4th Mechanized Body - 4.º Cuerpo Mecanizado
|4th Mechanized Body|
|Active||July of 1940 - August of 1941|
| Mikhail Ivanovich Potapov |
Andréi Andréyevich Vlásov
|Wars and battles|
| World War II |
Uman Stock Exchange
Formed in July 1940 , the corps was formed in the composition of the Kiev Special Military District , as an entity above the 6th Army . The body was stationed in Lvov . Destroyed at the Uman Stock Exchange in August 1941 .
- The command of the corps of the troops were part of the Lviv region based on the 49th Rifle Corps .
The 8th Tank Division was formed on the basis of the 24th Liger Tank Brigade . In addition, the formation of the 51st Tank Regiment , 54th Tank Battalions of the 10th Tank Brigade .
- The Motorized Rifle and Howitzer Regiment comprises the 608th Motorized Rifle Regiment , 146th Motorized Rifle Division and the 220th Howitzer Regiment of the 7th Motorized Rifle Division . In September of 1940 the 8th howitzer regiment received new shells 152mm howitzer M1938 (M-10) and tractors STZ-5 . Machining the regiment received 20 of January of 1941 new models howitzer 122mm howitzer M1910 / 30 .
- The 10th Tank Division consisted mostly of the 23rd Light Tank Brigade troops . In addition, to complete the division and to be completed, it will include the 57th Tank Battalion , 62nd Tank Battalion , 222nd Reconnaissance Company , 77th Communications Company , 312th Transportation Company of the 10th Heavy Tank Brigade , 257th Rifle Regiment and 280th Light Artillery Regiment of the 7th Rifle Division and the 146th Rifle Division .
- The 81st Motorized Division also served the mechanized corps. In January of 1940 the division was mobilized (at position 12 000). The 280th Rifle Regiment was either disbanded or the 142nd Artillery Regiment , part of the division, was returned to formation, returning to the 79th Rifle Division .
- Starting from the 305th Tank Battalion, the 53rd Tank Regiment was formed , again forming a repair battalion.
- The November to June of 1940 , the division moved to the area Zablotov , where he became part of the 12th Army , participating in the annexation of Bessarabia and Bucovina .
- The November of July of 1940 , the 81st Motorized Division was dissolved in Lviv , included in the formation of the 4th Mechanized Corps.
- The completion date of corps formation initially set for June 30 and then August 9 , 1940 .
- The 10th Tank Division leaves the formation and is assigned to the 15th Mechanized Corps , and transferred to Lviv , and is replaced by the 32nd Tank Division , on the basis of the 30th Liege Tank Brigade . On 20 February as as 1941 the body was composed 632 tanks.
- Mikhail Ivanovich Potapov - ( June 4 , 1940 - January 17 , 1941 )
- Andrei Andreyevich Vlasov - ( 17 of January of 1941 - July of 1941 )
- Vasily Timofeyevich Volsky
Major State Boss
Order of Battle
- 8th Tank Division
- 10th Tank Division , in March of 1941 is assigned to the 15.º Mechanized Corps and replaced by the 32nd Tank Division
- 32nd Tank Division ( June 22 , 1941 )
- 81st Mechanized Rifle Division consists of:
- 36th Mechanized Rifle Brigade
- 59th Mechanized Rifle Brigade
- 60th Mechanized Rifle Brigade
- 55th Tank Regiment
- 158th Tank Regiment