3rd Armored Brigade - 3.ª Brigada Acorazada
|3rd Armored Brigade|
|Part of||I Army Division|
The 3rd Armored Brigade "La Concepción" owes its name to a combat produced in the War of the Pacific in which 77 Chilean soldiers faced more than 2000 soldiers and guerrillas from the Peruvian Army . It was inaugurated on December 23, 2009 [ 1 ] with the restructuring plan of the Chilean Army that would create 5 armored brigades only composed of professional personnel, these units would be modern and capable of being mobile, flexible and fast.
- Armored Infantry Battalion No. 7 «Esmeralda»
- Armored Cavalry Group No. 8 "Explorers"
- Artillery Group No. 5 "Antofagasta"
- Mechanized Engineering Company No. 10 «Pontoneros»
- Telecommunications Company No. 7 "San Pedro de Atacama"
- Armored Scout Platoon
- Barracks unit