3rd Lorraine Field Artillery Regiment No. 69 - 3. Lothringisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 69
The regiment was set up as field artillery regiment No. 69 in the course of the army increase with AKO on March 25, 1899. It was formed from the II. And III. Division of the Field Artillery Regiment No. 33 and was stationed in Sankt Avold . Together with Field Artillery Regiment No. 34 , it was subordinate to the 34th Field Artillery Brigade of the 34th Division .
On January 27, 1902, Kaiser Wilhelm II issued the army order that the associations, which had previously been run without a rural designation, were given an extension of their name in order to better differentiate them and to develop tradition. From this point onwards, the association was called the 3rd Lorraine Field Artillery Regiment No. 69. 
First World War
- Fort Longwy , the first French fortress to fall into German hands ( Battle of Longwy ) from August 22nd to 25th, 1914
- Battle of the Meuse crossings (Dannevoux), early September 1914
- Montfaucon ( Battle of the Marne ) from September 5 to 12, 1914
- Battle of Verdun from February 21 to December 20, 1916
- Battle of the Somme from July 1st to November 18th 1916
- St. Quentin
During the war, the subordination changed on October 13, 1916 and the regiment was subordinate to the army field artillery from this point until after the end of the war on December 10, 1918. According to an ordinance of the War Ministry of January 26, 1917, the regiment was expanded and received a III. Department.
After the armistice of Compiègne , the remnants of the regiment could no longer reach the former garrison in St. Avold. Therefore, the association was demobilized in Roda on December 23, 1918 . The volunteer battery "Wuppermann" was formed from parts, which was merged into the 49th Infantry Gun Battery when the Provisional Reichswehr was formed.
The tradition took over in the Reichswehr by decree of the Chief of the Army Command General of the Infantry Hans von Seeckt from August 24th 1921 the 2nd battery of the 6th (Prussian) Artillery Regiment in Münster . In the Wehrmacht , the regimental staff and the 2nd division of Artillery Regiment 16 in Hamm continued the tradition.
|Lieutenant Colonel / Colonel||Wilhelm Scheller||October 1, 1899 to January 26, 1903|
|Lieutenant colonel||Paul Jitschin||January 27 to October 17, 1903|
|Major||Emil Waldorf||October 18, 1903 to March 9, 1904 (in charge of the tour)|
|Major/Oberstleutnant/Oberst||Emil Waldorf||March 10, 1904 to March 21, 1910|
|Oberst||Albert Credé||March 22, 1910 to April 21, 1912|
|Oberst||Edwin Martini||April 22, 1912 to February 17, 1913|
|Lieutenant colonel||Wuthmann||February 18 to November 24, 1913|
|Oberst||Paul von Krenski||November 25, 1913 to August 2, 1914|
|Oberst||Karl Isbert||August 3, 1914 to July 11, 1916|
|Lieutenant colonel||Riedel||July 12 to August 31, 1916|
|Major/Oberstleutnant||Siegfried von Auwers||September 1, 1916 to February 1919|
After the end of the First World War, a war memorial in memory of the field artillery regiment No. 69 was erected in the palace gardens of the Prince-Bishop's Palace in Münster . The " Lorraine Cross " made of stone was created by Albert Mazzotti and Wilhelm Wucherpfennig ,  and is now a listed building . 
- Marx: history of the 3rd lothr. Field Artillery Regiment No. 69. without place or publisher, 1920
- Jürgen Kraus : Handbook of the associations and troops of the German army 1914-1918. Part IX: Field Artillery. Volume 1, Verlag Militaria, Vienna 2007, ISBN 978-3-902526-15-1 , pp. 289-290.
- Military weekly paper . No. 9, January 28, 1902, pp. 221-226.
- Günter Wegmann (ed.), Günter Wegner: Formation history and staffing of the German armed forces 1815-1990. Part 1: Occupation of the German armies 1815–1939. Volume 3: The occupation of the active regiments, battalions and departments from the foundation or list until August 26, 1939. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1993, ISBN 3-7648-2413-1 . P. 289.
- Münster (3rd Lothringisches Feld Art. Regt. No. 69), North Rhine-Westphalia in the fallen project
- Monuments of the city of Münster, as of June 30, 2015. Entry on Schloßgarten Ehrenmal lothr. Field artillery regiment No. 69. Castle garden without house number.