3D visualization - 3D-Visualisierung
3D visualization refers to the conversion of technical drawings and two-dimensional data to three-dimensional virtual models or rooms. The 3D data is either freely modeled in a 3D program or existing CAD is used-Data imported. All modeling steps (elements) and all associated dimensions (parameters) are saved individually and assigned, ie models can also be influenced subsequently by changing the input values in a targeted and controlled manner. During modeling, materials that are as realistic as possible are assigned to the individual elements. After setting up the light and the camera, the scene is either rendered into an image or exported as a 3D real-time application. 3D visualization is often used in a product configurator to represent the product in 3D.  Furthermore, 3D visualization is often used in architecture.
3D visualization is also suitable for product development , e.g. to find out in advance whether a correspondingly designed product would meet with interest on the market. This keeps costs low and development iterations can be run through more quickly.
- Christian da Silva Caetano: 3D architecture visualization. 1st edition. Redline, Heidelberg 2008, ISBN 978-3-8266-5923-2 .
- Rüdiger Mach, Peter Petschek: Visualization of digital terrain and landscape data . Springer Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 2006, ISBN 3-540-30532-7 .
- Willibald A. Günthner, André Borrmann (Ed.): Digital construction site - more innovative planning, more efficient execution . Springer Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 2011, ISBN 978-3-642-16485-9 .
- Axel Hildebrand: From photography to 3D models . Springer Verlag, Berlin / Heidelberg 1997, ISBN 3-540-61597-0 .
- Tanja Köhler: Architecture 3D modeling with AutoCAD and 3ds Max. 1st edition. Hüthing Jehle Rehm publishing group, Heidelberg 2011, ISBN 978-3-8266-9119-5 .
- lumographics.de ( Memento of the original from October 24, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Integration and visualization of 2D and 3D geodata in a distributed GIS (accessed on August 3, 2017)
- Geospatial information and real estate marketing (accessed on August 3, 2017)