3 Plus TV - 3 Plus TV
|reception||Cable , DVB-S|
|Image resolution||( Entry missing )|
|Send start||31. August 2006|
|executive Director||Roger Elsener|
|List of TV channels|
3 Plus (market presence 3+ ) is a supraregional private television broadcaster from Switzerland , which was originally broadcast on August 31, 2006, although it replaces the TV3 frequencies that have since been discontinued . Until it was officially presented at a media conference on May 31, 2006, the project had the working title Elevator TV . Founder and managing director is Dominik Kaiser , program director is Torsten Prenter (formerly RTL II ). It can currently be received by around 1.7 million Swiss households via cable connection . On December 15, 2012, 3+ started its program encrypted via the satelliteAstra 1KR .
The program with the brand name 3+ is produced by the company 3 Plus TV Network AG, which in turn belongs to 3 Plus Group AG, the sponsor of the television commission.  The board of directors of 3 Plus Group AG includes: Dominik Kaiser as chairman of the board of directors and Walter Häusermann (formerly Head of Financial Controlling at Swatch Group and in management positions at various companies  ), Martin Spieler (editor-in-chief of the SonntagsZeitung , previously of the Handelszeitung and COO Belcom Group, co-owner of Tele24 ) and since September 2008 Helmut Thoma (former managing director ofRTLplus Deutschland Fernsehen GmbH & Co. KG).  At the start, the station employed around 20 people, now there are 30. The station is based in Schlieren near Zurich , although 3 Plus TV does not maintain its own studios.
In August 2012, 3 Plus Group AG announced that it would start a second program in autumn 2012. It has been available under the name 4+ since October 9, 2012, initially exclusively for customers of the cable network operator UPC Cablecom (now UPC Switzerland) and focuses on blockbuster feature films . As with 3+, the target group is the 15 to 49 year old television audience. 
Since September 2014, 3 Plus Group AG has been running a third program called 5+ .
The station 3+ relies primarily on purchased series and feature films . In- house productions have already been broadcast, but some are still being planned and have not yet been produced, resp. broadcast (partly from purchased foreign formats ). Outside prime time in the evening, mainly call-in competitions were broadcast, for example under the names “SwissQuiz”, “Swiss Day Quiz” and “SwissQuiz 2Night”, but for financial reasons they were all in Vienna by Mass Response Servicewere produced, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Telekom Austria. This also explains the fact that Austrian moderators were used relatively often. After a federal court ruling against the production company, in which the call-in program broadcast in this form was confirmed as an offense against the Lottery Act,   the broadcast of the call-in format was discontinued in early March 2010. The resulting gap in the program is mainly filled by in-house productions, mainly older seasons. This broadcasting room was then offered to an esoteric program, which is still broadcast today.
The positioning is officially described as “entertaining and informing entertainingly”. On a daily average, 3+ achieved a viewer share of 2.7 percent in German-speaking Switzerland (as of mid-2012).  In the broadcast time defined by 3 Plus TV as prime time from 8:00 pm to 10:29 pm, 3+ achieved a market share of 3.7 percent in the target group (14-49 years) in the second quarter of 2012, down on the previous year Peak value of 4.1 percent. 
According to media reports, 3 Plus TV was in dispute with the Federal Office of Communication in 2007 regarding the information mandate. While the broadcaster was of the opinion that, according to this mandate, news and weather could also only be served via teletext , OFCOM considered this practice to be illegal.  A compromise has now been found. In addition to teletext, 3+ broadcasts its messages as a treadmill at the bottom of the screen.
The logo can be read as an interpretation of the Swiss national flag. The plus sign corresponds to the Swiss cross , and the cube reflects the square shape of the flag. The name 3 Plus is based on the former, now discontinued Swiss private broadcaster TV3 .
Current in-house productions
- Farmer, single, looking for ... (since 2008); Docu-soap, similar to Bauer sucht Frau . Thirteen seasons so far.
- Bumann, the restaurant tester (since 2009); see Daniel Bumann .
- The Bachelor (since 2012); six seasons so far.
- The Bachelorette (since 2015); four seasons so far.
- Bernegger & Juric. The commissioners. (since 2018) 
- Superstar - From zero to hero (Fall 2006); Casting show , similar to MusicStar ( SF 1 ) and Deutschland sucht den Superstar ( RTL )
- Knowledge of the world ; Knowledge show with Peter Wick, similar to Welt der Wunder (German original: today RTL II , formerly ProSieben )
- Supermodel (November 2007); Reality documentary that accompanies a group of young women on their stony path to becoming a supermodel
- Oops! The Swiss Breakdown Show (autumn 2008); similar to oops! - The breakdown show on Super RTL
- Sing and Win ; similar to Sing and Win!
- The 10 (Spring 2010); similar to Die 10 ... (RTL)
- Missing (2012); similar to Missing (RTL)
- Young, wild & sexy - digging, drinking, partying ; similar to Saturday Night Fever - this is how Austria's youth celebrate
- Mom, I'm pregnant - teenagers become mothers (since November 2010)
- Goodbye homeland - Swiss people emigrate (since May 2011)
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (2011, three issues)
- Camping Paradiso Grandioso (Herbst 2011)
- Supernanny (2012); similar to Die Super Nanny (German Original: RTL )
- Undercover Boss (since May 2012); similar to the German format
- Mike Shiva (2014)
- Those Callers (2014)
Most of the series broadcast are purchased from the USA. The focus is on crime series such as the CSI series and are broadcast towards the evening. In addition, you can always find one or the other sitcom in the program, which is broadcast in the late afternoon. 
- 2 Broke Girls
- Anger Management
- Body of Proof
- Bones - the bone hunter
- Cougar Town
- Criminal Intent - crime in sight
- Criminal Minds
- Criminal Minds: Team Red
- CSI: Cyber
- CSI: On the trail of the perpetrators
- CSI: NY
- Detective Laura Diamond
- Die Borgias
- The Simpsons
- Eleventh Hour - Last second bet
- Ghost Whisperer - Voices from Beyond
- Hawaii Five-0
- Hot in Cleveland
- How I Met Your Mother
- Human Target
- It's always Jim
- In Plain Sight - In the line of fire
- King of Queens
- Lie to Me
- My wild daughters
- Modern Family
- Navy CIS
- Navy CIS: L.A.
- NCIS: New Orleans
- New Girl
- Once Upon a Time - Once upon a time ...
- Person of Interest
- Rizzoli & Isles
- Rookie Blue
- Scrubs - The beginners
- The Big Bang Theory
- The Blacklist
- The Mentalist
- The Walking Dead
- Alles Betty!
- White Collar
- Bakom ( Memento from June 28, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- Walter Häusermann's professional experience
- Entry in the commercial register of the canton of Nidwalden ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- makers of 3+ to launch another private broadcaster in autumn , in: Blick.ch of August 2, 2012
- www.persoenlich.com: Dominik Kaiser launches new station
- Michèle Widmer: TV takeover: CH Media buys the 3+ group. In: persoenlich.com . October 18, 2019, accessed October 19, 2019 .
- Federal Court - 6B_775 / 2009, judgment of February 18, 2010 ( Memento of the original of November 1, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- "6B_775 / 2009: Violation of the Lottery Act through TV competitions" , swissblawg
- Media data, on the 3+ website, accessed on August 24, 2012.
- heute-online.ch ( Memento of the original from June 11, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , May 15, 2007.
- Bernegger & Juric on the 3 Plus TV website