4th Royal Bavarian Infantry Brigade - 4. Königlich Bayerische Infanterie-Brigade
- 12th Infantry Regiment "Prince Arnulf" in Neu-Ulm
- 15th Infantry Regiment "King Friedrich August of Saxony" in Neuburg an der Donau
- District command Dillingen
- District command Mindelheim
The large association was established on November 27, 1815 as the 4th Infantry Brigade of the Munich General Command .
The brigade was used at the beginning of the First World War as part of the 6th Army on the Western Front. From April 1, 1915, the brigade staff of the march was called the 21st Infantry Brigade , which was subordinate to the newly established 11th Infantry Division , and left the 2nd Division. With the brigade staff of the 3rd Infantry Brigade , the 4th Infantry Brigade continued to exist in the 2nd Division until the end of the war.
|Major general||Philipp Straub||1867 to 1870|
|Major general||Rudolph von der Tann-Rathsamhausen||1870 to 1873|
|Major general||Joseph Hebberling||1873 to 1874|
|Major general||Otto von Schmidt||December 4, 1874 to February 28, 1882|
|Major general||Celsus from Girl||1882 to 1888|
|Major general||Arnulf of Bavaria||1884 to 1887|
|Major general||Hugo Helvig||1888 to 1892|
|Major general||Hermann Durlacher||1892 to 1895|
|Major general||Friedrich Lehmann||1895 to 1896|
|Major general||Ludwig von Winneberger||1896 to 1900|
|Major general||Karl Reisner von Lichtenstern||1900 to 1901|
|Major general||Heinrich Goeringer||1901 to 1903|
|Major general||Eduard Hagen||1903 to 1904|
|Major general||Karl von Köppel||1904 to 1908|
|Major general||Karl Buyer||April 1, 1908 to 1911|
|Major general||August Ipfelkofer||March 28, 1911 to 1913|
|Major general||Karl Schoch||1913 to April 1, 1915|
|Major general||Franz of Bavaria||March 26, 1915 to October 10, 1916|
|Major general||Wilhelm von Reitzenstein||October 10, 1916 to July 6, 1918|
|Oberst||Ludwig von Vallade||July 6, 1918 until the end of the war|
- Konrad Krafft von Dellmensingen , Friedrichfranz Feeser : The Bavaria book of the world wars 1914-1918. Chr. Belser AG. Publishing bookstore. Stuttgart 1930.
- Günter Wegner: Germany's armies until 1918. Volume 10: Bavaria. Biblio Publishing House. Osnabrück 1984.
- Rudolf von Kramer, Otto Freiherr von Waldenfels: The royal Bavarian military Max-Joseph-Order. Self-published by the kb Military Max Joseph Order. Munich 1966.