55th infantry regiment - 55e régiment d’infanterie
Verbandsabzeichen des 55 e régiment d'infanterie (1939)
|active||1644 to 1940|
|Armed forces||french army|
|Branch of service||Mountain Infantry|
|Patron saint||Saint-Maurice d'Agaune|
The 55 e régiment d'infanterie was a French infantry regiment (most recently the mountain infantry) that existed until 1940. In the royal army of the Ancien Régime it was ranked number 19 until January 1, 1791.
Lineup and significant changes
- 11 June 1644: Establishment of the Regé de Condé by a letter of cachet
- 1650: cashed 
- 1651: erected again
- 1651: collected
- November 7, 1659: erected again
- 1. Januar 1791: Umbenennung in 55 th line infantry regiment ( formerly Condé) 
- May 3, 1794: In the course of the Premier amalgame , the 2nd Battalion was used to set up the 110 e demi-brigade de bataille.
- June 20, 1794: the 1st battalion was used to set up the 109e demi-brigade de bataille. This ends the line of tradition of the regiment.
- 1803 : The 55 e demi-brigade d'infanterie (Deuxieme amalgame), composed of the
- 1. vormaligen Battalion 28 th Infantry Regiment
- 2nd and 3rd Battalion the volontaires de l ' Ardèche (2nd and 3rd Freiwilligenbataillon the Ardeche)  was for 55 a regiment of infantry de ligne
- 1815: on August 16, the Avignon regiment was disbanded. The personnel depot was used to set up the new unit "Légion du Vaucluse"  . In 1820, the “18 e régiment d'infanterie léger” (18th light infantry regiment) was formed from the “Légion du Vaucluse” .
- 1820 : the "72 e légion de la Seine" became the new "55 e régiment d'infanterie".
- 1830: By order of September 18, a fourth battalion was set up. The regiment now had a staff of 3,000 men. 
- After the First World War the regiment was disbanded
- 1939 : At the beginning of the war, it was reorganized as the 55 e régiment d'infanterie alpine (55th mountain infantry regiment)
Masters / Colonels / Brigade Chiefs
Mestre de camp was from 1569 to 1661 and from 1730 to 1780 the denomination of rank for the regiment owner and / or for the officer in charge of the regiment. The name "Colonel" was used from 1721 to 1730, from 1791 to 1793 and from 1803 onwards.
- 11. Juni 1644: Henry II. de Bourbon, prince of Condé
- 31. Dezember 1646: Louis II. de Bourbon, prince of Condé
- 28. Dezember 1686: Louis III. de Bourbon, prince of Condé
- 1. April 1710: Louis IV. Henri de Bourbon, Prince of Condé
- 27. Januar 1740 bis 1792: Louis V. Joseph de Bourbon, prince of Condé .
After 1792 there were no more regimental owners.
If, as in the present case, the Mestre de camp / Colonel is a person of the high nobility who had no interest in leading the regiment, the command was given to the “Mestre de camp lieutenant” (or “Mestre de camp en second ”) or left to the colonel lieutenant or colonel en second.
- 11. Juni 1644:? Count of Royer de Saint-Micauld (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- 25. Juli 1648: Charles-Antoine de Humes, Comte de Cherizy (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- 26. Februar 1651: Guillaume Le Sens, marquis de Folleville (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- 13. September 1651:? of Montsaulnin, Marquis de Montal (Lieutenant Master)
- 20. Januar 1660: Philippe-Emmanuel de Royer, count of Saint-Micauld (Mestre de camp-lieutenant dann Colonel-lieutenant)
- 30. März 1673: Louis de Mailly, Marquis de Nesle (Colonel-lieutenant)
- November 1688: Comte de Montmorency (Colonel-lieutenant)
- 15. Juli 1695: Marc, knight of Montmorency (Colonel-lieutenant)
- 18. April 1710: Philippe-Claude de Beaufort, marquis de Montboissier (Colonel-lieutenant)
- 29. März 1712: Pierre-Charles Regnault, Count of Angennes (Colonel-lieutenant)
- 9. Februar 1713: de Hauteford, Earl of Surville (Colonel-lieutenant)
- September 28, 1719: Emmanuel-Dieudonné, Marquis of Hauteford (Colonel-Lieutenant, then from 1721 Master of Camp-Lieutenant)
- 21. Februar 1740: Jean-Louis, Marquis de La Tournelle (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- 6. Januar 1741: Elzéar-Gaston-Louis-Marie de Forcalquier, marquis de Sabran (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- 22. August 1743: Charles-Claude Andrault de Maulevrier, Marquis de Langeron (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- May 7, 1758: Charles-René de Maillé, count of La Tour-Landry (Mestre de camp-lieutenant)
- 3. Januar 1770: Charles-René, count of La Belinaye (Mestre de camp-lieutenant, dann ab 1780 Colonel-lieutenant)
- March 1, 1784: Claude-François-Jean-Baptiste-Donatien, Count of Sémaisons (Colonel-Lieutenant)
- 21. Oktober 1791: René-Charles-Elisabeth, count of Ligniville (Colonel)
- 5. Februar 1792: Pierre-Justin Marchand de Villionne (Colonel)
- March 8, 1793: Emmanuel Serviez ( Chef de brigade )
- 1793: Brigade leader Anne-Gilbert La Val
- 1805: Colonel Jean-Baptiste Silberman. (Died from his wounds on February 8, 1807.)
- 1807: Colonel René Perier. (Fallen June 10, 1807)
- June 22, 1807: Colonel Henri César Auguste Schwiter
- 1813: Colonel François Morin de Louvigné. (Died July 28, 1813)
- 1815: Colonel Jean-Pierre Monneret
- 1821: Colonel Anne-Léon-Antoine Le Clerc de Juigné
- 1822: Colonel Jacques Pierre Marie de Montlivault
- 1823: Colonel Amable de Fontanges
- 4. Juni 1850: Colonel François Achille Bazaine (1811-1888)
- 1854: Colonel Charles de Maleville  killed on June 24, 1859 in the Battle of Solferino .
- 1898: Lieutenant-colonel Jean Baptiste Jules Carbillet.
- 1914: Colonel Valdant.
- 2. November 1914: Lieutenant-colonel Echard
- 1939: Lieutenant-colonel Cotinaus
Uniform until 1794
Flags up to 1794
The regiment carried six flags until 1791, one per company, including a white flag for the regiment owner. 
The origins of the unit go back to the year 1620, when the Prince de Condé set up a "regiment on foot" (infantry regiment) on July 5th. The following year he left this corps to his son, the Duc d'Enghien. The regiment was dissolved on February 14, 1623 and the Prince de Condé (who had fallen from grace), at the instigation of Cardinal Richelieu by the King Louis XIII. the possession of a regiment prohibited.
By decree of the king (Lettre de cachet), Henri II. De Bourbon received permission again on June 11, 1644 to set up an infantry regiment, but it did not get its previous ranking number back. After wintering in Champagne, it was inspected on June 4, 1645 in Verdun by the Duc d'Enghien and then commanded to Germany.
Franco-Spanish War (1635-1659)
- 1645 : The regiment crossed the Rhine near Speyer in June and participated in the siege of Rothenburg from July 15. This was followed by participation in a battle near Nördlingen , in which Lieutenant Colonel de Chérizy was wounded. After taking Dinkelsbühl and Heilbronn , the unit returned to France.
- 1646 : Campaign in Flanders with the capture of Courtrai , Berghes , Fort Maryck , Veurne and Dunkerque . The Prince de Condé died on December 26th and the regiment passed to his son Louis II de Bourbon on December 31st with the permission of the king.
- 1647 : Relocation to Catalonia . For this purpose it was loaded onto ships in Agde on April 16 and put on land in Barcelona on April 20. From here it marched to the siege of Lerida . After the end of the siege, "Condé" was used in the capture of Algiers and to protect Constantine .
- 1648 : Relocation to the Pyrenees and then to Flanders. Participated in the siege of Ypres in May and in the Battle of Lens in August . Here it and its pikemen could stop the Spanish cavalry that had penetrated into the second row . The year ended for the regiment with fighting at Veurne, in which the Capitaine de Rochette was killed.
- 1649 : In March transfer to Picardy to the army of Maréchal de Plessis . Under the command of the regimental owner, it was involved in the siege of Condé-sur-l'Escaut .
- 1649 : At the end of that year the Prince de Condé came into conflict with Cardinal Mazarin, whereupon de Condé ordered the regiment under his Lieutenant Colonel Saint-Micault to Seurre in Burgundy , where it was named "Régiment de Bellegarde".
- 1650 : Since Condé was actively involved in the uprising of the Fronde against the king, the regiment was cashed on January 20th (that is, it was officially declared forfeited and was therefore no longer part of the king's army) because it was de facto continued to exist, Seurre was besieged by the royal army and had to surrender on April 19th. On June 21, the regiment was disbanded and its remnants and those of the Régiment d'Enghien assigned to the army of Turenne , with which they were defeated in the battle of Rethel .
- 1651 : After Cardinal Mazarin's flight to Cologne, the regiment was rehabilitated by order of February 26th and placed under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Marquis de Folleville. It was collected again on September 13, as de Condé had meanwhile been indicted and sentenced to death. His property had been confiscated. The regiment followed De Condé, who fled to Spain. Here it continued to serve de Condé, who had become high military commander in Spain.
- 1659 : After the Peace of the Pyrenees , Condé was granted amnesty and returned with the regiment to France, where it was re-entered into the royal army on November 7th with the ranking number 47 (instead of the number 35 it had before the rebellion).
War of Devolution (1667 to 1668)
- 1667 : Used in the siege of Charleroi , where it moved into a garrison after the capture .
- 1668 : Campaign in Franche-Comté , then the unit was reduced from 12 to four companies.
Dutch War 1672 to 1678
- 1672 : Reinforced by 16 companies, it was under the command of the regiment owner that year.
On October 10th, the governor of the Netherlands, William III. (Orange) with the siege of Woerden and immediately attacked Fort Warth, which was held by three companies of the Régiment d'Auvergne and a company of the "Régiment de Condé". He had to stop this attack after major losses.
- 1673 : The regiment spent the year in Holland.
- 1674 : The unit left Zütphen in March and joined the army, which was commanded by Prince de Condé . This was followed by participation in the Battle of Seneffe in which it, together with the Régiment d'Auvergne , took part in the attack on the village of Fay and which was held until the end of the day. Lieutenant Colonel Marquis de Nesle's leg was torn off, Lieutenant Colonel Dumont was also wounded.
- 1675 : Participation in the capture of Dinant , Huy and Limbourg . The relocation to Trier took place in July . Capitaine Fonteville was killed during a foray into Bitburg . At the end of the year, the army unit moved to the Rhine.
- 1676 : Used in securing Haguenau and Saverne and in the battle near Kokersberg . * 1677 : The regiment was at the siege of Freiburg .
- 1678 : Attack on the bridge near Säckingen , participation in the siege of Kehl and the conquest of Lichtenberg Castle .
- 1679 : Battle near Minden 
Reunion War 1683 to 1684
- 1684 : "Condé" served in the siege of Luxembourg . On the day the siege trenches began, the regiment attacked the suburb of Grund and the lower town
War of the Palatinate Succession 1688 to 1697
- 1688 : "Condé" was used in the siege of Philippsburg , in which the lieutenant colonel marquis de Nesle was fatally wounded.
- 1689 : Campaign in Flanders, used in the Battle of Walcourt
- 1690 : Battle of Fleurus
- 1691 : Assigned to the Alpine Army, the unit took part in the occupation of the county of Nice .
- 1692 : Garrison in Pignerol and Suze
- 1693 Together with the Régiment de Maine it formed a brigade in the battle of Marsaglia
- 1694 to 1695 :?
- 1696: During the siege of Valenza , where on September 29th it was able to repel a failure of the garrison.
- 1697 : The regiment was on the Maas campaign.
War of the Spanish Succession (1701 to 1714)
- 1701 : On February 1st a second battalion was set up and the regiment was brought up to war strength. A battalion was commanded to Maréchal de Boufflers and took part in the defense of Diest . 
- 1702 : First in Strasburg, then in September under Maréchal de Villars, first to the fortress of Hüningen and from there to the battle near Friedlingen .
- 1703 : At the siege of Kehl , the battle near Stollhofen and in the valley of Hornberg. In May, under Louis II Joseph de Bourbon, duc de Vendôme, the march to Tyrol took place. here the Kufstein fortress was taken within two hours . The battle at Rottenberg and the capture of Innsbruck followed . Back in Bavaria, Kempten and Augsburg were taken and winter quarters in the city were taken.
- 1704 : A third battalion was set up in the regiment's recruit depot and commanded to the Moselle under the Comte de Coigny. Later it moved into quarters in Strasburg. The 1st battalion was assigned to Maréchal Marsin's army , the 2nd to that of Maréchal Tallard . The latter fought in June at the siege of Villing , both then in the battle of Höchstädt . The remnants of the regiment that remained thereafter marched on the Rhine and were used as the garrison of Fort-Louis .
- 1705 : The regiment spent most of the year’s campaign in the area around Schweighausen
- 1706 : At the siege of Fort-Louis, the capture of Drusenheim , Lauterbourg , Haguenau and the Île du Marquisat  .
- 1708 : Participation in the battle of Oudenaarde and the battle of Leffinge . In the latter, Lieutenant Colonel de Montmorency was taken prisoner . During the following siege of Lille , "Condé" was used under the Comte de La Mothe for reconnaissance on the Leie .
- 1709 : Back in Alsace, the unit took up positions in Scherback on the Lauter line (Lignes de la Lauter). Battle at Rumersheim
- 1710 to 1713 : Remains in the positions at de Lauter with assignments to the siege of Landau and the siege of Freiburg.
- 1714 : From January 1st, the remnants of the regiment were moved to Montereau
War of the Polish Succession (1733-1738)
- 1733: Seconded to the army in Italy, the regiment took part in the capture of Gera d'Adda , Pizzighettone and Castello Sforzesco in Milan .
- 1734 : Used in the destruction of Novara and Tortona , it then fought in the Battle of Parma , in which the hand of Lieutenant Colonel de Hautefort was pierced by a bullet. It also stood at the submission of Modena and fought in the bloody battle of Guastalla .
- 1735 : After taking part in the sieges of Reggiolo and Gonzaga , the regiment returned to France in August 1736 and moved into winter quarters in Collioure .
- 1737/1738 : Without activities
War of the Austrian Succession (1740 to 1748)
- 1740 to 1742 : The regiment was in Flanders without fighting
- 1743 : Relocation to the Palatinate with garrison in Klingenmünster and track cells . Soon afterwards, the commanding of the army of Maréchal Noailles followed, with whom the regiment drew into the defeat of the Battle of Dettingen . It lost the lieutenant colonel le marquis de Sabran and four other officers to the dead. Then it came to Landau . On November 23, two companies of grenadiers and two piquets, supported by a division of the Régiment de Monin, succeeded in raiding the Austrian supply camp in Ettlingen , stealing all the material and taking the personnel prisoner.
- 1744 : The regiment was able to distinguish itself in the capture of Weissenburg , in the battle near Auenheim , and in the siege of Freiburg. "Condé" then moved under the command of Maréchal de camp Henri François, comte de Ségur to Bavaria, where they moved into accommodation in Regensburg .
- 1745 : Used in the Battle of Pfaffenhofen and defensive battles during the retreat after the defeat. Back on the Rhine it came under the command of Louis François I de Bourbon, prince de Conti .
- 1746 : In July the march over the Alps took place. The winter was spent with defensive battles.
When the Allies crossed the Var, the unit served in the rebuilding of the islands of Sainte-Marguerite and Saint-Honorat . She was then transferred to the Tournoux camp. It stayed here until the end of the war.
- 1754 : The regiment was in the field camp in Aimeries-sur-Sambre
Seven Years War (1757 to 1763)
- 1757 : Under the command of Maréchal de Tellier , the unit fought in the Battle of Hastenbeck and then moved to Louis François Armand de Vignerot du Plessis in Hanover. On October 7th, it left the field camp in Halberstadt under Victor-François de Broglie to join the army of Charles de Rohan, prince de Soubise . With this it was involved in the defeat in the Battle of Roßbach and then returned to Hanover.
- 1758 : In that year the regiment was seen taking Halberstadt , supplying the occupied Regenstein Castle and attacking Quedlinburg . Shortly afterwards it returned to the Rhine and was housed on the western side of the Rhine.
- 1759 : Assigned to the army of the Maréchal Contades , «Condé» fought on August 1st in the battle of Minden , where it would have been destroyed without the help of Saxon troops. Placed on the far left, it had the Hanoverian divisions against it for most of the day, which it resisted with unshakable determination. The regiment lost the Capitaine de Mezières and the lieutenants Chartorn and Larmandin in the battle. Among the wounded were Lieutenant Colonel La Tour-Landry, Lieutenant-Colonel de Laborde, nine captains and four lieutenants. Since the regiment was no longer able to continue the campaign after this fight, it was stationed in Kassel and did not take part in the war until 1761.
- 1761 : Kassel was besieged in March, and when it fell out on March 7th, the regiment stood out. At the beginning of the campaign it was part of the reserve corps of Louis de Bourbon with whom it took part in the siege of Meppen in September .
- 1762 : Battle near Johannisberg
On his return to France, the unit moved into first garrison in Condé-sur-l'Escaut , laid in May 1763 after Givet , in May 1764 after Sedan , and in November 1764 after Mezieres, in July 1765 was in the camp of Compiègne ordered where it was under the command of the Prince du Condé. In August of the same year the unit moved to Blaye , in April 1766 to Bayonne , in June 1767 to Tours , in November of the same year to Dunkirk , in October 1768 to Aire, in October 1769 to Thionville , in January 1771 to Quimper, in June of the same year to Aire and in October of the same year to Sedan. It was relocated to Givet in October 1773, to Lorient and Port-Louis in October 1774 and to Brest in November 1777.
At this time, with the exception of two companies remaining in Bellisle, the regiment was divided into ships from different squadrons. Most of them were on board the Comte d'Orvilliers fleet , which took part in the battle of Ouëssant on June 27, 1778 .
In November 1778 the regiment arrived in Schlettstadt and moved to Phalsbourg in April of the following year , to Strasbourg in November 1779 , to Cambrai in November 1781, to Douai in November 1783, to Redon and Vannes in April 1784 and to Lille im November 1785.
The 1st Battalion was still in this city in 1789 when it was learned that the Prince de Condé, who had given the signal to emigrate, had left Paris on July 16. This news caused a very lively unrest in the regiment, whose soldiers are said to have thrown away all the badges that reminded them of their regimental owner. In any event, the 1st Battalion was ordered to leave Lille and go to Boulogne, where it was joined by the 2nd Battalion, which had been sent to Rouen during the riots that ended with the capture of the Bastille. The 2nd Battalion was then commanded to the Aire in September 1790 . In June 1791 it then set out for Metz, where it passed Montmédy in January 1792.
Wars of the Revolution and the First Empire
On January 1, 1792, the regiment was stationed in Longwy. It comprised 1,012 men, 503 men were absent.
The 1st Battalion was assigned to the Armée du Nord. It was able to distinguish itself in the battle near Hamptinnes on May 23, 1792, the grenadiers rejected two attacks by the Austrian vanguard and only had to give in to the third attack. They then withdrew in good order to Saint-Aubin-sur-Aire , where they reunited with the rest of the battalion. After a persistent defense of the place under the command of Colonel Villione, the place had to be abandoned and retreat to Philippeville. After the cannonade at Valmy , it was assigned to the Moselle Army ( Armée de la Moselle ) and served under the General Beurnonvillein the area around Trier. It was able to distinguish itself again in 1793 in the battle near Haguenau and in the recapture of the Weissenburg lines. On June 20, 1794, it was used in the course of the Premier amalgams to set up the "109 e demi-brigade de bataille".
The 2nd Battalion was constantly deployed with the Armée de la Moselle and the Armée du Rhin (Rhine Army). Enclosed in the fortress of Mainz , ( Siege of Mainz (1793) ) it was able to distinguish itself on December 30, 1793 in a sortie against the enemy positions. On May 3, 1793 it was used to set up the "110 e demi-brigade de bataille".
55 th Infantry Regiment
In 1805/1806 the regiment in Toulon was loaded onto ships of the fleet and brought to Italy, where it took part in the 4th Corps in the campaigns of 1807 and 1808. From 1809 to 1810 it stood with the 7th Corps in the Pyrénées-Orientales department and in the 4th Corps in Germany. From 1811 to 1813 it belonged to the same corps in Catalonia and Aragon . In 1814 it belonged to the 6th Corps in Lyon and in 1815 to the 9th Corps. On August 16 it was dissolved in Avignon. The personnel depot was used to set up the new unit "Légion du Vaucluse"  . In 1820 the "18 e régiment d'infanterie léger" (18th light infantry regiment) was formed from the "Légion du Vaucluse"
- Use in the cannonade at Valmy
- With the "Armée de la Moselle" campaign to Trier
- Siege of Geneva
- 1809 :
- 1811 :
- 1812 :
- 1813 :
- 1814 :
- 1815 :
Campaign to Belgium with the "1 re division d'infanterie"
In the Battle of Waterloo, the 4 e régiment de chevau-légers lanciers under his Colonel Louis Bro were able to recapture the lost flag and eagle of the "55 e régiment d'infanterie" after an attack on the British Scots Grays . The British Major General Sir William Ponsonby was killed.
Officer losses in the wars of the Revolution and the First Empire
- 36 officers died;
- 10 officers died from their wounds;
- 100 officers were wounded. 
1815 to 1848
- 1832 to 1834: fighting in the conquest of Algeria
- Sardinian war
- 1863 to 1866 :
- Fight in the conquest of Algeria
- Franco-German War
- Mit dem 32 th line infantry regiment und dem 3 e Rifles walk  , bildete da 55 th line infantry regiment (1887 Mann) 1. Brigade die in der 1. General von Verge im Division 2. Korps der Armée du Rhin unter dem Kommando von General Charles Auguste Frossard .
- Battle of Spichern , Battle of Mars-la-Tour and Battle of Gravelotte
On August 16, 1870, a fourth battalion was formed from surplus soldiers. The battalion was used to set up the "114 e régiment d'infanterie de marche" (114th March regiment ), which belonged to the 1st Brigade of the 3rd Division in the 13th Army Corps of the 3rd Army. It was used in the defense of Paris in the troops of Général Joseph Vinoy . 
The French chronicle of the Franco-Prussian War mentions a marching company of the "55 e RI" as part of the "36 e régiment d'infanterie de marche" on November 17, 1870 during the battle for Torçay . This unit was still involved in the battle at Mazangé on January 6, 1871 .
8. The companies of the 2nd and 3rd battalions of the "55 e RI", in the "29 e Régiment d'infantry de marche" set up, fought in the Loiret in the skirmishes in Chilleurs-aux-Bois , Ladon , Boiscommun , Neuville-aux-Bois and Mézières-en-Gâtinais
1881 to 1883
- A battalion was in the campaign Tunisia involved
First World War
At the beginning of the war the regiment was stationed in Pont-Saint-Esprit and Aix-en-Provence . It belonged to the 60th Infantry Brigade in the 30th Infantry Division in the 15th Army Corps. From June 1915 it was placed under the 126th Infantry Division.
- August 26: Defensive battles near Mont-sur-Meurthe
- September 6-9: Battle of Revigny-sur-Ornain
- September 20: Trench warfare at Avocourt
- November 13: Trench warfare near Béthincourt
- January 12th: Trench warfare at Béthincourt
- June 15: Fighting in the Argonne ( Binarville / Vienne-le-Château )
- Use in the Battle of Verdun
After the end of the war, the regiment was disbanded.
Second World War
On September 6, 1939, the unit was re-established as 55 e régiment d'infanterie alpine (55th Mountain Infantry Regiment). It was under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel Cotinaus and belonged to the 30th Mountain Infantry Division. The establishment was carried out by the “Région Militaire, Center Mobilisateur d'infanterie; réserve A “(CMI 154) carried out.
Known about the regiment's whereabouts. Apparently, like many others, it was dissolved after the Compiègne armistice and not reestablished.
Fahne des Regiments mit Fourragère der Medaille militaire
Members of the regiment (even if they are re-established) have the right to wear the Fourragère des Médaille militaire.
Personalities who served in the regiment
- General of the André Joseph Lemaire Division (1738-1802), 1754 as a volunteer
- Alfred de Vigny , as Lieutenant
- Colonel Charles Ardant du Picq (1821-1870), 1864 Lieutenant-colonel im Regiment
- Charles Camoin, 1901 als Soldat im Regiment
- Lieutenant General of Vault Military memoirs relating to the Spanish Civil War under Louis XIV Publisher Imprimerie Royale (Paris) Bd. 1 1835  .
- M. Pinard, Chronologie historique-militaire , by M. Pinard, Bände 6, 7 & 8, Paris 1763, 1764 & 1778
- Georges Six, Biographical dictionary of French generals and admirals of the Revolution and the Empire (1792-1815) , Band 2, Paris, Georges Saffroy historical and nobiliary bookstore - publisher, 1934
- From the Collection of History of the French Infantry (General Andolenko - Eurimprim 1969).
- General SUSANE: REGIMENT OF CONDE - HISTORY . In: HISTOIRE DE L'INFANTERIE FRANÇAISE . Band 4 . J. Dumaine military library, Paris 1876, S. 229–240 (French, archive from ancestramil.fr [PDF; 144 kB ; accessed on December 22, 2019]).
- Planche d'infanterie française de Régiments sous Louis XV , de Lucien Mouillard,  sur l ' Ancien Régime (siehe 38e Condé)
- dishonorable dismissed
- „above“ = vormalig
- Laurent Brayard: Les bataillons de volontaires de l'Ardèche. Archived from the original on February 21, 2011 ; Retrieved December 27, 2011 (French).
- In the post-Nepalese era, everything that reminded of them was avoided at first - this also included the term "regiment"
- History of the Infantry in France of Victor Louis Jean François Belhomme Band 5 S. 151
- History of the 15th promotion of the Saint-Cyr Special Military School (PDF; 218 kB).
- Fifth general summary of the military of France, on land and at sea , Pierre Lemau de La Jaisse , Paris, 1739
- which Minden it could be is not known
- Vau1-1835 Lieutenant General of Vault, “Military memoirs relating to the Spanish Civil War under Louis XIV”, Band 1, 1835 S. 436.
- the so-called Île du Marquisat was a Rhine island that no longer exists today and belonged to the margraviate of Baden
- In the post-Nepalese era, everything that reminded of them was avoided at first - this also included the term "regiment"
- Laurent Brayard: Les regiments d'infanterie 50 à 59. Archived from the original on February 21, 2011 ; Retrieved December 27, 2011 (French).
- 3rd Battalion Hunters on Foot
- "Operation of the 13 th Army Corps and the 3 th army during the Siege of Paris (1870)" by Joseph Vinoy, pages 7 and 15
- Décision n ° 12350 / SGA / DPMA / SHD / DAT du 14 septembre 2007 relative aux inscriptions de noms de batailles sur les drapeaux it étendards the corps de troupe de l'armée de terre du service de santé et des armées du service des essences des armées, Bulletin officiel des armées, n ° 27, 9 novembre 2007
(Provision n ° 12350 / SGA / DPMA / SHD / DAT of 14 September 2007 on the appearance of the inscriptions on the flags and standards of the troops of the Lord, the Sanitary services and the fuel supply industry (Published with the official Army Bulletin No. 27 of November 9, 2007)
- Arrêté relatif à l'attribution de l'inscription AFN 1952–1962 sur les drapeaux et étendards des formations des armées et services, on November 19, 2004 (A) NORDEF0452926A Michèle Alliot-Marie
(commissioned by AFN 1952–1962 on the assignment of the inscriptions on the flags and standards of the formations of the army and the services of November 19, 2004 (A) NORDEF0452926A Michèle Alliot-Marie)
- This also applies to units that have already been disbanded, as they can (theoretically) be put back into active service at any time