List of Hessian revolutionaries 1848/49 - Decreto 29.337/49
The list of Hessian revolutionaries 1848/49 contains a selection of activists from the time of Vormärz to the uprisings of 1849. In addition to Hesse from the Grand Duchy, it also includes Kurhessen and parliamentarians for Hesse-Homburg and Frankfurt. In the imperial constitution campaign in Rheinhessen and in the Palatinate and Baden uprisings , there were participants from Rheinhessen and the Duchy of Nassau who were revolutionary or politically active there.
The list is the subject of additions.
People in the pre-march
On October 10, 1847, the following took part in the Heppenheim conference :
- Heinrich von Gagern , Hessen-Darmstadt
- Philipp Wilhelm Wernher , Rheinhessen
- August Hergenhahn, Herzogtum Nassau.
- Maximilian von Gagern , President and ao the Duchy of Nassau
- Friedrich Theodor Langen , Grand Duchy of Hesse
- Karl Wilhelm Wippermann , Electorate of Hesse
- Sylvester Jordan , Electorate of Hesse
- Theodor Bergk , Electorate of Hesse
- Heinrich Karl Jaup , 16th vote
- Georg Gottfried Gervinus , 17th voice.
Members of the pre-parliament (selection)
- Christoph Karl Behlen
- Georg Christoph Binding
- Johann Michael Franz Birnbaum
- Heinrich von Gagern
- Maximilian von Gagern, 1848 Reich Commissioner of Central Power in Schleswig-Holstein
- Friedrich Siegmund Jucho
- Gerhard Ramspeck
- Eduard Souchay , 1849 Reich Commissioner for German Central Power
- Philipp Wilhelm Wernher
- Franz Zitz ; - as well as the members of the
Members of the Frankfurt National Assembly
- Wilhelm Schulz-Bodmer , 1st constituency in Darmstadt, Westendhall , MV
- Heinrich Karl Jaup , 2nd constituency in Umstadt, Casino
- August Emmerling , 2nd constituency in Umstadt, Augsburger Hof
- Heinrich von Gagern , 3rd constituency in Zwingenberg, Casino
- Ludwig Bogen , 4th constituency in Erbach, Deutscher Hof
- Theodor Reh , 5th constituency in Offenbach, Deutscher Hof / Württemberger Hof / Westendhall / Nürnberger Hof
- Carl Vogt , 6th constituency in Giessen, Deutscher Hof, MV
- Philipp Wilhelm Wernher , 7th constituency in Alsfeld, Württemberger Hof / Augsburger Hof
- Gustav Hofmann , 8th constituency in Friedberg, Westendhall, MV
- Christian Heldmann , 9th constituency in Nidda, Deutscher Hof
- Rheinhessen constituencies
- Franz Zitz , 10th constituency in Mainz, Deutscher Hof / Donnersberg
- Martin Mohr , 11th constituency in Worms, Donnersberg, MV
- Josef Brunck , 12th constituency in Bingen, Donnersberg
- Friedrich Jacob Schütz , 12th constituency in Bingen, Donnersberg, MV
- Other MPs
- Friedrich Siegmund Jucho, constituency of the Free City of Frankfurt , Westendhall, MV
- Jacob Venedey , Hesse-Homburg constituency , Deutscher Hof / Westendhall / MV
- Electorate of Hesse in the Central March Association
- Nassau member of the Central March Association
Hecker uprising 1848
September riots in Frankfurt 1848
The following took part in the September riots in Frankfurt am Main:
- Germain Metternich
- Arnold Reinach, from Frankfurt.
Struve Putsch 1848
After the Struve putsch came into custody:
- Franz Matthias Schneider, carpenter in Mainz.
Baden uprising in 1849
Participants in the Baden uprising in 1849 are:
- Hanau gymnasts under August Schärttner
- Ludwig Bamberger
- Ludwig Blenker
- Elise Blenker
- Georg Böhning , commander of the "German Legion in Switzerland", from Wiesbaden
- Germain Metternich
- Wilhelm Schröder, from Diez / Nassau
- Franz Zitz .
Participant in the Palatinate uprising in 1849
Liked by Kirchheimbolanden
In the battle at Kirchheimbolanden on June 14, 1849, 17 rioters from the Rhine-Hesse region were killed, on average between 23 and 24 years old!
- Nicolaus Berger, 22 years old, Mainz
- Georg Fr. A. Brozler, 23, Mainz
- Johann Bapt. Burkheiser, 26, from Bingen am Rhein
- Johann Degen, 23, Bretzenheim
- Hieronymus Fatscher, 18, Bretzenheim
- Adam Hohl, 32, Mainz
- Heinrich Kirchner, 31, Bretzenheim
- Ambrosius Klein, 20, Marienborn
- Philipp Metzger, 21, Gau-Weinheim
- Adam Nuss, 28, Mainz
- Franz Scheidel, 22, Mainz
- Leopold Schwab, 19, Mainz
- Ferdinand Secker, 19, Marienborn
- Peter Vogel, 25, Mainz
- Jacob Wolf, 38, Oberingelheim
- Jacob Wüst, 31, Bretzenheim
- Sebastian Zimmermann, 26, Bretzenheim.
- 176 Ludwig Bamberger , court accessist in Mainz
- 179 Ludwig Blenker, wine merchant in Worms
- 150 Richard Lorentz, architect from Offenbach am Main
- 167 Jacob Maßmann, cooper and brewer in Eltville / Nassau
- - Germain Metternich
- 202 Arnold Reinach, from Frankfurt am Main
- 259 Wilhelm Schröder, from Diez / Nassau
- - Conrad Stab, day laborer in Mainz (from Eichenberg), 48 years, free church, amnestied
- - Paul Stumpf , mechanic in Mainz
- - Johann Anton Wegling, carpenter from Merkelbach / Nassau, 22 years, Catholic.
- Franz Zitz , lawyer in Mainz.
Released from custody
In the absence of evidence, the proceedings of the following members of the volunteer corps, riflemen and gymnasts - almost all of them come from Rheinhessen. When the proceedings are terminated, they are released from custody in Zweibrücken. The leading number is the number in the “Judgment of the Prosecution” of the indictment file.
- Members of the Zitz Freikorps
- 385 Bartolomäus Bauer, stone cutter from Hechtsheim , 22 years, Catholic.
- 386 Peter Brack, cap maker in Mainz?, 24, cath.
- 387 Carl Butz, winemaker in Ober-Ingelheim, 33, prot.
- ? Ferdinand Eckel, bookbinder in Mainz
- 393 Philipp Maurer, carpenter in Wöllstein , 20, prot.
- 394 Peter Meis, skipper in Kastel , 24, cath.
- 395 Georg Adam Müller, economist or farm worker in Bretzenheim, 24, cath.
- 404 Carl Rettert, tailor from Adolfseck , 22, free church.
- 403 Joseph Rupp, bricklayer in Zahlbach , 34, Catholic.
- 398 Ernst Ruppert, stone carver in Mainz, 38, cath.
- 401 Franz Weiss, Ackersmann in Wallertheim, 22, kath.
- Members of the Grabsky Rifle Company
- 397 Joseph Agnaud Regnier, student of philology from Mainz, 26, cath.
- 399 Franz Matthias Schneider, carpenter Mainz, 26, Catholic, s. Struve coup
- 400 Georg Staudter, economist from Mariabrunn, 19, cath.
- Members of the Rheinhessen gymnast
- 388 Anton Ditt, locksmith in Bretzenheim, 26, cath.
- 389 Georg Gebhardt, Ackersmann in Partenheim , 22, prot.
- Members of other volunteer corps
- 384 Joseph Abel, cigar maker from Arzell , 21, cath., Freikorps Blenker
- 390 Christian Kreuzberger, shoemaker from Mainz, 36, Catholic, Freikorps Weber.
- Heinrich Best , Wilhelm Weege: Biographical manual of the members of the Frankfurt National Assembly 1848/49. Droste, Düsseldorf 1998, ISBN 3-7700-0919-3 .
- Rudolf H. Böttcher: The family ties of the Palatinate Revolution 1848/1849. A contribution to the social history of a bourgeois revolution. Special issue of the Association for Palatinate-Rhenish Family Studies. Volume 14. Issue 6. Ludwigshafen am Rhein 1999.
- Indictment files, drawn up by the K. General State Procuratorate of the Palatinate, together with the verdict of the Prosecution Chamber of the K. Court of Appeal of the Palatinate in Zweibrücken on June 29, 1850, in the investigation against Martin Reichard, dismissed notary in Speyer, and 332 consorts because of armed rebellion against armed power, high treason and treason etc. Zweibrücken 1850.
- Winfried Schüler: The Duchy of Nassau 1806–1866 (= publications of the Historical Commission for Nassau. Vol. 75). Historical Commission for Nassau, Wiesbaden 2006, ISBN 3-930221-16-0 , p. 164.