40 Latino - 40 Latino
|Channel type||Digital terrestrial television|
|Start of transmissions||January 1, 2001|
|Cessation of transmissions||January 4, 2012|
|Picture format||4:3 576i SDTV|
40 Latino was a Spanish television channel that was the television version of radio stations such as Cadena Dial or Radiolé . It was on the Canal + and Orange TV digital pay platforms . From 2005 to 2010, the channel was included in the DTT free channel package within Multiplex 67, along with Cuatro , Canal Club , Cadena SER , Cadena Dial and Los 40 Principales . It was music-themed but aimed only at theSpanish-speaking artists and songs .
The music channel was produced by Sogecable Música SL, a joint venture between Prisa TV (50% of shares) and Unión Radio (50% of shares). It was distributed on payment platforms such as Canal + and Movistar TV . In 2010, Sogecuatro produced this channel because Sogecable decided to separate the DTT licenses due to the merger of Telecinco.
Initially, this channel was going to return to DTT after the closure of CNN + , [ 3 ] although finally, after the absorption of PRISA's DTT channels by Mediaset , the one that occupied this frequency was Big Brother 24 hours , the latter giving way to Divinity , a programming channel dedicated to women.
Finally, the channel 40 Latino ceased broadcasting on 4 of January of 2012 as previously reported by Prisa TV , responsible for producing the channel, the 29 of December of 2011 . Even so, the contents of the channel were not lost, since they can continue to be seen through LOS40 TV , the main channel. [ 4 ] The music channel was replaced that same day by El Garage TV, a channel that broadcasts specific programs that collect the most complete information on the automotive sector, all the news, advances in safety, off-road activities, mechanics, industrial design, events and tourism, as well as different sports disciplines with exclusive local coverage of your competitions. [ 5 ]
- 40 Latino will be another victim of the merger between Telecinco and Cuatro. The music channel becomes a paid channel on TDT Vertele.com January 18, 2010
- Canal + Dos: Sogecable's first brand in paid DTT adslzone.tv July 24, 2010
- 40 Latino returns to DTT to replace CNN + Vayatele.com December 17, 2010
- 40 Latino says goodbye in January after several months of agony adslzone.tv December 29, 2011
- The Canal + platform launches El Garage TV, a new motor channel Fórmulatv.com January 4, 2012