3rd Light Division - 3.ª División Ligera

The 3rd Light Division ( 3. Leichte-Division ) was a unit of the German Army ( Heer ) at the beginning of World War II . It is sometimes described as Light Mechanized and Light Panzer, to distinguish it from later Light Infantry divisions.

History

It was formed in Cottbus on November 10 , 1938 . It participated in the invasion of Poland , and was reorganized and renamed the 8th Panzer Division on October 16 , 1939 .

Commanders

Heads of Operations (Ia)

Area of ​​operations

Order of battle

References