4-(1-Pyrrolidinyl)pyridin - 4-(1-Pyrrolidinyl)pyridin
|other names|| |
|Brief description|| |
yellow solid 
|External identifiers / databases|
|Molar mass||148.20 g · mol −1|
|Physical state|| |
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions .|
4- (1-Pyrrolidinyl) pyridine is an organic compound from the field of heterocycles . Is a pyridine ring , the in-4 position with a 1-linked pyrrolidine substituted is. PPY was discovered in 1969 by Wolfgang Steglich .  It is used in acylations to activate the carboxylic acid anhydrides , whereby it induces significantly higher reaction kinetics than pyridine. Even faster reaction rates are achieved than with 4-DMAP . 
PPY can be obtained in good yield by reaction of pyridine with thionyl chloride and subsequent reaction with N -formylpyrrolidine .  The reaction of 4-chloropyridine with pyrrolidine by microwave irradiation also gives PPY in very good yield. 
- Data sheet 4- (1-pyrrolidinyl) pyridine (PDF) from Merck , accessed on June 27, 2010.
- data sheet 4-pyrrolidinopyridine from Sigma-Aldrich , accessed on March 18, 2011 ( PDF ).
- W. Steglich, G. Höfle: 4-Dimethylaminopyridine, a highly effective acylation catalyst , in: Angew. Chem. 1969 , 81 , 1001; doi: 10.1002 / anie.19690812313 .
- G. Höfle, W. Steglich, H. Vorbrüggen: 4-Dialkylaminopyridines as highly effective acylation catalysts , in: Angew. Chem. 1978 , 90 , 602-615; doi: 10.1002 / anie.19780900806 .
- S. Narayan, T. Seelhammer, R. E. Gawley: Microwave assisted solvent free amination of halo-(pyridine or pyrimidine) without transition metal catalyst, in: Tetrahedron Lett. 2004, 45, 757–759; doi:10.1016/j.tetlet.2003.11.030.