4SC (company) - 4SC (Unternehmen)
4SC AG |
|Seat|| Planegg-Martinsried / Munich , |
|Number of employees||44 (2019)|
|sales||2.1 million Euros (2019) |
|As of December 31, 2019|
The 4SC AG is a German biotechnology company . The company, which has been traded in the Prime Standard on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange since December 2005, has its headquarters in Planegg-Martinsried near Munich . 4SC AG researches and develops targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer . 
In the past few years, 4SC AG has succeeded in building up a product pipeline with low molecular weight substances that are intended to offer benefits in terms of effectiveness and fewer side effects for the respective therapeutic areas. According to its own information, the company concentrates on promising research fields such as epigenetics , cancer stem cells , cancer immunotherapy and other important cellular communication patterns that contribute to the development and maintenance of cancer and autoimmune diseases.
Sales at the end of the 2014 financial year amounted to EUR 7.055 million and net profit was EUR -9.696 million.  In December 2011, she formed the subsidiary 4SC Discovery GmbH.
4SC AG's business model is geared towards researching and developing innovative, targeted, small-molecule drugs.  The aim of 4SC is to finance its own research and development programs with income from operations and to develop into a sustainably profitable company. The company focuses on the two indication fields of cancer and autoimmune diseases. Both areas promise great sales potential for those interested in the pharmaceutical industry for the following reasons: 
- Continuously increasing patient numbers due to demographic change
- High medical need for new therapy options
- Inadequate treatment options, especially in oncology
- Administration of low molecular weight substances in tablet form offers advantages for patients and health economics.
4SC AG was founded in 1997. One of the founding members of 4SC AG, Daniel Vitt is on the company's board of directors. At the end of March 2013, co-founder Ulrich Dauer resigned from his position as CEO, which he had held since 2000. Enno Spillner, who has been the company's CFO since 2005, has been appointed as his successor. Before joining 4SC, Enno Spillner had been Head of Finance & Controlling at BioM AG since the beginning of 1999. In September 2001 he also took over the management of the BioM VC Fund as a partner. Spillner started his professional career as an assistant to the management at MediaPlus Spezialagentur für Media GmbH in Munich. 
In July 2015, 4SC AG carried out a capital increase and was able to achieve financing proceeds of EUR 29 million. The company intends to use the proceeds to conduct a clinical study with the active ingredient resminostat in the tumor indication of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL). 
- Jason Loveridge
Clemens Doppler (chairman), Joerg von Petrikowsky (deputy), Irina Antonijevic, Helmut Jeggle, Helga Rübsamen-Schaeff, Manfred Rüdiger 
The product pipeline of 4SC AG currently has four drug candidates in various stages of clinical development as well as several programs in early research phases.  The most advanced product is resminostat (4SC-201), a histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor for the treatment of cancer. Resminostat is or has been developed by 4SC and its Japanese partner company Yakult Honsha in the indications of liver cancer , Hodgkin lymphoma , colon cancer and non-small cell lung cancer . 
The epigenetic cancer compound 4SC-202 is being developed in a study in patients with blood cancer, the first results of which were presented at the ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) cancer congress in mid-2014 .  The active ingredient 4SC-205 was tested in a clinical study in cancer patients with solid tumors and the results were presented in mid-2015 at the ASCO Cancer Congress.  
- Santo Holding 48,1 % (s. a. Literaturempfehlung)
- FCP 7.2%
- Wellington Partners 6,6 %
- Roland Oetker 3.5%
- Founders & Management 0.7%
- Other 34%
- "Tremendous drive", the Hexal founders Strüngmann talk about their billion-dollar investments. manager magazin, issue 9, 2008
- Annual Report 2019. (PDF) In: 4sc.de. Retrieved June 5, 2020 .
- The company 4SC AG. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 13, 2013 ; Retrieved September 2, 2013 .
- Financial figures of 4SC AG. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on May 2, 2015 ; accessed on November 11, 2015 .
- business model of 4SC AG. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 1, 2013 ; Retrieved September 2, 2013 .
- Company, management, board of 4SC AG. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on January 9, 2016 ; accessed on November 11, 2015 .
- 4SC AG secures EUR 29 million from a capital measure to finance the planned clinical development program for the cancer active ingredient resminostat ( Memento of March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), PM 4SC of July 7, 2015, accessed on November 11, 2015
- Management - 4SC AG. In: www.4sc.de. Retrieved September 22, 2016 .
- Supervisory Board of 4SC AG. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on March 23, 2016 ; accessed on November 11, 2015 .
- The 4SC AG product pipeline. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on September 27, 2014 ; accessed on July 31, 2014 .
- 4SC publishes positive topline data from phase I study with epigenetic cancer drug 4SC-202 in patients with blood cancer at the ASCO Cancer Congress. Retrieved July 31, 2014 .
- 4SC presents final results from the Phase I AEGIS study at ASCO as well as the rationale for the daily dosage schedule for the cancer active ingredient 4SC-205 ( memo of March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), PM 4SC of June 3, 2015, accessed on November 11 2015
- 4SC reports positive results of the clinical phase I study with 4SC-205 in cancer patients and starts an expansion of the study. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on August 12, 2014 ; accessed on July 31, 2014 .
- As of November 2015, the shareholder structure. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on December 21, 2015 ; accessed on November 11, 2015 .
- Basic data on 4SC shares. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on October 18, 2015 ; accessed on November 11, 2015 .