3deluxe - 3deluxe
|3deluxe transdisciplinary design |
|Seat||Wiesbaden , Germany|
|Number of employees||30|
3deluxe - transdisciplinary design is a German design agency that is active in architecture , interior design , graphic , product and media design . The design group was founded in 1992 by the designer Nik Schweiger, the communication designers Andreas & Stephan Lauhoff and Dieter Brell and grew to 30 members by 2010.
- 3deluxe motion (Hamburg): Conception and realization of cinematic and interactive brand and product presentations
- 3deluxe graphics (Wiesbaden): Realization of graphic and multimedia designs, corporate identities and brand communication
- 3deluxe in / exterior (Wiesbaden): Specialized in spatial design and architecture and interior design
There is also a branch in Shanghai .
3deluxe achieved greater awareness in the 2000s through various installations, exhibition stands and architectural projects. To be mentioned are special
- Scape , a world of experience on the subject of youth and new media at the Expo 2000 in Hanover, 
- Design of the Cocoon Club in Frankfurt am Main, 2004 
- Various temporary structures during the 2006 soccer World Cup , including the soccer globe traveling through several major cities and the scenery for the closing ceremony in Berlin's Olympic Stadium . 
- The building of a coffee company in Osnabrück, designed by 3deluxe and completed in 2012 
In architecture and installations, 3deluxe also uses graphic and media design techniques. According to its own information, the agency is pursuing a transdisciplinary approach in order to create multi-layered collages (so-called "multilayered atmospheres") with mixed forms of two- and three-dimensional design, which enable its users to read differently. The designers rely on a characteristic, organically inspired design language and a combination of real and virtual elements (such as light and digital media ).  In addition, elements of pop culture are adopted.
In their self-image there is a
"The main leitmotifs of the group: a staged overlay of real and virtual elements, which is intended to change both the space and the perception patterns of the viewer."
The concept of architecture and interior design are based on bionics . Principles and forms of nature are implemented in building materials. The works that 3deluxe calls “Genetic Architecture” can neither be designed nor built without computer systems: “The common basis of many 3deluxe projects is a design based on natural principles. 'Floating Forms' - a design that simulates growth processes and does not appear to be feasible without the digital helpers of our time. "(Andrej Kupetz  ) Peter Glaser described his impressions:
"They no longer understand architecture as a static structure, but as a changeable system that allows unprecedented perspectives of spatial perception."
This creates an “expressive-biomorphic design language” ( Robert Mehl  ), which 3deluxe has transferred from architecture to the other design areas: “Since its foundation in 1992, 3deluxe has relied on this new type of interdisciplinarity, without the individual independence to water down the design areas. "( Andrej Kupetz  )
In an architectural theory essay about 3deluxe it is said that their architectural style could possibly indicate a shift from purely human-centered basic assumptions to a sensitivity that is inspired by the growth of organic systems. 
- Design of the common areas at Frankfurt Airport for Fraport , 2013
- Redesign of the Zeilgalerie in Frankfurt, including a 260 square meter video wall on the outside. 2009/2010
- Exhibition and sale of designs in the Lumas Gallery , Visionary Architecture , 2009 
- The Space Las Vegas : Design of a show theater with lounge, bar, coffee shop, ticket shop., 2009
- Museum of Modern Art : collaboration with Andreas Gursky for a cocoon exhibition, Frankfurt 2008 
- Glaskoch company building in Bad Driburg- Herste , Leonardo Glass Cube , 2007 
- SalzZeitReise : Media presentation for visitors in the Berchtesgaden salt mine , 2007
- Drives of the future: Mobile exhibition pavilion for DaimlerChrysler on the subject of sustainable mobility on tour through the Mercedes-Benz Center, 2006
- North Kiteboarding: Brand Building, Since 2005 
- CocoonClub : Club, restaurant and corporate design for DJ Sven Väth in Frankfurt. 2004 
- Period / Space of Time: M-real Zanders Reflex Calendar 2004. Three-dimensional representation of time in a generically constructed space. 2003 
- Cyberhelvetia: Multimedia world of experience for Credit Suisse at the Swiss Expo.02 , 2002
- d'Fly: Design of a jewelry store in Soho New York City , 2002
- Autostadt Atmosphere: Autostadt's appearance at the IAA Frankfurt, 2001
- MTV Networks: trade fair appearance, Popkomm , Telemesse, 1999–2001
- Children of Berlin: Group exhibition at PS1 Contemporary Art Center, NYC, 1999
- Speech-recognizing letterforms: MA-Project am Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London, 1998
- New rooms - virtual and visionary worlds: Thematic staging at the spring fair , 1996
Awards and competitions
- German Design Award 2014 - German Design Council , Architecture and Interior Design, Special Mention 2014, Kaffee Partner Headquarters 
- ICONIC AWARDS 2013 - The whole world of architecture - German Design Council, Category Architecture> Corporate, Winner, Coffee Partner Headquarters 
- ICONIC AWARDS 2013 - The whole world of architecture - German Design Council, Category Interior> Corporate, Winner, SYZYGY Office Frankfurt 
- red dot Design Award: Communication Design 2013 – red dot GmbH & Co. KG, Event Design / Interior & Concept design, red dot, SYZYGY Office Frankfurt
- red dot award: Communication Design 2011 – red dot GmbH & Co. KG, Information Design / Public Space, red dot, Zeilgalerie Frankfurt
- Good design 12 - DDC - German Designer Club eV, space / architecture, silver medal, Zeilgalerie Frankfurt
- 1st International Eyes & Ears Trailer Festival - Eyes & Ears of Europe - Association for Design, Promotion and Marketing of Audiovisual Media eV, opening credits (documentation, feature & reportage), SF DOK 
- red dot award: Communication Design 2008 – red dot GmbH & Co. KG, Information Design / Public Space, Best of the Best, Leonardo Glass Cube
- The Ring – iC@ward – ICIAD – International Council of Interior Architects & Designers (China), Exhibition, Grand Award, Leonardo Glass Cube
- International Architecture Award – Chicago Athenaeum, European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies, Best New Global Design, Leonardo Glass Cube
- AIT Best of Shop Architecture Award – AIT, 1. Platz, Leonardo Glass Cube
- ADC Competition 2008 - Art Directors Club for Germany eV, communication in space, award, Leonardo Glass Cube
- iF communication design award 2008 – iF International Forum Design GmbH, Corporate Architecture, Gold, Leonardo Glass Cube
- iF communication design award 2008 – iF International Forum Design GmbH, Communication Design, Gold, Fiftyeight 3D Website
- DP3D - The German Prize for 3-Dimensionality, Corporate Buildings, Golden Flame, Leonardo Glass Cube
- Good design 07 - DDC - German Designer Club eV, room, gold medal, Leonardo Glass Cube
- Eyes & Ears Awards 2007 Innovation and Effectiveness - Eyes & Ears of Europe - Association for Design, Promotion and Marketing of the Audiovisual Media eV, Best opening credits for non-fictional programs, award, SF Leben Live 
- ADC Competition 2006 - Art Directors Club for Germany eV, communication in space, award, drives of the future
- Adam Award - FAMAB Association for Direct Business Communication eV, exhibition stands up to 50 m², silver, drives of the future 
- Sinus – Systems Integration Award – Messe Frankfurt, Entertainment, CocoonClub
- Good design 06 - DDC - German Designer Club eV, The Good Network, Grand Prix, CocoonClub
- ADC competition 2003 - Art Directors Club for Germany eV, communication in space, bronze medal, Cyberhelvetia
- Ed. Julius Wiedemann: Brand Identity Now! Winning brands from around the world. Taschen Verlag, Köln, 2009, ISBN 978-3-8365-1584-9.
- 3deluxe - Transdisciplinary Approaches To Design. Die Gestalten Verlag / Frame Publishers, Berlin / Amsterdam, 2008, ISBN 978-3-89955-306-2 . Experimental book design of the second 3deluxe work monograph.
- Andrej Kupetz ( Design Council / German Design Council): Design trends: designer in Germany. Goethe-Institut , August 2007 ( goethe.de )
- Robert Mehl: Information in Form. In: Deutsche BauZeitschrift . No. 12, 2006 ( six4.bauverlag.de )
- Anna Gerber and Anja Lutz: Influences. A Lexicon of Contemporary Graphic Design. Die Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, 2006, ISBN 978-3-89955-152-5 .
- Frame – The Back Issue. The Essential Guide To Frame's First 50 Issues. Birkhäuser / Frame Publishers, Basel/Amsterdam 2006, ISBN 978-90-77174-50-0, S. 112–121.
- Robert Klanten : 3deluxe Projects. Interior and Graphic Design. Die Gestalten Verlag, Berlin, 2003, ISBN 3-931126-82-X . Experimental book design of the first 3deluxe work monograph.
- Karin Damrau, Anton Markus Pasing: Uncertainty relations. Experiment space. HM Nelte, Wiesbaden, 2002, ISBN 3-932509-09-9 .
- BauNetz : 3deluxe Scape
- BauNetz : 3deluxe Cocoon Club
- 3deluxe: Closing Ceremony FIFA World Cup 2006 (requires Adobe Flash)
- baunetzwissen.de: Headquarters Coffee Partner in Osnabrück .
- Designer collective 3deluxe. In: A&W Architektur & Wohnen . Retrieved October 1, 2014 .
- Philip Jodidio (Ed.): Architecture Now! 6. Taschen Verlag, Cologne, 2009, ISBN 978-3-8365-0193-4 , pp. 54-57.
- Andrej Kupetz: Designtrends: Designer in Germany . Goethe Institute, 2007
- Peter Glaser: Mutual Interplay. In: 3deluxe – Transdisciplinary Approaches To Design. Frame Publishers, 2008, ISBN 978-3-89955-306-2 (3deluxe.de ZIP; 11,5 MB, PDF; 464 kB).
- Robert Mehl: Information in Form . German construction magazine, 2006
- Prof. Ryszard Sliwka, Cambridge, Ontario (CA): Genetic Architecture. On the Interpretation of Architecture. Applied Interpretation. In: Wolkenkuckucksheim. Band 13, Nr. 1, Mai 2009 (online)
- Exhibition Visionary Architecture , at Lumas.
- kunstaspekte.de: MMK Frankfurt shows Andreas Gusky: Cocoon , accessed on August 17 of 2010.
- Architectural team 3deluxe ( Memento from October 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 1.4 MB) on Leonardo Glass Cube.
- Ed. Julius Wiedemann: Brand Identity Now! Taschen Verlag, 2009, pp. 148–151.
- Ed. Julius Wiedemann: Brand Identity Now! Taschen Verlag, 2009, pp. 28–37.
- Anna Gerber and Anja Lutz: Influences. Die Gestalten Verlag, 2006, pp. 121–122.
- See Anna Gerber and Anja Lutz: Influences. Die Gestalten Verlag, 2006, p. 4.
- Emigre No. 51, 1999. , S. 14–21 (emigre.com)
- Realized projects 3deluxe on BauNetz
- Design Awards / German Design Award / Galerie 2014 ( Memento from September 25, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) on german-design-council.de, accessed on November 5, 2013.
- Design Awards / Iconic Awards / Online Exhibition / Winner ( Memento from July 10, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) on german-design-council.de, accessed on November 5, 2013.
- Prize winners (PDF; 112 kB) on eeofe.de, accessed on August 16, 2010.
- Leonardo Glass Cube at ifdesign.de, accessed on August 16, 2010.
- Fiftyeight 3D website at ifdesign.de, accessed on August 16.
- Prize winners and awards (PDF; 143 kB) at eeofe.de, accessed on August 16, 2010.
- Mercedes Benz Center in Europe ( Memento from November 5, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) on famab.de, accessed on August 16, 2010.
- 3deluxe: Awards on baunetz.de.