List of architectural monuments in Neuss (1 / 400–1 / 499) - Liste der Baudenkmäler in Neuss (1/400–1/499)

Shield-shaped memorial plaque of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia with the coat of arms of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, above it in capital letters the word “Monument”, top left and right and bottom center a nail.

The list of architectural monuments in Neuss (1 / 400–1 / 499) contains the listed buildings in the area of ​​the city of Neuss in the Rhine district of Neuss in North Rhine-Westphalia (status: March 2011). These monuments are entered in the list of monuments of the city of Neuss; The basis for the admission is the Monument Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (DSchG NRW). Some texts of the monument descriptions are available in abbreviated form (partial description). The list is sorted by serial number. The consecutive number is given in brackets in the “Monument number” column.

picture designation location description construction time Registered
since
Monument
number
Telecommunications Office Neuss Telecommunications Office Neuss Downtown
Michaelstrasse 15–23
map
Part description:

Built in 1915/16 as a complex of 2 main buildings on Michaelstrasse and Promenadenstrasse and a connecting building in between. House Promenadenstrasse 65–71: 3-storey in 6 axes with a mansard roof, stepped side gables. Red brick with plinth on the street. Ground floor window with original wrought iron window bars. The building was partially destroyed by bombs in 1945, especially in the attic, rebuilt in 1946/50 Connecting building: 2-storey with a mansard roof and 3-storey with a mansard roof; 12 window axes, in the middle, raised staircase axis with stepped gable. Doors and window frames partially preserved. 1945 the southeast wing was severely damaged; Rebuilt in 1946/59. House Michaelstrasse 15–23:2-storey with extended mansard roof, the street-side facade 3-storey in 5 axes with 2 stepped gables above the two outer ones. Red brick with ashlar edging. Ground floor window with wrought iron window bars. Door and window frame probably original. Originally also wrought iron grille in the entrance gate. Important local evidence of state building activity in the Wilhelmine era; Worth preserving, especially for reasons of urban history and urban planning.

1915/16 22.07.1987 1/112 (1/400)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 67
map
Built around 1860; late classical ashlar plaster facade; 3-storey in 3 axes, gable roof; Plinth plinth cornice; Profile-framed entrance in the left axis, concluding belt cornice, wall openings with straight ends; Plaster rosettes under the cornice on the 1st floor and under the cantilevered eaves; Original door and window. One 1860 05.08.1991 1/175 (1/401)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 69
map
Built in 1571, half-timbered, herringbone brick infills; 2-storey in non-continuous axes, gable roof; 6-part ribbon windows on the main floors and 4-part ribbon windows in the gable; Baroque interior design (Cologne ceilings, stairs); Reconstructed in 1983, with removal of the plastered facade and renewal of the half-timbered facade and the roof structure, restoring the original door and window arrangement and roof pitch, windows with leaded glazing and folding shutters.

Significant testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving for scientific, urban planning and ethnological reasons.

1571 04.04.1985 1/039 (1/402)
Facade of a residential and commercial building Facade of a residential and commercial building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 70
map
Part description;

Facade on the street side of an 18th century house with a shop, which was last completely renovated in 1987. In the ensemble of the neighboring houses on Mittelstrasse, this is an important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving especially for urban planning reasons.

18th century 30.12.1992 1/183 (1/403)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 72
map
Part description:

In the 18th / 19th Built in the 20th century, 3-storey in 2 axes, gable end in front of the expanded attic, gable roof (ridge direction perpendicular to the street). Plastered facade since 1884. In the attic, tail gable with multiple profiled semicircular arches; Central window with newer iron railing, above circular plaster ornament. In the ensemble of the neighboring houses on Mittelstrasse, this is an important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving especially for urban planning reasons.

18./19. Century 30.12.1992 1/184 (1/404)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 74
map
Part description:

Built in the 17th century. Brick facade, 3-storey in 2 axes, with a blind gable in front of a 2-storey steep gable roof. Modern shop fitting on the ground floor. 1964 renovation (removal of the plaster from 1898, renewal of the stone walls, new interior fittings); Window renewed in style. In the ensemble of the neighboring houses on Mittelstrasse, this is an important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving especially for urban planning reasons.

17th century 30.12.1992 1/184 (1/405)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 75/77
map
Part description:

Originally 2 independent houses from the 16th / 17th centuries. Century (a house "Zum Thumb am Zolltor" is mentioned in a document in 1624). 1901 The shop in No. 77 was enlarged. 1935 The two houses are merged into one restaurant and the facade is standardized. 3-storey house in a closed row with different storey heights and hip roofs. The window and door presumably belong mainly to the 1931 renovation. Inside the right half of the house No. 75, the mezzanine floor and hanging room as well as the rear hall have been preserved. Despite the major changes in 1931, the two merged houses still show features of their early history. Particularly noteworthy is No. 75 in the right half of the house. There is a public interest in the preservation and use for reasons of building and urban planning.

16./17. Century 28.11.1995 1/232 (1/406)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 76
map
Part description:

Built in 1609. Brick facade in the style of the Lower Rhine Renaissance, 3-storey in non-continuous axes, plus a blind gable in front of a 2-storey steep pitched roof. Modern shop fitting on the ground floor. Entrance set back on the left, shop window in the middle and on the right. Ground floor changed as early as 1906 through shop fitting; 1964 thorough renovation. Important testimony to the history of urban construction in the ensemble of neighboring houses on Michaelstrasse, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

1609 31.12.1992 1/186 (1/407)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Michaelstrasse 78
map
Part description:

Built in 1712, since 1928 (street breakthrough from Zollstraße to Oberstraße) corner house, to Michaelstraße gable front as a brick facade, 4-storey in 3 axes, 2-fold curved angled gable with a staircase in front of 2-storey expanded, steep gable roof. Complete renovation in 1958/59. Despite changes in the interior of the building and extensive renovation of the side front, this is an important testimony to the history of urban construction in the ensemble of neighboring houses on Michaelstrasse, particularly worthy of preservation for scientific and urban planning reasons.

1712 31.12.1992 1/187 (1/408)
Old Forge Old Forge Downtown
Michaelstrasse 8-10
map
Half-timbered barn as a remnant of an inner-city small farm from the early 19th century, which has been rebuilt several times. Later a blacksmith's workshop, operated as a "farrier and wagon forge" until 1984. Characteristic fixtures, devices and utensils have been completely preserved.

In addition to the general change in urban use, the “Alte Schmiede” vividly shows the working world of a trade that has disappeared from cities with horse-drawn vehicles.

19th century 10.07.1990 1/154 (1/409)
Barn at the Müggenburg Barn at the Müggenburg Map of Norf
Müggelburgstrasse
Free-standing brick barn, probably built at the end of the 19th century as part of the economic expansion of the Müggenburg manor. External dimensions 14 × 50 m, stepped gable divided into 3 fields by pilaster strips, subdivided several times in the middle field. Segmented arch window, above circular window, wrought-iron attachment above the center of the gable. Outer fields with window as in front of or gate entrance. Long sides divided into 11 fields by pilasters, with an elaborate brick eaves cornice and blind windows like gable, on the side facing the courtyard 2 walled gate openings. 3 ventilation attachments in the ridge of the tiled roof.

The barn embodies the type of rational, representative large agricultural buildings of the late 19th century. In connection with the Müggenburg manor, it documents the changes in the production conditions of a large agricultural enterprise in this era in terms of location and appearance.

Late 19th century 17.08.1990 8/005 (1/410)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Mühlenstrasse 23
map
Built in 1840 by Franz Keuter and Catharina Giesen as a house on a rural property; Rear barn and threshing floor no longer available. The house is 2-storey in 6 axes, with a passage in the two right axes, street-side plastered facade with late classicist decorative shapes, saddle roof. Windows largely original, house entrance door probably renewed around 1900, entrance gate after 1945. House interior largely original, on the ground floor partially built-in and alterations in the course of later commercial use.

As the last surviving testimony to the farms formerly located in Neuss old town and a remarkable example of contemporary rural living culture, it is particularly worth preserving for reasons of folklore and urban development.

1840 06.01.1988 1/130 (1/411)
Residential building and part of the facade of the former workshop Residential building and part of the facade of the former workshop Downtown
Mühlenstrasse 47
map
Part description:

House and workshop for mechanical engineering built in 1866 by Mathias Reinartz. The house is 3-storey in 3 axes with an eaves gable roof. Street-side brick / plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, rectangular wall openings with a slight rounding of the upper corners. House entrance door and window original condition. Original staircase inside the house, partly stucco ceilings. The 1–2-storey representative exposed brick facade facing the city garden has been preserved from the former factory halls. The residential building and the remains of the factory hall are among the few remaining evidence in the inner city of Neuss for the close spatial interweaving of the living and working world of a "manufacturer", which is typical of the Wilhelminian style.

1866 12.12.1991 1/170 (1/412)
Water tower (formerly windmill tower) Water tower (formerly windmill tower) City center
Mühlenstrasse 61
map
Part description:

Medieval round tower in the association of the city wall, proven as an urban windmill since 1477 and operated with interruption until 1845. In 1881 expanded as a water tower for the first Neuss waterworks. The tower is part of the medieval city wall, formerly the oldest city mill and later the first water tower, an important testimony to various historical epochs of city development.

1477 24.10.1988 1/140 (1/413)
St. Quirinus-Münster
more pictures
St. Quirinus-Münster City center
Münsterplatz 23
map
Part description

Built from 1209 using older components. It is a 3-aisled, late Romanesque vaulted gallery basilica with westwork, transept and triangular choir over 5-aisled crypt from the 11th century, richly decorated west facade with central tower; Octagonal crossing tower with a baroque dome from 1741 and a statue of St. Quirinus. The St. Quirinus Minster is the most historically and artistically most important building in Neuss.

from 1209 05.04.1988 1/132 (1/414)
Former  Vogt- and Dinghaus to the Holy Three Kings Former Vogt- and Dinghaus to the Holy Three Kings City center
Münsterplatz 10–12
map
Part description:

Built in 1597 as the official house of the Electorate of Cologne, Johann Horn, called Goldschmidt; 1810 transfer to private hands, conversion to residential purposes; After continuing deterioration in 1927, it was acquired by the bank for handicrafts and businesses, restored according to old findings with functional restrictions and used as a bank building since 1929, largely destroyed in the war in 1944. 1946/56 reconstruction by the Volksbank. In 1975 the glockenspiel was built into the front gable with figures from the parade of the Neuss rifle festival. 1991 Interior renovation of the lower floors as a restaurant. The building is a 4-storey, eaves brick building in 7 axes, with a high, slatted gable roof. Despite the renovation of the original structure, the front facade and side gable still reveal the historical significance of the building,

1597 12.04.1991 1/167 (1/415)
Residential building Residential building City center
Münsterplatz 26
map
Part description:

Built around 1850; Plaster facade; 3-storey with mezzanine in 3 axes, flat gable roof; Arcade resting on cast-iron pillars on the ground floor with a cornice, 1980 modernization and installation of a shop on the ground floor, new door, original window. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1850 06.01.1986 1/070 (1/416)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building City center
Münsterstrasse 4
map
Part description:

3-storey, gable-independent residential and commercial building with a saddle roof built around 1860. The street-side facade is made of exposed brick, the wall openings are arranged in 4 axes. House entrance door partly original; older wooden windows with muntin division. The house at Münsterstrasse 4 is an important part of the historically marked Münsterstrasse 4–16 street.

One 1860 09.11.1995 1/226 (1/417)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building City center
Münsterstrasse 6
map
Part description:

3-storey, eaves-standing residential and commercial building with a flat gable roof, built around 1860. Street-side plastered facade in 5 axes, laterally framed by plastered cuboids. Recessed entrance to the house in the central axis, 1 large shop window on each side. Front door partly original, newer large shop windows, windows on the upper floor probably original. The house at Münsterstrasse 6 is an important part of the historic Münsterstrasse 4–16 street.

One 1860 09.11.1995 1/227 (1/418)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building City center
Münsterstrasse 8
map
Part description:

3-storey, eaves-standing residential and commercial building with a gable roof, built in the early 19th century. Plaster facade in 4 axes, ground floor with panel cladding. There is a shop on the ground floor, the house entrance door set back in the right axis, the shop door on the left in the entrance niche. Windows and doors renewed. The house at Münsterstrasse 8 is an important part of the historically marked street Münsterstrasse 4–16.

19th century 10.02.1996 1/237 (1/419)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building City center
Munsterstrasse 10
map
Part description:

Built before 1890, plastered facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 4 axes, gable roof. Shop on the ground floor changed since 1960, front door set back in the right axis, shop door on the left in the entrance niche. Original windows on the first floor. The house, built on the site of the former Quirinus monastery, is important for the history of the city.

Before 1890 05.01.2004 1/337 (1/420)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building City center
Münsterstrasse 14
map
Part description:

It is a 3-storey residential and commercial building with a gable roof. Built between 1802 and 1811 as part of the representative 9-axle corner house facing Münsterplatz on parts of the previously demolished Quirinus pin. The house Münsterstrasse 14 is particularly important in connection with the house Münsterstrasse 16 for the history of the city of Neuss.

1802–1811 28.06.1995 1/229 (1/421)
Residential building Residential building City center
Münsterstrasse 16
map
Part description:

Corner building facing Münsterplatz, probably built around 1810 together with house Münsterstrasse 14 in a part of the previously abandoned Quirinus pen. It is a 3-storey plastered building in 6: 4 axes with a gable roof. The rectangular wall openings are framed by the house. Remise with 2 open basket arches to the inner courtyard and mansard roof, on the middle pillar a memorial stone from 1700.

one 1810 02.01.1991 1/164 (1/422)
Schroershof Schroershof Rosellen
Neuenbaumer Strasse 25
map
Part description:

Broad, closed brick courtyard, built in the mid-19th century (in the keystone of the barn archway, the year 1850), proven as a courtyard location as early as 1811. It is a 2-storey house in 4 axes to the west, street-side gable 3-axis; Original entrance door on the courtyard side, blind window in the left axis. The Schroershof is one of the oldest courtyards in Allerheiligen.

Mid 19th century 04.02.1991 8/008 (1/423)
Wayside cross Wayside cross Rosellen
Neukirchener Strasse / corner of Bruchrandweg
map
Crossroads under linden, sandstone muddy, total height approx. 2.60 m, probably in the middle of the 19th century. High triple stepped base with profiled cover plate, on top of which is a stone cross with three-sided ends and a flat relief body; Inscription on the lower part of the base: Crucevixe Miserere. Mid 19th century 10.02.1992 8/009 (1/424)
Schwann monument Schwann monument Downtown
Neustraße
map
Part description:

In memory of Theodor Schwann (1810–1882), professor of anatomy and founder of the cell theory, a memorial erected as a seat image, created in 1908 by the Düsseldorf sculptor Josef Hammerschmidt. The monument is important for human history, especially for the development of memorials erected in memory of a person. The monument is worth preserving for local historical, scientific and artistic reasons. Theodor Schwann was born in Neuss.

1908 12.12.2005 1/359 (1/425)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 2
map
Part description:

Built in 1891 by Franz Josten, architect W. Schnitzler; Plastered facade with historicizing decorative shapes; 3-storey in 3 axes, gable roof; New windows on the upper floor and on the roof without bar formation, the ground floor has been significantly changed.

1891 04.04.1985 1/040 (1/426)
Residential building Residential building Neustraße 3
Map
Part description:

Built before 1892, plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes; 3-storey in 5 axes; Mansard roof; Base, ground floor changed by installing the shop. Entrance set back in the central axis via stairs. Windows and doors renewed. The staircase and the floor plan structure have been preserved inside. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons; one of the oldest evidence of civil building in the medieval city.

Before 1892 16.09.2010 1/403 (1/427)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 6
map
Part description;

Built in 1895 by the Kamper sisters, architect Cornelius Pannenbecker; Brick-plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 2-storey in 3 axes, extended attic, mansard roof. Modern shop fitting on the ground floor, recessed entrance in the left axis. 1980 conversion of the residential and commercial building; the double door is original, the windows have been renewed.

1895 09.01.1991 1/165 (1/428)
Facade and street-side roof area of ​​the residential and commercial building Facade and street-side roof area of ​​the residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 7
map
Part description:

Built in 1893 by Gustav Services, architect Josef Jansen; Brick-plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 3 axes, expanded attic, mansard roof, modern shop fitting on the ground floor. The central axis is emphasized by the gable crown; 1967 Reconstruction of the EC, windows renewed. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons; one of the oldest evidence of civil building in the medieval city.

1893 16.09.2010 1/404 (1/429)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 8
map
Part description:

Built in 1897 by Andreas Thewald, architect Jacob Renner; Brick-plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 4-storey in 4 axes, mansard roof. 1967 reconstruction of the EC; Original door with skylight and window on the upper floor.

1897 23.07.1990 1/157 (1/430)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 10
map
Part description:

Built in 1897 by the Cremer brothers, architect Wilhelm Fasbender; Brick-plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 3 axes, attic mansard roof. 1961 reconstruction of the EC; Doors and windows renewed.

1897 14.11.1990 1/158 (1/431)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 10a
map
Part description:

Built in 1897 by the Cremer brothers together with house no. 10b, architect Wilhelm Fasbender; Brick-plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 3 axes, attic mansard roof. Door and window renewed.

1897 15.11.1990 1/159 (1/432)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Neustraße 10b
Map
Part description:

Built in 1897 together with house no. 10a by the Cremer brothers, architect Wilhelm Fasbender; Brick-plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 3 axes, attic mansard roof. Door and window renewed.

1897 19.12.1990 1/163 (1/433)
Residential and commercial building (street facade) Residential and commercial building (street facade) Downtown
Neustraße 13
map
Part description:

Built before 1873. Theißen client, Floeren architect; 3-storey, 4-axis plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, modern shop fitting on the ground floor, original windows.

Before 1873 20.11.1997 1/274 (1/434)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 16/18
map
Part description:

Built in 1892/93 by furniture dealer Christian Schellens and architect Wilhelm Schnitzler. It is a 3-storey corner house in 7 or 2 axes and a corner axis with a 3-sided rectangular bay. Removed mansard roof. Shops on the ground floor. Plastered facades with rich neo-renaissance decorative shapes, on the ground floor also Art Nouveau decor. The house entrance door is partly original, the windows modernly renewed. The house is part of the Neustraße, the main axis of the Wilhelminian Neustadt beyond the former medieval city fortifications.

1892/93 21.08.1995 1/230 (1/435)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Neustraße 19
Map
Part description:

It is a corner house in 3: 3 + 2 axes with a mansard roof. Ground floor and first floor in the core before 1873; new 2-storey facade built in 1883 by innkeeper Jakob Hemmerden. Architect Wilhelm Schnitzler; The second floor was increased in 1893. The interior of the house has retained the original furnishings (floor, ceilings, lamps, paneling, inventory). The house is part of the Neustraße, the main axis to Wilhelminian Neustadt beyond the former medieval city fortifications.

before 1873 21.08.1995 1/223 (1/436)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Neustraße 21
map
Part description:

Built by Heinrich Müller in 1896/1907 and 1911/12, architect Robert Strerath. Part of the building facing Neustraße: Originally built in 1896. Rebuilt in 1907, plastered facade with historicized decorative shapes; 3-storey in 4 axes, expanded attic, mansard roof. Door and window renewed. Original balcony door on the 1st floor. Building section at the corner of Neustraße / Hamtorstraße: rounded corner axis, brick with ashlar structure ; 4-storey, developed attic, hipped roof. On the ground floor restaurant with entrance in the corner axis. 5-sided bay window above, original doors, windows renewed.

1896/1907 and 1911/12 06.01.1999 1/253 (1/437)
Residential house with commercial extension Residential house with commercial extension Downtown
Neustraße 25
map
Part description:

Probably built in 1862/63 by Franz Tosetti as the home and business seat of the C. & F. Tosetti company "Noodle factory and dealership in Oberland products", which opened on June 1, 1863. The 3½-storey front building, previously integrated into a closed row of houses, was used for residential purposes. The rear annex 1 ½ storeys, to the Erftgraben 2 ½ storeys. Extended by a third around 1900. Original entrance gate and first floor windows, the first floor windows faithfully renewed. The combination of a residential building and subsequent production rooms documents a building type from the early days of industrialization that has become rare in Neuss.

1862/63 20.10.1993 1/201 (1/438)
Postal service building Postal service building Downtown
Neustraße 28
map
Erected 1877–1879 on an H-shaped symmetrical floor plan. 2-storey, brick alternating with sandstone, representative facade designed in Renaissance architectural forms. Side wing in 7 axes with central entrance to Neustraße. Door on the courtyard side in the window grille stylized imperial eagle. Above the main cornice, the originally crowning balustrade with the imperial coat of arms, held by allegorical figures, no longer exists. 1877–1879 04.04.1985 1/054 (1/439)
Agricultural property (Böxhof) Agricultural property (Böxhof) Grefrath
Niederrheinstrasse
map
Stately courtyard at a historical location; 1480 sold to the Quirinus pen by the Lords of Reifferscheidt, acquired by Peter Josef Weidenfeld after the secularization; 5-wing brick courtyard, largely rebuilt in 1812 by Peter Josef Weidenfeld; Residential house on the west side 2-storey in 7: 3 axes, brick, windows and doors framed in the house, dated by anchor pins on the facade; large half-timbered barn with a half-hipped roof and bakery with half-timbered shed from the beginning of the 18th century. The other brick farm buildings from the end of the 19th century.

The courtyard is an important example of the building type of the exposed large farm from the time before 1900 and of the continuity of the locations of large courtyards. There is a public interest in maintaining and using the buildings and the associated open spaces, particularly for reasons of folklore and urban planning.

1812 24.03.1997 6/006 (1/440)
Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Grefrath
Niederrheinstrasse (am Böxhof)
map
In the newly designed system approx. 2.50 m high, made of sandstone, restored and partially supplemented structure: On a rectangular base with floral decoration in high relief above heavily weathered angel busts, sacrament console with deep rectangular niche, therein flat, barely recognizable crucifixion relief; illegible inscription on the niche lintel; Small stone cross over stepped cornice all around. The two linden trees and the chestnut in front of the right front corner belong to it.

The object is significant for human history as a clear, simple testimony to popular piety. There are public and folkloric reasons for the preservation of the wayside shrine.

unknown 30.03.2006 6/010 (1/441)
Residential and commercial building "Haus Niedertor" Residential and commercial building "Haus Niedertor" Downtown
Niederstraße 2 / Hafenstraße 1 u. 1a
card
Part description:

Built by Th. Herkenrath, architect Peter Bornheim, in 1923/25 as a conversion of the former Niedertormühle (first mentioned in a document in 1493) into a furniture department store with a subsequent, narrower new wing along Hafenstrasse. Parts of the older building substance have been preserved in the corner building. On Niederstraße there is a 4-storey brick facade in 3 axes with a three-storey stepped gable. Round windows framed in the top of the gable. Wrought iron split pins on the 3rd floor with the word HAUS NIEDERTOR; on the 4th floor the year 1923. On Hafenstrasse 4-storey facade in 10 axes, 7 of which belong to the new wing from 1925. New mullion-free windows on the whole house.

1923/25 11.08.1994 1/210 (1/442)
City wall section Niedertor and Hamtorplatz
more pictures
City wall section Niedertor and Hamtorplatz Downtown
Niederstrasse 5
map
The north-western section of the Neuss city fortifications between the former Lower Gate and the confluence with the Hamtorwall was heavily reshaped by modern interventions. Originally, the city fortifications at this point consisted of a wall ring from the 13th century, an outer wall ring from the 14th century that was parallel to each other at a distance of 16.5 m, and a moat in front of the field. The trench system was piped in the 19th century and built over by the then newly built row of houses Erftstraße 1-15. The inner wall ring, which was probably not more than sixty centimeters deep, was completely demolished in this section. From the outer wall ring of the 14th century, which is more than three meters deep, foundations have been found in the basement area. in the rear courtyard area of ​​the houses Niederstrasse 5 and Erftstrasse 5,7,9,11,13 and 15 preserved. The city wall, which is between 90 cm and 1.2 m wide, consists of layers of field fire bricks and basalts. In addition, a round tower has been preserved in the escape from the city wall. The cross section around 9 m. The measuring round tower is still preserved in the original wall substance in the basement and on the ground floor. In the basement, the basalt / tuff or basalt / brick masonry is around 1.2 m thick. The tower segment on the field side, protruding from the city wall, has a closed curve, the city side, only one third of the curve, is divided by four niches. The foundations of the outer city wall of the 14th century go off to the east and west of the tower.

The remains of the city wall on Niederstrasse and Erftstrasse are important evidence of Neuss' urban history. There is a public interest in their preservation and research, especially for scientific reasons.

13th century 09.07.2002 1/327 (1/443)
BW Medieval buildings and half-timbering from the middle of the 17th century. Downtown
Niederstrasse 47/49
map
The historical core of building 47-49 is a multi-storey building, originally gable-independent and divided in the ridge axis, half-timbered double house with a depth of 10 times. From the original, probably built around 1640 Cologne type community center are after renovation work in the 18th / 19th century. The eastern outer wall (in building no. 49), as well as the central wall on today's property boundary with the original brick infills, plasters and z. T. also received paintwork. The half-timbered structure of the eastern outer wall rests on the medieval stump of the wall and is approx. 5.5 m high. Seven bolt chains are pegged between the threshold and the frame. In the first and last compartment, the wall is stiffened in the upper corners with a frame stand brace. The approx. 8, The 5 m high central wall starts from the floor and has nine bolt chains between the threshold and the frame. The ceilings originally rested on two beams on the 1st floor and on three beams on the 2nd floor, the latter of which have still been preserved.

The medieval building fabric and the half-timbered structure from the middle of the 17th century represent an important testimony to the history of Neuss. The natural stone cellar and the medieval wall on the ground floor testify to the earliest stone construction phase of medieval Neuss. The half-timbered building from the middle of the 17th century represents the reconstruction after the city's destruction in 1586.

a 1640 09.01.2006 1/361 (1/444)
St. Sebastianus Church
more pictures
St. Sebastianus Church Downtown
Niederstrasse 65
map
1718–1720 under Superior Bernhard Schluns built as the fourth church on the square that was donated to the Sebastianus Brotherhood founded in 1415. Until 1802 church and monastery of a Franciscan III. Religious conventions; 1852–1873 Archbishop's Seminarium Marianum; 1873–1942 municipal house for invalids; 1942/43 destroyed except for the surrounding walls of the main nave; 1955/56 reconstruction without the Konvikt buildings originally adjoining in the west; since 1967 convent of the Eucharist.

Originally a two-aisled hall church made of grouted brick with a straight choir end in the south; straight entrance side in the north with curved gable, divided by four cornices, with round and oval windows, year of construction in anchor pins, the portal originally at the north end of the east side flanked by columns with blown gable; Long side with 6 high arched windows and colossal Ionic pilasters; Gable roof with 6-sided roof turret. On the west side new aisle-like wing as a connection to the new monastery. Significant testimony to the history of the church and town building, worth preserving for scientific and town planning reasons.

1718–1720 04.04.1985 1/041 (1/445)
Medieval canal section of the Erftmühlengraben Medieval canal section of the Erftmühlengraben Downtown
Niederstrasse crossing the north end
map
Closed canal built in the 14th century in the course of the city moat (Erftmühlengraben) in front of the outer city wall, crossing under the road to the Niedertor. Used as a mill canal for the Niedertormühle, first mentioned in a document in 1493. In the 15th century a second, inner wall was installed. Since 1895 section of the tunnel section of the Erftmühlengraben, which has been extended to the Erft Canal (harbor basin 1) in the course of the city's expansion. The barrel-vaulted one made of field fire bricks and a few basalt blocks with a length of 17 m the width of the street between the building lines of Niederstraße. Average interior height and width 210/75 cm.

The canal, in its original double function as "piping" for the city moat under the access road and as a mill canal, is a rare testimony to medieval engineering in Neuss. Traces of repair and removal reflect the continued use to this day. There is a public interest in the preservation and further use of the canal for reasons of city and technical history.

14th century 06.07.1995 1/211 (1/446)
Zaunanlage an der Nierenhofstraße Zaunanlage an der Nierenhofstraße Reuschenberg
Kidneyhofstrasse
Map
It is the remainder of the garden fence of Villa Margareta, which was destroyed in the Second World War. The Villa Margareta was the retirement home of the owners of Gutuckenhof, the married couple Heinrich Heusgen. The villa, built in 1910, was named after the wife. The Kidney Court itself was leased. In 1912 Heinrich Heusgen's widow sold the kidney farm to the city. However, she remained the owner of the villa. In 1923, after the widow's death, the city also bought the villa and rented it out. In 1943/44 the villa was destroyed by bombs.

It can be assumed that the bridle was built together with the villa around 1910. The square shape with an integrated triangle that adorns both the pillar archivolts and the vertical bars indicates this, among other things. The pillars and plinth are made of brick and plastered. The former gate entrance, which can be read from two larger pillars, was later closed and provided with a grille. The fence system shows considerable damage.

one 1910 04.02.2002 4/010 (1/447)
Erftbrücke (vault bridge) Erftbrücke (vault bridge) Selikum
Nixhütter Weg (Alter Gnadenthaler Weg)
map
2-arched vault bridge over the Erft in the course of the old Gnadenthaler Weg; Pillars, vaults and parapets made of field fire bricks, pillar edges in ashlar, central pillar upstream with ashlar stairs; At this point already in the MA Erft crossing at the former Cistercian department Gnadenthal, existing bridge probably built together with Gut and Mühle Gnadental around 1820, originally with water protection to regulate the water supply in the mill ditch branched off from the Erft; The parapet was renewed several times, most recently in 1986, with the carriageway support plate installed over the vaults. one 1820 12.08.1986 4/001 (1/448)
Umfluterbrücke (vault bridge) Umfluterbrücke (vault bridge) Selikum
Nixhütter Weg (Alter Gnadenthaler Weg)
map
1-arched vault bridge made of field fire bricks over the Erftflutgraben in the course of the Gnadentaler Mühle path. Brick parapet with short wing walls, slightly curved outwards. Downstream a fragmentarily preserved water barrier, also to regulate the water level of the Erft in front of the water wheel of the Gnadenthaler mill.

Worth preserving for reasons of building and economic history or because it belongs to the complex Gnadentaler Gut and Mühle.

unknown 12.05.1987 4/002 (1/449)
Napoleon Bridge (vault bridge) Napoleon Bridge (vault bridge) Nixhütterweg (Alter Gnadenthaler Weg)
map
1-arched vault bridge made of field fire bricks with a slightly raised apex over the Obererft in the course of the old Nixhütter Weg. The masonry parapet rising slightly towards the middle of the bridge, covered with a gable roof; the corner pieces of the cover made of sandstone. Long, angled wing walls, 4 sloping corner pillars. Until the relocation of road traffic to the new Nixhütterweg in 1965 as a road bridge, today only used as a road bridge.

Worth preserving as an important testimony to the development of road connections over the centuries, as an interesting example of technical architecture and as a particularly successful overall form of river-street-bridge.

unknown 12.05.1987 4/003 (1/450)
Riflemen in Selikumer Park Riflemen in Selikumer Park Selikum
Im Selikumer Park (Zugang Nixhütter Weg)
Map
Built in 1809 in connection with the north canal according to plans by A. Hagebau, as a replacement for an older structure, which presumably already served to divide the water in the Obererft (supply of the city ditches around Neuss) and Erftum flood. The aim of the new building was the regulated water supply from the Obererft into the north canal. Two-tier hydraulic structure made of ashlar blocks, mirror-symmetrical in plan. Between square pillars with a capital-like cover, 3 iron gates each adjustable by cast-iron racks; the two drains are framed with elongated, curved bank walls. Dam beam slots in both halves of the structure towards the upper water. On the semicircular weir head the inscription "MDCCCIX NAPOLEON EMPEREUR". Continuous service walkway on the underwater side largely renewed.

As an important testimony to the technology and engineering of the Napoleonic era, the building is worth preserving, especially for scientific and artistic reasons.

1809 27.05.1993 4/006 (1/451)
Weir in the Erft (so-called Napoleon weir) Weir in the Erft (so-called Napoleon weir) Selikum
Im Selikumer Park (Zugang Nixhütter Weg)
Map
Built in 1456 as a permanent overflow weir in the Erft, in order to feed the newly created Obererft with water through the backwater. Slightly curved stone barrier made of slanted ashlar blocks, between two-sided embankment walls. Former name "Ark". Renewed several times: 1740 according to the memorial stone on the wall head (copy; original in the armory); In 1809, when the Napoleonic North Canal was built, it was probably also increased. Popular name "Napoleonswehr".

The weir is an important testimony to major hydraulic engineering projects in Neuss; Worth preserving, especially for scientific reasons.

1456 01.06.1993 4/007 (1/452)
Hofanlage Gut Selikum Hofanlage Gut Selikum Selikum
Nixhütter Weg 143
Map
Part description:

Built 1859–62 by Baron Carl von Boeselager as a replacement for the farm yard of the neighboring Selikum house, which was demolished at the same time. 4-wing, 2-storey brick courtyard area half open to the east. South wing: stately home in 5 axes, flanked by narrower and lower residential / service areas. Residential house with gable walls that are pulled forward to the sides and over the roof. West side wing with arched window, street side in 3 × 2 axes, courtyard side in 3 axes, here wide entrance door with sandstone walls in the central axis. In the eastern side wing next to the residential building, courtyard entrance. North wing: Barn wing with a high vaulted cellar in the western head part. West wing: stables. Field-side front in 7 axes.East wing: Free-standing, gable-independent carriage hall, formerly also horse stable and forge

The courtyard is an important example of the type of large farm building in the 2nd half of the 19th century and, at the same time, of the historical continuity of the locations of large courtyards. There are artistic, scientific and urban planning reasons for the preservation and use.

1859–62 11.07.1988 4/004 (1/453)
Arch bridge in front of Reuschenberg Castle
more pictures
Arch bridge in front of Reuschenberg Castle Selikum
Nixhütter Weg 145
Map
1-arched vault bridge made of red field fire bricks, masonry cover made of stone slabs; probably built in 1847 together with Reuschenberg Castle by Baron Carl von Boeselager in alignment with the central axis of the main facade; Slightly curved parapet in the middle of the bridge with narrow, rectangular openings, central pillars offset to the rear, here a wing wall curved far outwards on both sides, end pillars with a stone ball, two pillars standing one behind the other with iron rods towards the castle.

The bridge leading over the inner moat is an important part of the historical palace complex.

1847 06.03.1990 4/005 (1/454)
Reuschenberg Castle
more pictures
Reuschenberg Castle Selikum
Nixhütter Weg 145
Map
Part description:

Castle building built in 1847 in place of older facilities with the round moth hill of a 2-part medieval low castle, builder Baron Carl von Boeselager; 2-storey in 5: 3 axes, central axis of the main facade 5-storey raised and polygonal with a helmet roof; Saddle roofs; 1964 renovation (ceilings and stairs made of reinforced concrete, new roof structure, front door, original window renewed in style); Shutters; the builder's coat of arms above the front door; in the south wall a coat of arms stone of Johann Wilhelm von Reuschenberg from 1634. Gatehouse On the plateau of the outer bailey probably built in 1847 together with the castle; Repaired in 1993 after storm damage; 2-storey made of brick and half-timbered, gable roof; Former boarding school buildingErected around 1928, expanded in 1969; 1 ½ storey in 3: 2 axes, saddle roof, extended attic; simple brick facade with sparing expressionistic details; on the southern gable side a rectangular bay window on the ground floor, bay facade accentuated by horizontal rows of clinker brick; narrow terrace on the east side; Arched bridge in front of the castle See monument 4/005 Former Niederungsburg Haus Selikum, now Reuschenberg castle See ground monument 4/003

The facility documents the continuity of the Selikum settlement from the Middle Ages to the present day with constant structural adjustments. Castle and gatehouse are worth preserving for reasons of settlement history, territorial history, architectural history and urban planning. The boarding school building is worth preserving as an important testimony to the architecture of the 1920s.

1847 02.11.1999 4/009 (1/455)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 2
map
Part description:

Built around 1912. 3-storey corner house in 4: 5 axes with expanded hipped roof. In the corner area of ​​the ground floor shop, otherwise 2 apartments per floor, accessed via a staircase in the inner corner of the building.

One 1912 10.12.1990 3/008 (1/456)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 6
map
Part description:

House built around 1912, separated from the street by a front garden, in a closed row, 3-storey, with an extended mansard roof. On the street side, 3-axis plaster facade with scarce decorative shapes between Art Nouveau and New Objectivity. House entrance door and ground floor window original, otherwise extensively renewed. Basement garage with access ramp in the front garden area added in 1985. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 28.03.1994 3/013 (1/457)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 12
map
Part description:

Built around 1908 by manufacturer Felix Michels. Two-storey residential building on a high base, separated from the street by the front garden, with an extended mansard roof. Street-side sandstone facade in 4 axes, based on the transition style Rococo / Classicism. Original front door, window renewed. In the interior of the house, the original wooden staircase is particularly high-quality in the Rococo style. First representative residential building on the "Alleestraße" developed from 1904 onwards from widening the towpath along the northern canal.

one 1908 28.07.1993 3/014 (1/458)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 14
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, 3-storey with a saddle roof. Street-side plastered facade with Art Nouveau decorative shapes. House entrance door and window partly not faithfully renewed. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 28.03.1994 3/015 (1/459)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 16
map
Part description:

Built around 1910, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, 3-storey with a saddle roof. Builder and architect Heinrich Ingerfeld, who lived there until 1935 and had his office on the ground floor. Street-side plastered facade with decorative shapes between Art Nouveau and new objectivity. House entrance door and window partly renewed. Interior largely original; The entrance hall with its floor and half-height wall paneling in white and black marble is particularly noteworthy. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal and also as the long-standing place of activity of the Neuss-based architect Heinrich Ingerfeld, important evidence of the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1910 28.03.1994 3/016 (1/460)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 18
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, 3-storey with a saddle roof. Street-side plaster facade in 3 axes with Art Nouveau decorative shapes. Original gate, front door and window. The spatial structure of the interior of the house has been partially changed by installing light partition walls. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 02.11.1995 3/017 (1/461)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 20
map
Part description:

Built around 1909/10 and separated from the street by a front garden, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, 3-storey with a mansard roof. Builder and architect Heinrich Ingerfeld. Street-side plastered facade divided into 2 axes, with concise decorative shapes between Art Nouveau and new objectivity. Left axis accentuated by bay windows over 3 floors. Modern renewed windows. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1909/10 28.03.1994 3/018 (1/462)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 22
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, set off from the street by a front garden, 2-storey with a saddle roof and a dwelling across the entire width of the house as the 3rd storey. Street-side plastered facade with scarce decorative shapes between Art Nouveau and new objectivity. Modern renewed windows. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 28.03.1994 3/019 (1/463)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 24
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, 3-storey with a wide roof house and a saddle roof. Street-side plastered facade in 3 or 5 axes with scarce decorative shapes between historicism and art nouveau. House entrance door, balcony door and richly decorated balcony railing probably original. The windows mostly modern renewed. In the ensemble of the largely originally preserved row of houses with front garden zone along the north canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 28.03.1994 3/020 (1/464)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 42
map
Part description:

Built around 1905/10; Plaster and slate facade; 3-storey with a base and gable on the right and mezzanine on the left, gable roof. Window frames in plaster; Door in its original condition, windows mostly in its original condition (wooden frame with rung division).

One 1905/10 06.01.1986 3/006 (1/465)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 44
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, has 3 floors and a mansard roof. Street side 3-axis brick / plaster facade with Art Nouveau decorative shapes. House entrance door and window on the 2nd floor modernized. Original front garden edging made of stone plinth, low corner pillars and tight iron railing. Together with the neighboring houses as a largely original group of houses with a front garden zone along the northern canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's architecture, which is particularly worth preserving for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 18.04.1994 3/022 (1/466)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 46
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, 3-storey with an extended mansard roof and mid-roof over the entire width of the house as the 4th storey. Street side 3-axis plaster facade with Art Nouveau decorative shapes. House entrance door presumably original, modern windows renewed. Together with the neighboring houses as a largely original group of houses with a front garden zone along the northern canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's architecture, which is particularly worth preserving for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 18.04.1994 3/023 (1/467)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee 48
map
Part description:

Built around 1912, an eaves-standing house in a closed row, separated from the street by a front garden, has 3 floors and a mansard roof. Street-side plastered facade in a historicizing design with Art Nouveau decorative shapes. House entrance door and window (based on the original subdivision) renewed. The interior of the house is essentially original; Particularly noteworthy is the room layout as multi-storey apartments with an internal atrium. Together with the neighboring houses as a largely original group of houses with a front garden zone along the northern canal, this is an important testimony to the history of the city's architecture, which is particularly worth preserving for urban planning reasons.

One 1912 18.04.1994 3/024 (1/468)
Relief structure "Epanchoir" on the Obererft Relief structure " Epanchoir " on the Obererft Dreikönigenviertel
Nordkanalallee
map
Built in 1809 in connection with the North Canal according to plans by A. Hageau. Relief system opposite the feeding of the upper water into the north canal perpendicular to the axis of the canal. Between 5 pillars made of Brabant limestone on a square plan there are 4 openings, of which the inner ones, each 1 m wide, can be closed with gates. The 8 m long retaining walls are designed as stairs downstream. For additional sealing of the central openings to be regulated by the shooters, there are wall slits in their common drainage for a double stop log closure. Behind the weir, the floor is laid out over a length of 8 m with wooden beams to protect against undercutting. Towards the canal, the weir opening widens like a funnel from 12 m to 25.4 m. At the level of the pier heads there was an iron rail to guide the tow lines. A footbridge runs across the entire width of the weir, from which the two middle gates can be operated with the help of cast iron racks. 1809 27.05.1992 1/177 (1/469)
Wayside shrine Wayside shrine Holzheim
Nordstrasse 72
map
Way cross built in neo-Gothic form from the 2nd half of the 19th century; Sandstone, iron grating; over a square plate, delimited by small bollards, divided into two sections; in the middle block deep segmental arch niche with figure of the Madonna and angels; Cover hood, crowning cross on a neo-Gothic substructure; lower ends of the iron grating in front of the niche formed in the letters "AVE MARIA"; crowning cross renewed.

Worth preserving as a historical crossroads for reasons of religious history and folklore.

2nd half of the 19th century 18.03.1997 7/008 (1/470)
Parish Church of St. Andrew
more pictures
Parish Church of St. Andrew Norf
Norfer Kirchstrasse 42/44
map
Part description:

Built 1765–69 as a single-aisled hall church with vicarie of Hofrat Carl Dominikus von Schwartz according to the plan of the general surveyor Nosthoffen, house chapel for the ladies of the Müggenburg monastery. Taken over by the parish of St. Andreas in 1820 after the Romanesque village church at Norfer Hof was abandoned. 1857/68 extension of the north tower and 1911/13 extension of the hall building with 2 side aisles, including the vicariate, architect Klaus Röhlinger. Inside a closed spatial impression: the original Rococo furnishings have largely been preserved, including choir stalls, communion bench, pulpit, confessionals, community pews, Madonna chandeliers, standing figures on the pillars and above the side altars. Curved singing and organ gallery at the north end of the central nave. Significant evidence of church and local history,

1765–69 09.12.1992 8/011 (1/471)
Wayside cross Wayside cross Grimlinghausen
Norfer Strasse in front of No. 11
map
End of the 18th century. To the left of its original location, about 1.70 m high translocated cross attachment: On a modern, base-less concrete shaft, about 0.60 m high, made of trachyte cross with clover-leaf ends and reused full-round, rural crucifixus.

The object is significant for human history as a vividly preserved, simple testimony to popular piety. In addition to the public interest, there are scientific, in particular local historical and folkloric reasons for maintaining the crossroads.

End of the 18th century 30.03.2006 9/010 (1/472)
Obertor
more pictures
Obertor Downtown
Oberstrasse
map
Part description:

The only preserved archway of the former 6 city gates in Neuss was built in the 13th century and expanded in the 14th and 15th centuries; Tuff masonry with basalt set pieces and brick; on the field side 3-tier. Double tower gate with double high basement, flank towers with battlements and conical roofs, central building with hipped roof. 1903-06 reconstruction of the battlements, the formerly built-up west side exposed; since then connected to the neighboring Clemens-Sels-Museum, built in 1975, by bridge, 1983–85 repair work.

13th century 04.04.1985 1/042 (1/473)
Obertorkapelle
more pictures
Obertorkapelle Downtown
Oberstrasse 1
map
Part description:

1712/13 after demolition of an existing chapel in 1475 by the "Confraternitas Beatae Mariae Virginis Dolorosa" (Brotherhood of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Sorrows) and the city of Neuss, built according to plans by city architect Werner Josten. Simple single-nave brick hall building with a gable roof and an open bell tower as a roof turret, stretched across the eaves between the upper gate and a former monastery building similar to a residential building. The chapel is closely linked to the city's history. During the Burgundian siege of Neuss in 1474/75, the participants in a procession vowed to set up an "eternal" Saturday mass. The Brotherhood of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Sorrows, formed from council members, administered this foundation and also took care of the structural renovation of the chapel in 1712/13.

1712/13 22.06.1995 1/217 (1/474)
Former Obertork monastery Former Obertork monastery Downtown
Oberstrasse 3
map
Part description:

It is a 3-storey, gable-independent building in the format of a residential building, built in 1866 by the Neusser Cooperative of the Sisters of Mercy (Neuss Augustinian Sisters) under the superior Johanna Etienne, as a "Monastery of the Sorrowful Mother" base for social services and support for the adjacent chapel. The core of the building may be older (1712/13, together with the new chapel). Filigree iron cross on the triangular gable end. Entrance door with original skylight, the windows renewed true to the original. The interior of the house has largely been preserved in its original layout and furnishings. The former monastery building is an important testimony to the social work of the Neuss Augustinian women. The preservation and use of the building consists of urban history,

1866 22.12.1994 1/216 (1/475)
Residential buildings (facades and vaulted cellars) Residential buildings (facades and vaulted cellars) Downtown
Oberstrasse 7–9
map
Part description:

Two uniformly designed houses, built at the end of the 19th century; 1979/80 demolished except for the facades and the vaulted cellar and rebuilt together with the building wing on the left; Plaster facade with stone base; 2-storey, hipped mansard roof with attic house; No. 7 in 4 axes, in the two left axes gate entrance with segmental arch and mullion cornice, narrow entrance with skylight window in the right axis; No. 9 protruding slightly above the line from No. 7 in 5 axes, entrance set back in the central axis over 6 steps. All around the base cornice and cranked roof cornice with corner pilasters, the windows with keystones in the lintel arch; New windows with muntin division, No. 7 door, original condition, on the ground floor restaurant.

Late 19th century 04.04.1985 1/043 (1/476)
City Archives City Archives Downtown
Oberstrasse 15
map
Part description:

Built in 1778 as the imperial imperial post office and apartment of the Thurn und Taxis postal administrator PJ Nepes and his wife E. Leven. Plaster facade with classical structure; 3-storey in 7 axes and a hipped roof. Since the middle of the 19th century in the possession of the Sels family, who built a candle factory in place of the coach house, of which the rear building built in 1908 in brick with plastered structure, 3-storey in 3: 7: 4 axes, flat roof with pinnacles on the Narrow sides, like the main building used as the city archive since 1967 and connected to it by a glass corridor.

1778 04.04.1985 1/044 (1/477)
Former semi-detached house facade and cellar vault Former semi-detached house facade and cellar vault Downtown
Oberstrasse 17-19
map
Part description:

The building was constructed as a semi-detached house in 1787 by postal administrator Peter Joseph Nepes. The architect was Kaspar Hermkes. The facade is 3 storeys high and 7 axes wide. The window height decreases slightly from floor to floor. In the middle is the former gate entrance, spanned by a basket arch and flanked to the right and left by the front doors of the former semi-detached house. The cellar consists of a flat barrel vault made of brick. In 1985 it was expanded into a multi-purpose room. The building is important for the history of Neuss. Its well-proportioned design is based on the elaborate neighboring building of the Imperial Post Office by Michael Leydel, who initiated a change in the cityscape with this building and set standards for subsequent buildings.

1787 26.06.2007 1/396 (1/478)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Oberstrasse 58–60
map
Part description:

Built at the beginning of the 19th century; Plastered facade with late classical decorative shapes, ground floor in ashlar plaster; 3-storey in 8 axes, gable roof. Stone-walled windows; No. 58 changed by installing a shop on the ground floor, No. 60 on the ground floor window and door walled up, wooden windows with muntin division.

Early 19th century 04.04.1985 1/045 (1/479)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Parkstrasse 7
map
Part description:

Built in 1932 as the corner house of a row of houses by Dr. Schiffer, design and execution by Adolf Gürtler; 2-storey, expanded gable roof, brick facade, dormer window drawn over a corner; Street-side bay window on the ground floor, winter garden at the rear, balcony above. The house entrance on the street side is emphasized by the flat canopy. Original door and window; numerous original interior details; Front yard. Example of residential building architecture from the early 1930s.

1932 10.01.2000 3/054 (1/480)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Platz am Niedertor 10
map
Part description:

Built around 1895, details not known. 3-storey house in 3 axes with pitched roof, on the courtyard side 3-storey extension in 6 axes with pent roof. The street-side facade is made of yellow brick with plastered Neo-Renaissance decorative shapes. On the 1st and 2nd floor of the central axis, 1 balcony each on consoles. Modern doors and windows with all-glass panes.

one 1895 23.07.1987 1/104 (1/481)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Platz am Niedertor 18 and 19
map
Part description:

Built in 1927 by the client and architect Adolf Gürtler as a residential and medical supply store; 4-storey building dominating the square at the Niedertor, with 5-storey raised corner, 14: 4 axes, hipped roof, brick facade, plastered first floor; Ground floor with shop fitting, house entrance from No. 18 in the right axis, house entrance from No. 19 in the left axis. Ground floor with shop fittings and partly existing contemporary windows. Significant testimony to the way of living and living in the 1920s, worth preserving for scientific, architectural-historical, urban and plaza-defining reasons thanks to its vivid originality and its memorable location.

1927 12.02.1997 1/272 (1/482)
Marian college Marian college Stadium district
Preußenstraße 66
map
Part description:

The building erected in 1908/09 was designed by the architect Josef Kleesattel from Düsseldorf. The educational institution and home for school-leaving female welfare children and refuges for girls at risk opened on June 15. In 1929 the house was extended by a wing with a ballroom. In 1938 a gym was added. During the Second World War, the building served as a military hospital and was used as a hospital until 1951. The Archdiocese of Cologne acquired the building and it has been used as the Collegium Marianum since 1962. In 2007 the Neusser Bauverein acquiredAG the building. The building is a 2-storey complex with a mansard roof. The facade consists of plaster and stone. The main front shows 15 axes and is emphasized in the middle by a 3-axis risalit with a high mansard gable. In the interior of the building, the stairwells from the construction period are to be emphasized, as well as the original terrazzo floor and the original doors in the ground floor corridor of the left wing facing the street. The building is important for the history of the church and town planning in Neuss. Despite the renovation and expansion, a significant part of the original building stock has been preserved.

1908/09 20.02.2008 3/055 (1/483)
Blood tower Blood tower Downtown
Promenadenstrasse 14
map
Part description:

Well-preserved semicircular tower of the ma city wall, built in the 13th century; lower half made of basalt and tuff stone, upper floor made of brick, only the corbels of the former round arch frieze remain; Brick attachment from the 19th century, 3 small windows in a semicircle, arched opening to the city side, there two complete wall arches on basalt tuff pillars form the inner reinforcement and at the same time the substructure for the battlement, left arch walled with entrance, openings on both sides to the battlement in high , narrow round arches; loopholes in the base; 1984 repair.

13th century 04.04.1985 1/046 (1/484)
Former  Heart of Jesus hospital and nursing home for the elderly Former Heart of Jesus hospital and nursing home for the elderly Downtown
Promenadenstrasse 45–49
map
Part description:

Main building Promenadenstrasse / Klostergasse as a hospital with nursing home built 1899–1901, architect Wilhelm Fasbender; Brick building with gothic decorative shapes made of stone, 3-storey above a raised basement in 19: 5 axes with a developed hipped roof. Michaelstrasse side building, probably built as a nursing school around 1909, as a 3-storey plastered building with neoclassical decorative elements, a high hipped mansard roof with slate roofing and wide dormers. Main front in 5 axes. The interior of the building changed a lot after 1945.

a 1909 29.06.1987 1/110 (1/485)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Promenadenstrasse 57
map
Part description:

Built around 1905 together with house no. 59, with the same, mirror-inverted floor plans, but differently designed facades. 3-storey, 3-axis row house, saddle roof on a high jamb (mezzanine zone). Courtyard side small 3-storey extension from 1946. Street-side plastered facade with neo-baroque decor. The 4-part windows are original. The houses on Promenadenstrasse 57 and 59 are clear evidence of the urban development on the western edge of the ma city center after the city wall, rampart and moat were transformed into a green area.

a 1905 01.12.1993 1/206 (1/486)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Promenadenstrasse 59
map
Part description:

Built around 1905 together with house no. 57, with the same, mirror-inverted floor plans, but differently designed facades. 3-storey, 3-axis row house, saddle roof on a high jamb (mezzanine zone). Courtyard side small 3-storey extension from 1946. Street-side plastered facade with neo-baroque decor. The 4-part windows are original. The houses on Promenadenstrasse 57 and 59 are clear evidence of the urban development on the western edge of the ma city center after the city wall, rampart and moat were transformed into a green area.

a 1905 01.12.1993 1/207 (1/487)
Telecommunications Office Neuss Telecommunications Office Neuss Downtown
Promenadenstrasse 65–71
map
Part description:

Built in 1915/16 as a complex of 2 main buildings on Michaelstrasse and Promenadenstrasse and a connecting building in between. House Promenadenstrasse 65–71: 3-storey in 6 axes with a mansard roof, stepped side gables. Red brick with plinth on the street. Ground floor window with original wrought iron window bars. The building was partially destroyed by bombs in 1945, especially in the attic, rebuilt in 1946/50 Connecting building: 2-storey with a mansard roof and 3-storey with a mansard roof; 12 window axes, in the middle, raised staircase axis with stepped gable. Doors and window frames partially preserved. 1945 the southeast wing was severely damaged; Rebuilt in 1946/59. House Michaelstrasse 15–23:2-storey with extended mansard roof, the street-side facade 3-storey in 5 axes with 2 stepped gables above the two outer ones. Red brick with ashlar edging. Ground floor window with wrought iron window bars. Door and window frame probably original. Originally also wrought iron grille in the entrance gate. Important local evidence of state building activity in the Wilhelmine era; Worth preserving, especially for reasons of urban history and urban planning.

1915/16 22.07.1987 1/112 (1/488)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Quirinusstraße 11
map
Part description:

Built around 1850 together with the houses at Quirinusstraße 13 and 15 as a 3-storey brick facade in 3 axes with a gable roof. Windows and doors renewed. Access to a small cellar under the courtyard area through the floor hatch (part of the Quirinus monastery cellar).

One 1850 14.08.1996 1/271 (1/489)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Quirinusstraße 13
map
Part description:

Built around 1850; Part of the uniform corner development to Münsterplatz; Brick with ashlar base; 3-storey in 3 axes, gable roof; in the central axis set back entrance with ashlar frame, in the upper floor colossal pilaster with Ionic capitals, wide eaves with block frieze, window on the 1st floor suspected with cornices; Original door and window condition.

One 1850 04.04.1985 1/047 (1/490)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Quirinusstraße 15
map
Part description:

Built around 1850 on the corner of Münsterplatz together with the houses at Quirinusstrasse 11 and 13, brick with an ashlar plinth and structure; 3-storey in 3: 2: 3 axes with hipped roof; one entrance on each side of the central axis. 1980 Modernization and interior renovation, establishment of a shop in the vaulted cellars, doors and windows in their original condition.

One 1850 06.01.1986 1/071 (1/491)
Former farm Former farm Uedesheim
Rheinfährstraße 174
map
Part description:

Small brick courtyard in the village. House with adjoining stable wing and barn built in 1866, extension in 1901 with a separate stable building with adjoining shed facing the street. Eaves-standing house with gable roof, 1 ½ storey in 5 axes. Wall anchor as the year 1866 at ceiling height. Rear barn with segment arched door on the courtyard and field side, the latter e.g. Currently walled up. Stable building from 1901 with a gable roof 1 ½ storey in 5 axes. The group of buildings is one of the few, largely unchanged, small farms in Uedesheim, which had a strong economic and rural impact on the place until the middle of the century.

1866 25.02.1994 9/002 (1/492)
Church tower of the parish church St. Martinus Uedesheim
more pictures
Church tower of the parish church St. Martinus Uedesheim Uedesheim
Rheinfährstraße 200
map
Tower from 1453, 3-storey, made of rubble stones and faced with field fire bricks; top floor (now bell room) added after the fire of 1661, 4x2 sound windows in round arch form; Extremely valuable single-storey three-section wooden bell chair, probably 17th century; Bells - including a bronze bell, cast by Cort van Stommel in 1662 - hung on solid wooden yokes; Tower and belfry renovated in 1997, belfry equipped with a fourth bell; 17th and 18th century tombstones in the church area.

Worth preserving for reasons of architectural history and urban development; rare wooden bell chair of outstanding importance for carpentry technology and structural science.

1453 09.06.1997 9/003 (1/493)
Marienberg Church and School Marienberg Church and School Downtown
Rheinstrasse 1–3
map
Former Church and monastery of the canonies of regulated women choirs founded in 1439 by Aleidis vanme Stade and dissolved in 1802. Today's name Marienbarg (mons beatae Mariae) has been traceable since 1464.

Church:Consecrated to the title Mariae in 1462 (one year after the monastery donor's death) instead of the original house chapel. Badly damaged by the great city fire in 1586, largely rebuilt in the following years, consecrated again in 1607 by the Cologne auxiliary bishop Kripan. 1805 to 1906 Protestant parish church. In 1888 extensive restorations (new organ stage and grisaille windows). Catholic monastery and school church since 1911. 1944 destroyed except for the surrounding walls; 1953/54 Reconstruction according to the design of the Neuss architect Käthe Gilges, with the original ribbed vault replaced by a flat wooden ceiling, a north aisle attached to the originally single-nave nave, with a gallery above in connection with the extended west gallery; old inventory lost; Walled up choir window. Brick building partly plastered in extensions of the monastery wing. On the street side 5 buttresses with pointed arched windows in between, polygonal choir (5/8 end). Gable roof with 3 dormers, 8-sided, pointed roof turrets with bells from 1631 and 1792.Former Monastery and school: building badly damaged by the great city fire in 1586, reconstruction in the following years; Severe fire damage in 1685, then reconstruction and extensive extensions. 1856 Seat of the Catholic orphanage (moved to Rheydter Straße in 1908). Since 1857 the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus and girls' high school have settled down, 1877 to 1887 during the Kulturkampf the sisters are expelled, 1900–1912 considerable expansion of the school, to which almost all old monastery buildings fall victim. 1944–45 foreign labor camp of the Todt Organization, school operations resumed at the end of 1945. Now girls high school and commercial vocational school. Glockhammer building:Remains of the original monastery buildings, now the sisters' living quarters. Corner house Glockhammer / Rheinstraße, 2-storey in 9: 3 axes, plastered facade, expanded attic, hipped roof with dormers in the window axes. The windows with simple stone walls; Baroque central portal flanked by corner pilasters with volutes, crowning window, volutes on the side and profiled semicircular arch roofing. Windows (including stone surrounds) and pilaster portal faithfully renewed in 1957. School building Rheinstrasse:Built in 1928. The street-side wing is 2-storey (ground floor with auditorium at double storey height) with a half-hipped roof and a gabled dwarf house; Courtyard wing 3-storey. Street side plastered facade in 7 axes, with neo-baroque decorative shapes: in the greatly widened left ache, recessed entrance in ashlar plaster edging, with crowning on profiled beams, above and across the corner in the gable each 2 superimposed windows. The high rectangular windows on the ground floor with stone surrounds, sills on consoles and keystones. Emphasis on the center of the facade by a niche figure on the console and lamp on the ground floor and by a volute gable with a round window. Cornice between the ground floor and first floor. On the upper floor 3 groups of 3 rectangular windows each, to the side and between the windows, glare pilasters, above the middle group of windows, split gables with decorative shapes on the sides. Dormers on both sides of the gabled house. Front door and window renewed. Marienberg church and school are an important testimony to the city's history, both in terms of the buildings and their varied uses. There is a public interest in their preservation and further use for urban planning reasons as well as for church and school history reasons.

before 1439 06.11.1995 1/243 (1/495)
Residential building (facade) Residential building (facade) Downtown
Rheinstrasse 10
map
Part description:

Built in the first half of the 18th century by Mayor JH Jordans; 1972–74 demolished except for the facade and rebuilt as a restaurant; Plaster facade with stone plinth and walls; 2-storey in 5 axes, mansard roof with forelock; Entrance with a skylight window in the central axis. Doors and windows original condition.

1st half of the 18th century 04.04.1985 1/048 (1/496)
Residential building Residential building
City center Rheintorstrasse 10
map
Part description:

Built around 1870; Plastered facade with neo-renaissance decorative shapes, ground floor rusticated, upper floor square plaster, 2-storey with mezzanine in 6 axes, gable roof; the two central axes slightly drawn forward and emphasized by triangular gables with arched windows, recessed entrance in the left axis, windows with segmental arches and triangular gables suspected, windows in the mezzanine arranged in pairs; left gable side free-standing, smoothly plastered with a central window axis; The door is in its original condition except for the skylight, new two-part windows.

One 1870 04.04.1985 1/049 (1/497)
Residential building Residential building
City center Rheintorstrasse 12
map
Part description:

Built around 1870; Ribbon plaster facade with historicized decorative shapes; 2-storey in 5 axes, gable roof; in the central axis entrance with pilaster frame, above a 3-sided bay window with gable roof supported by consoles; Girdle and sill cornices and block friezes on the roof; new door and entrance steps, new two-part windows without muntin division.

One 1870 04.04.1985 1/050 (1/498)
Residential building Residential building
City center Rheintorstrasse 14
map
Part description:

Built around 1880; Ashlar facade with historicizing decorative shapes; 3-storey with mezzanine in 4 axes, gable roof; Entrance in the left axis, ledge, sill and console cornice, on the 2nd floor window sills on consoles; New door, in the upper floor new two-part or one-part windows without the formation of bars.

One 1880 04.04.1985 1/051 (1/499)
Residential building Residential building
City center Rheintorstrasse 16
map
Part description:

Built around 1890; Brick / plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 4 axes and a saddle roof. Front door and window renewed.

One 1890 24.10.2000 1/321 (1/500)