-7-0 .
- Martínez Bande , José Manuel (1975). Arrival at the sea . Madrid: Editorial San Martín.
- -- (1981). The battle of Pozoblanco and the closure of the Merida stock market . Madrid: San Martín.
- Moreno Gómez , Francisco (1985). The Civil War in Córdoba (1936-1939) . Córdoba: Alpuerto.