Line up and peacetime
Through the Imperial Law of March 11, 1887, the strength of the German Army was increased to 468,409 men (without officers, etc.) for the period from April 1, 1887 to March 31, 1894, which is 1% of the population (as of December 1, 1885) corresponded. Among other things, 31 new infantry battalions should be set up.
In the course of this increase in the army, Infantry Regiment No. 135 was established by the Highest Cabinet Order (AKO) on March 11, 1887 (also Foundation Day) on April 1, 1887. The Infantry Regiment No. 131 in Metz gave the 5th Company, the Grenadier Regiment "King Friedrich I." (4th East Prussian) No. 5 in Neufahrwasser the 2nd Company, the Metz Infantry Regiment No. 98 the 3rd Company and the Infantry Regiment "Duke Karl von Mecklenburg-Strelitz" (6th East Prussian) No. 43 in Königsbergthe 4th Company, which formed the 1st Battalion. The II. Battalion was formed from the 11th Company of the Grenadier Regiment "King Frederick the Great" (3rd East Prussian) No. 4 in Ortelsburg , the 6th Company of the Infantry Regiment No. 128 in Danzig, the 11th Company the Infantry Regiment "Graf Dönhoff" (7th East Prussian) No. 44 in Osterode , and the 7th Company of the 8th East Prussian Infantry Regiment No. 45 in Lyck . The 10th company of the infantry regiment "von Boyen" (5th East Prussian) No. 41 in Königsberg, the 10th company of the infantry regiment No. 130 in Metz, the 3rd company of theGrenadier Regiment "King Friedrich Wilhelm I." (2nd East Prussian) No. 3 in Gumbinnen and the 12th Company of the 4th Magdeburg Infantry Regiment No. 67 in Metz, formed the III. Battalion.
The garrison was in Diedenhofen .
By AKO on August 11, 1893, a so-called half battalion with two companies, consisting of eight officers and 193 men, was set up with the regiment as IV. Since this lineup did not work, all IV battalions of the infantry regiments were surrendered and were used to set up new regiments. The half battalion of the regiment formed with the infantry regiment No. 145 on April 1, 1897 the 2nd battalion of the newly established infantry regiment No. 174 .
From 1890 the regiment, together with the Infantry Regiment No. 145 (from 1902: King Infantry Regiment (6th Lorraine) No. 145), the 68th Infantry Brigade within the 34th Division , which belonged to the XVI. Army Corps was subordinated.
On the occasion of the 43rd birthday of Kaiser Wilhelm II , the regiment was given the country team name “Lorraine” on January 27, 1902 and from then on it was named the 3rd Lorraine Infantry Regiment No. 135 . 
First World War
Since the garrison in Diedenhofen could no longer be reached after the end of the war due to the conditions of the armistice , the remnants of the regiment moved to Germany. The association was demobilized from January 3rd to 10th 1919 in Bernburg (Saale) and finally dissolved.
Parts joined the III in January 1919. Battalion in the 166th Volunteer Infantry Regiment. This was in June 1919 as III. Battalion of the 50th Reichswehr Rifle Regiment taken over into the Provisional Reichswehr .
The tradition in the Reichswehr was adopted by the 13th Company of the 17th Infantry Regiment in Braunschweig by decree of the Chief of the Army Command, General of the Infantry Hans von Seeckt on August 24, 1921 .
|Oberst||Eduard von Gabain||April 1, 1887 to July 20, 1889|
|Oberst||Viktor Pedell||July 21, 1889 to July 27, 1892|
|Oberst||Ernst Lauer||July 28, 1892 to August 17, 1894|
|Lieutenant colonel||Hermann Bayer||August 18 to September 11, 1894 (in charge of the tour)|
|Oberst||Hermann Bayer||September 12, 1894 to May 3, 1898|
|Oberst||Max von Rostken||June 5, 1898 to December 14, 1900|
|Oberst||Eduard Fritsch||December 15, 1900 to April 23, 1904|
|Oberst||Gustav von Stengel||April 24, 1904 to August 17, 1905|
|Lieutenant colonel||Edwin Sunkel||August 18 to September 14, 1905 (entrusted with the tour)|
|Oberst||Edwin Sunkel||September 15, 1905 to January 26, 1910|
|Oberst||Erich Freyer||January 27, 1910 to April 17, 1913|
|Oberst||Otto Diederichs||April 18, 1913 to October 12, 1914|
|Oberst||Franz von Drygalski||October 13-28, 1914|
|Lieutenant colonel||Fritz Young||November 5, 1914 to March 2, 1915|
|Lieutenant colonel||Max Schmidt||March 5, 1915 to December 27, 1917|
|Major||Meyer||December 28, 1917 to August 1, 1918|
|Lieutenant colonel||lily||August 2 to 17, 1918|
|Lieutenant colonel||Schulze||August 18, 1918 to January 1, 1919|
|Oberst||Felix von Merkatz||January 2, 1919 until dissolution|
- Paul von Abel: Stammliste of the Royal Prussian Army. ES Mittler & Sohn, Berlin 1905.
- Curt Jany : History of the Prussian Army from the 15th Century to 1914. Fourth volume: The Royal Prussian Army and the German Reichsheer 1807 to 1914. Reprint Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück 1967.
- Jürgen Kraus : Handbook of the associations and troops of the German army 1914-1918. Part VI: Infantry. Volume 1: Infantry Regiments. Verlag Militaria, Vienna 2007, ISBN 978-3-902526-14-4 , p. 219.
- Rudolf Müller: The 3rd Lorraine Infantry Regiment No. 135 . Stalling, Oldenburg 1922, urn : nbn: de: 101: 1-201304288463 . (Volume 29 of the series "Former Prussian Troop Units" in the memorial sheets of German regiments )
- Reichsarchiv (edit.): The World War 1914–1918. ES Mittler & Sohn , Berlin 1925.
- Military weekly paper . No. 9, January 28, 1902, pp. 221-224.
- Günter Wegmann (Ed.), Günter Wegner: Formation history and staffing of the German armed forces 1815-1990. Part 1: Occupation of the German armies 1815–1939. Volume 2: The staffing of the active infantry regiments as well as the hunter and machine gun battalions, military district commands and training managers from the foundation or list until 1939. Biblio Verlag. Osnabrück 1992. ISBN 3-7648-1782-8 . P. 343.