BLS Ce 2/4 727 and 787 - BLS Ce 2/4 727 und 787
|Ce 2/4 727 and 787|
|Type designation:||This 2/4|
| BN 727 |
| BLS 787 |
|Manufacturer:||SIG , MFO||SIG, BBC|
|Axis formula :||2'Bo '||(1A)(A1)|
|Length over buffers:||19'400 mm|
|Total wheelbase:||16'200 mm|
|Service mass:||35 t|
|Friction mass:||16 t|
|Top speed:||90 km / h|
|Hourly output :||221 kW (300 PS )|
|Starting tractive effort:||29 kN|
|Hourly traction:||12 kN at 64.5 km / h||13 kN at 60 km / h|
Drive and impeller |
|Number of drive motors:||2|
|Transmission ratio:||1 : 3,27|
The Ce 2/4 727 and 787 of the BLS Group , like other BLS railcars also referred to as the “ Blue Arrows ”, were two light railcars put into operation in 1935 for conductorless operation. One of the railcars was acquired by the Oensingen-Balsthal-Bahn (OeBB) in 1958 and operated as Be 2/4 201.
With so-called tram trains wanted Bern-Neuenburg train (BN) in the agglomeration Bern opposite the urban tram and be competitive in the individual transport. The vehicle concept was based on that of the popular SBB Red Arrows , which were intended to replace the cumbersome locomotive hauled trains when there was little traffic. The BLS joined the order with a second railcar on to a suitable vehicle for the excursion traffic on the Lötschberg route to have available. In contrast to the Red Arrows of the SBB, the Ce 2/4 were already with pulling and bumpers when they were delivered equipped to be able to carry a reinforcement trolley.
In the mechanical part, which came from the Swiss Industrial Society (SIG), the two outwardly similar railcars differed in the bogies . Railcar 727 of the BN had the axle formula 2'B 0 'with a bogie and a motor bogie. Number 787 with axle arrangement (1A) (A1) rested on two SIG-Liechty bogies with steering axles and a very large wheelbase of 3400 mm. The relatively low top speed of 90 km / h made it possible to use the peg bearing drive on both vehicles .
The self-supporting car body in lightweight steel construction had a low floor height and was lightweight. The large ventilation grille in the forehead gave the blue arrows a peculiar appearance and led to its nickname "Chroteschnurre" (toad snout). The sliding side doors were operated with compressed air. The two light railcars with seating arrangements 2 + 3 were painted blue / cream like the other BLS light railcars .
The electrical equipment of the 727 came from Maschinenfabrik Oerlikon (MFO), that of the 787 from BBC . For weight reasons it was kept modest. On the roof there was a pantograph , a simple roof fuse and the resistors of the drag brake . The transformer , tap changer and reversing switch could be found in the area in front of the driver. This led to its seat being placed in the area of the entrances. The two traction motors were self-ventilated.
Changes and modifications
In the case of the 787 railcar (1945 to 1958: 721), the bogies were simplified due to the costly maintenance around 1935 by expanding the Liechti axle steering. To avoid the long roof line, the pantograph was moved to the other end of the roof above the transformer and the step switch was replaced by a hopper control . In 1958 the Oensingen-Balsthal-Bahn (OeBB) bought the railcar and named it Be 2/4 201. In 1963 its electrical resistance brake with the roof resistors was removed and the address was changed from ÖBB to OeBB. In 1975, the OeBB removed the toilet and painted the railcar in light blue. In 1999 it received the original BLS paint and in 2005 it was scrapped.
With the abolition of the first car class in 1956, both railcars were designated as Be 2/4.
After delivery, both railcars were assigned to the Bern- Holligen depot and used as trams on the lines of the BN, the Gürbetalbahn and the Bern-Schwarzenburg-Bahn , although the entire route was rarely used. The increasing demand for transport led to the provision of additional cars, which made it necessary to be accompanied by conductors.
Due to the small amount of space available, the Be 2/4 722 was withdrawn from regular traffic in 1964 and provided temporary assistance to the OeBB when their railcar 201, which was taken over by BLS in 1958, failed. After being phased out in 1974, its traction motors were removed as spare parts. The rest of the light rail car was returned to its original color and exhibited in the Swiss Museum of Transport .