44th century BC Chr. - 44. Jahrhundert v. Chr.
Age / Epoch
- Late Atlantic (AT3), lower level 1 (4550 to 4050 BC), with again rising water levels and rising temperatures.
- In Central Europe transition to the Early Neolithic (4400 to 3500 BC)
- 4350 v. Chr.:
- In Japan explosive volcanic eruption ( ignimbrite ) on the Kikai caldera with a strength of VEI 7. In addition to Crater Lake , Kurilensee , Paektusan , Santorin and Tambora , the Akahoya eruption on Satsuma-Iō-jima and Takeshima  is one of the most destructive natural events in the course of the Holocene .
Cultures in North Africa
Cultures in Egypt
- Merimde culture (4800 to 4250 BC) in Lower Egypt
- Naqada culture (Naqada I - 4500 to 3500 BC) in Upper Egypt
Cultures in Mesopotamia and the Middle East
- Obed period (5500 to 3500 BC) - Obed III
- Tappe Sialk (6000 to 2500 BC) in Iran - Sialk III
- Amuq (6000 to 2900 BC) in Turkey - Amuq D
- Mersin (5400 bis 2900 v. Chr.) In Anatolien - Mersin 16
- Eridu (from 5300 to approx. 1950 BC) in Mesopotamia - Eridu 11-9
- Tappa Gaura (5000 to 1500 BC) in northern Mesopotamia - Tappa Gaura 17-14
- Nineveh (from 6500 BC) in northern Mesopotamia - Nineveh 3
Cultures in East Asia
- Laoguantai culture (6000 to 3000 BC), upper Yellow River
- Dadiwan Culture (5800-3000 BC), Upper Yellow River
- Hemudu culture (5200 to 4500 BC, later dating 5000 to 3300 BC), Zhejiang
- Baiyangcun culture (5000 to 3700 BC, is also dated to more recent: 3000 to 1700 BC), Yunnan
- Yangshao culture (5000 to 2000 BC), central and northern China
- Caiyuan Culture (4800-3900 BC), Northwest China ( Ningxia )
- Majiabang culture (4750 to 3700 BC), Lower Yangtze River
- Hongshan Culture (4700-2900 BC), Northeast China
- The Daxi culture begins on the middle Yangtze River (4400 to 3300 BC)
- Early Jeulmun period (6000 to 3500 BC).
- Jōmon time (10000 to 300 BC) - Early Jōmon time - Jōmon II (8000 to 4000 BC).
Cultures in Europe
- Northeast Europe :
- Eastern Europe :
- Southeast Europe :
- Karanovo Cultures in Southern Bulgaria - Karanovo VI, Late Copper Age (4500 to 4000 BC)
- Cucuteni culture (4800 to 3200 BC): phase A or Tripolje B 1 (4500 to 4200 BC)
- Gumelniţa-Kultur (4700 bis 3700 v. Chr.): Phase Gumelniţa A2 (4500 bis 3950 v. Chr.)
- The Varna culture (4400 to 4100 BC) begins in northern Bulgaria.
- Central Europe :
- Band ceramic culture (5600 to 4100 BC) in France , Belgium , Germany , Austria , the Czech Republic , Poland , Slovakia , Hungary , Romania and Ukraine
- Ertebølle culture (5100 to 4100 BC) in Denmark and northern Germany
- Swifterbant culture (5000 to 3400 BC) in the Netherlands , Belgium and Lower Saxony
- Lengyel culture (4900 to 3950 BC) in Bavaria , Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Croatia
- Tiszapolgár culture (4500 to 4000 BC) in Hungary and Slovakia
- Münchshöfen culture (4500 to 3900/3800 BC) in eastern Central Europe
- Rössen culture (4500 to 3500 BC) in East Germany
- Western Europe :
Cultures in America
- North and Central America :
- South America :
- Kawanabe, Y. und Saito, G.: Volcanic activity of the Satsuma-Iwojima area during the past 6500 years. In: Earth Planets Space. Band 54, 2002, S. 295–301.