Seestrasse 41/42 (Potsdam) - Seestraße 41/42 (Potsdam)
The building Seestrasse 41/42 (also Landhaus Prölls ) in Potsdam 's Berliner Vorstadt district is a villa that was built in 1926. It lies on the bank of the Holy Lake . The villa stands with remnants of the fence as a monument under monument protection and serves as a residence since 2001 the Ambassador of Ecuador . 
In 1954 the “House of Teachers”, a culture house of the teaching and education union in the FDGB , was set up in the villa following a decision by the Potsdam district council .  In 1958 , the French military liaison mission operating under the name of La Mission Militaire Francaise de Liaison (MMFL) in the former Soviet occupation zone moved into the property in place of the facility, which was now moving to Seestrasse 45 , after its previous location in the Geschwister-Scholl- Straße had proven to be too unsafe following an attack on the British military mission in July 1958.   The neighboring house at Seestraße 40 was used as the residence of the military mission.  She was resident in the villa until it was dissolved in June 1990 as a result of the reunification .
In 2000/01, as a result of the relocation of the seat of government from Bonn to Berlin (1999) , the Republic of Ecuador established the residence of its embassy , the residence of its ambassador in the Federal Republic of Germany. In addition, repair work and interior conversions were carried out, mainly the installation and conversion of bathrooms. The residence has a guest room in the villa, in which the built-in fittings have been preserved.  It is one of the few locations of diplomatic missions located in Potsdam. In 2002 the building was placed under monument protection.
- Kerstin Englert: Between representation and privacy: the residences . In: Messages in Berlin , Gebr. Mann Verlag, Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-7861-2472-8 , pp. 71–86 (here: p. 74).
- List of monuments of the state of Brandenburg , number 09156589
- Rosemarie Posselt: State administration, economy, parties and organizations in the districts of Cottbus, Frankfurt (Oder) and Potsdam: 1952 - 1990 . In: Publications of the Brandenburgisches Landeshauptarchiv: Brandenburgisches Landeshauptarchiv , Berliner Wissenschafts-Verlag, 2005, ISBN 978-3830509592 , p. 657.
- Erhart Hohenstein: Staged People's Anger at the “White House” , Potsdamer Latest News, April 17, 2004
- Erhart Hohenstein: August 1958 in the Seestrasse , Potsdamer Latest News, April 30, 2004
- Villas in the Berlin suburbs ( Memento of the original from May 5, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Residence of the Embassy of the Republic of Ecuador - renovation of the listed building , Liebert - engineering office for supply technology