43rd Mixed Brigade (People's Army of the Republic) - 43.ª Brigada Mixta (Ejército Popular de la República)
|43rd Mixed Brigade|
|Active||December 31, 1936-March 1939|
|Rama/s||Regular People's Army|
|Juan Arce Mayora|
|Wars and battles|
|Spanish Civil War|
The unit was created on November 26, 1936 from the forces commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Juan Arce Mayora at the Madrid front, in addition to troops from the «Escobar» column —composed in turn by the old column «Tierra and Libertad " and by civil guards of the 19th Tercio de Barcelona—. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] Subsequently were added milicianas forces from the sector Toledo. Initially the unit received the denomination of mixed brigade "A". [ 1 ]
On December 31, 1936, the 43rd BM was added to the 6th Division of the Madrid Army Corps . For more than a year the unit remained located at the Madrid front, without taking part in relevant military operations. In mid-1938, faced with the Franco offensive on the Levante front, it was sent as reinforcement to this sector. Incorporated into the 52nd Division , it would operate in the Catarroja sector . In August the brigade was sent to the Extremadura front, remaining located as a reserve unit in Hinojosa del Duque . [ n. 1 ]It would remain on this front until the end of the war. The unit ceased to exist at the end of March 1939.
During its existence, the 43rd BM published a newspaper, called Frente de Extremadura . [ 5 ]
- Lieutenant Colonel Juan Arce Mayora ;
- Major of the militias Victoriano González Marcos ;
- Militia Major Antolín Serrano García ; [ 6 ]
- Major of the militias Miguel Torrús Palomo ;
- Chiefs of Staff
- Commander of the General Staff Federico de la Iglesia Navarro ;
- militia captain José Vallejo González ; [ 6 ]
- Alpert , Michael (1989). The Republican Army in the Civil War . Siglo XXI Editores.
- Álvarez , Santiago (1989). Political commissars in the People's Army of the Republic . Editions do Castro.
- Aróstegui , Julio (1988). History and memory of the Civil War. Meeting in Castilla y León: Salamanca, September 24-27, 1986 . Castilla and leon meeting.
- Engel , Carlos (1999). History of the Mixed Brigades of the People's Army of the Republic . Madrid, Almena. 84-922644-7-0 .
- Moreno Gómez , Francisco (1985). The Civil War in Córdoba (1936-1939) . Córdoba: Alpuerto.
- Ramos-Gascón , Antonio (1978). The Romancero of the Popular Army . Editorial Nuestra Cultura.