4EU+ Alliance - 4EU+ Alliance
|founding||March 10, 2018|
The 4EU + Alliance (also 4EU + European University Alliance ) consists of six European full universities: Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic), Heidelberg University (Germany), Sorbonne University (Paris, France), Copenhagen University (Denmark), the University of Milan (Italy) and the University of Warsaw (Poland).
The alliance was launched in 2017 by Charles University, Heidelberg University, Sorbonne University and Warsaw University; the official founding act took place on March 10, 2018 with the signing of a joint declaration in Paris. The universities in Copenhagen and Milan joined the alliance in October 2018.  On February 28, 2019, the 4EU + Alliance, along with 53 other university alliances, submitted an application for funding as part of the "European Universities" tender of the EU Erasmus + program.  The application for funding was accepted.  
tasks and goals
The aim of the 4EU + Alliance is, according to its own statements, cooperation in the areas of study, teaching, research and administration as well as the development of an infrastructure that seamlessly connects students, teachers, researchers and administrative staff. 
- Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Heidelberg University (Heidelberg, Germany)
- Sorbonne University (Paris, France)
- University of Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- University of Milan (Milan, Italy)
- Warsaw University (Warsaw, Poland)
facts and figures
The universities of the 4EU + Alliance are located within the four major European regions  selected by the European Union for the implementation of macro-regional and cross-border strategies (Adriatic, Alps, Baltic and Danube).
|Erasmus + projects||243|
|Funding under Horizon 2020||368 million €|
- Official website (English)
- Mission Statement. 4EU + European University Alliance, February 1, 2019, accessed on May 2, 2019 .
- 4EU+ Alliance responds to the Erasmus+ European Universities call. 4EU+ European University Alliance, 28. Februar 2019, abgerufen am 2. Mai 2019 (englisch).
- RiffReporter: European Universities: EU Commission selects the first 17 networks. Retrieved July 4, 2019 .
- German universities play a leading role in European networking: First 'European universities' selected. Retrieved July 4, 2019 .
- EU macro-regional strategies. Routes4U - joint programme between the Council of Europe and the European Union, abgerufen am 2. Mai 2019 (englisch).