List of architectural monuments in Neuss (1 / 500–1 / 580) - Liste der Baudenkmäler in Neuss (1/500–1/580)

Shield-shaped memorial plaque of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia with the coat of arms of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, above it in capital letters the word “Monument”, top left and right and bottom center a nail.

The list of architectural monuments in Neuss (1 / 500–1 / 580) contains the listed buildings in the area of ​​the city of Neuss in the Rhine district of Neuss in North Rhine-Westphalia (status: March 2011). These monuments are entered in the list of monuments of the city of Neuss; The basis for the admission is the Monument Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (DSchG NRW). Some texts of the monument descriptions are available in abbreviated form (partial description). The list is sorted by serial number. The consecutive number is given in brackets in the “Monument number” column.

picture designation location description construction time Registered
since
Monument
number
Residential building Residential building
City center Rheintorstrasse 16
map
Part description:

Built around 1890; Brick / plaster facade with historicizing decorative shapes, 3-storey in 4 axes and a saddle roof. Front door and window renewed.

One 1890 24.10.2000 1/321 (1/500)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Rheintorstrasse 16a
map
Part description.

Corner house Rheintorstrasse / Königstrasse, built in 1890, plastered facade, 3-storey in 3: 1: 6 axes, axes partially not drawn through, gable roof; on the corner of the former shop, the house entrance set back in the left axis. Front door and window renewed.

1890 22.01.2001 1/322 (1/501)
Residential building Residential building
City center Rheintorstrasse 18
map
Part description:

Built around 1880; 3-storey with mezzanine in 3 axes, central axis emphasized by a balcony, gable roof; Input in the right axis; Brick / plaster facade. Balcony on consoles. Residential house with high-quality facade design, important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving for scientific urban planning reasons.

one 1880 20.03.1996 1/240 (1/502)
Ehem. Reuterhof Ehem. Reuterhof Grimlinghausen
Rheinuferstraße 6
map
Part description:

Built in 1770, formerly half-open 4-wing courtyard area; Residential house, part of the farm buildings on the street side and wall with gate system preserved, other farm buildings demolished in 1975. Residential house brick paved, trachyte and sandstone walls; 2-storey in 7 axes with a crooked hip roof. Year of construction in anchor pins. Doors original condition. Brick stable building with sandstone blocks. Semicircular gate system with sandstone blocks. Significant evidence of the local history, worth preserving, especially for urban planning and ethnographic reasons.

1770 10.01.1986 9/001 (1/503)
Family crypt and Kraus tomb Family crypt and Kraus tomb
Rheydter Strasse stadium district (main cemetery) Grave field no. A 79 Grave no. 6 af
map
Part description:

Crypt system with tomb built in 1926 for the Kraus family, artistic design by Johann Bossard (1874–1950). Rectangular grave complex with profiled ashlar surround, access to the crypt closed with an iron lid. The expressionistically designed tomb in the center of the back. The tomb is an important testimony to the expressionist style in the design of tombs and as such is unique in the main cemetery in Neuss. It occupies an important place in the overall work of the sculptor Bossard. There is a public interest in preservation for reasons of local history, science and art history.

1926 21.02.1995 3/025 (1/504)
Angel of the Blumenkamp grave Angel of the Blumenkamp grave
Rheydter Strasse stadium district (main cemetery) Grave field no. A 61 Grave no. 36–38
Map
Part description:

Engel, worked in the technique of core electroplating at the turn of the century, made by the Galvanoplastischen Kunstanstalt Geislingen, manufacturer's information on the plinth of the angel. Winged angel as mediator between God and human beings, sitting on the stump of a pillar with a profiled base on a rectangular plinth, pointing with the left hand at the grave, in the right hand a plaque with the relief inscription “Goodbye”. The stump of the pillar is crowned by an ornamental meander frieze, the plinth protruding over the black granite base. The angel is an example of the galvanized plastic that was produced in large numbers at the turn of the century and is still seldom found today due to the effects of war or demolition.

a 1900 01.07.1999 3/051 (1/505)
Old cemetery chapel in the main cemetery Old cemetery chapel in the main cemetery Stadium district
Rheydter Strasse (main cemetery)
map
Part description:

1902 built according to plans by the government architect Julius Busch (1838–1912) as a foundation for the banker's widow Anna Le Hanne; original patronage according to the will of the founder: Apostle Bartholomäus and mother Anna; Dedicated since 1970 to “Our dead who rest in the distant earth” (inscription above the entrance). The cemetery chapel is an important testimony to neo-romanticism, built by a well-known master builder. In addition, the memory of the Le Hanne family, who made the establishment possible, is preserved in this building. For reasons of local history, science and architectural history, there is a public interest in its preservation.

1902 24.04.2001 3/056 (1/506)
Cenotaph in the main cemetery Cenotaph in the main cemetery Stadium district
Rheydter Strasse (main cemetery)
map
Part description:

Erected around 1934; Sculptor Theodor Hammers, b. 1891 in Mönchengladbach, died 1965; in the middle of the field of honor, integrated in a step system, U-shaped reinforced concrete wall, clad with shell limestone on the outside, relief on the front side (left 2 drummers, 2 flutists; in the middle, standard bearers and 2 soldiers with rifles and knapsacks and eagles, right 4 soldiers with rifle and knapsack) Inscription: We dead are not dead - We go with; Stainless steel cross added later in the middle; the names of the fallen carved on the sides; Inside of the U-shaped wall with recessed crosses. The memorial is important for human history, especially for the development of war memorials in the 1930s. The memorial is worth preserving for reasons of local history,

one 1934 24.04.2001 3/057 (1/507)
Gravesite of the Hahn-Trinner family Gravesite of the Hahn-Trinner family
Rheydter Strasse stadium district (main cemetery) Grave field No. A 63 Grave No. 14 AD, 15 AD, 16 AD, and 17 A
map
Part description:

Approx. Erected in 1920 in antique forms; Ground plan of the tomb in the shape of a segment of a circle with a basaltic lava border, front and sides as a low wall, entrance and corners emphasized by small pillars; Back wall as a plate grave in an architectural structure with an accentuated center. The tomb is important for the documentation of the funeral system in the first half of the 20th century.

that. 1920 20.09.2001 3/058 (1/508)
Old part of the main cemetery in Neuss (network of paths, avenues, older trees) Old part of the main cemetery in Neuss (network of paths, avenues, older trees) Map of the
Rheydter Strasse Stadium District
The municipal burial site was originally on today's Freithof. In 1805 it was moved to the location of today's Marienkirche and from there in 1873 to Rheydter Straße. In the 1930s it received an extension.

The old part of the main cemetery in Neuss is bounded by Rheydter Straße in the north, Konrad-Adenauer-Ring in the east, Glehner Weg in the south and the Eselspfad in the west. The main avenue leading from east to west is the main axis of the old cemetery, which is the connection to the western extension. Characteristic of the cemetery is the straight network of paths, an abundance of older trees, some avenues and the smaller grid of the south-east corner, the Protestant part of the cemetery. In 1902 the neo-Romanesque cemetery chapel was built as the center of a semicircular route. In the escape of the chapel, at an extended crossroads, stands the towering mission cross, surrounded by some priestly graves. The mission cross is the center of the two ways, where the largest number of historical valuable tombs can be found. The old part of the main cemetery in Neuss, completed in 1873, is to be regarded as a monument, with its straight path typical for the time it was built, whose historical significance is concentrated in the area of ​​the two intersecting paths. The cemetery is important for human history, especially the history of burial. The structure of the cemetery is worth preserving for scientific reasons. especially the history of the funeral system. The structure of the cemetery is worth preserving for scientific reasons. especially the history of the funeral system. The structure of the cemetery is worth preserving for scientific reasons.

1805 06.02.2003 3/063 (1/509)
Klara Fey settlement Klara Fey settlement Stadium district
Rheydter Strasse 99 - 105
map
From 1930 to plans by the architect Heinrich Ingerfeld of "Neusser Spar- und Bauverein" (today Gemeinnützige Wohnungsgesellschaft eG) built settlement ensemble of exemplary quality of the overall design; two-story apartment buildings made of brick masonry with towering hipped or saddle roofs; At both ends of the street building rows are closed off by raised, flat-roofed corner buildings (- only on one side of the Glehner Weg), which set urban accents with the cranked gable or hipped roofs of the adjoining row houses; rhythmic structure of the smooth facades through rectangular windows; regular vertical emphasis due to the staircase windows above the entrances with their wide-reaching canopies, separated from the pedestals and partly loosened up by brick relief; Dormers of different sizes; cranked cornices emphasize the corners of the building; in front of the corner buildings there were small hedge-enclosed front gardens; Windows and front doors z. T. original.

As a high-quality example of a traditionalist housing estate from the 1920s from the architectural and urban planning as well as local and

from 1930 09.04.1992 3/010 (1/510)
Kamillianerstraße settlement Kamillianerstraße settlement Stadium district
Rheydter Strasse 165
map
1924–28 by the “Neusser Housing Cooperative for Civil Servants and Private Employees GmbH” (today Gemeinnützige Wohnungsgesellschaft eG) in an open construction with an exemplary quality of the overall design; Architect Peter Dörner; Mostly semi-detached houses (only Kamillianerstraße 11-55 divided into three parts) made of brick masonry with high, hipped tile roofs; Corner houses at both ends of the street emphasized by shops (Kamillianerstraße 1 and 20/22) or cranked segmental bay windows; brick-walled front gardens; the smooth exterior walls of the house divided by cornices or pilaster strips; some of the entrances lead to staircase extensions; regularly arranged dormers and loggias on the back; sparingly inserted decorative details in expressionistic forms (stepped gable, surface relief made of brick); Windows and front doors z. T. original.

As a high-quality example of a traditionalist housing estate from the 1920s, it is worth preserving for reasons of architecture and town planning as well as local and social history.

1924–28 09.04.1992 3/009 (1/511)
Gut Kallenhof Gut Kallenhof Stadium district
Rheydter Strasse 301
map
Part description:

Closed 4-wing brick courtyard with a fifth wing attached to the outside at the entrance to the courtyard, built around 1830 by Johann Gerhard Kallen; after fire damage partly renewed in 1876/77 by Franz Gerhard Kallen. In the north wing there is a 2-storey house with a gable roof. Street-side plaster facade in 7 axes. All farm buildings in exposed brick with clay-tile-covered saddle roofs. East wing former stables, in the south wing a large barn. The Kallenhof belongs to the chain of large courtyards on the western edge of the historic Neuss city area, of which only a few have survived undisturbed. There is a public interest in the preservation and use of the courtyard for scientific reasons, in particular building and social-historical reasons.

one 1830 15.05.1995 6/004 (1/512)
Residential houses Residential houses Furth
Römerstrasse 50–68, 49–69, 71–79
map
Statute for the protection of the Kolpingviertel monument area in the city of Neuss

On May 30, 1986, the Council of the City of Neuss, based on Section 5 of the Act on the Protection and Maintenance of Monuments in the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Monument Protection Act - DSchG) of March 11, 1980 (GV. NW. P. 226), last amended by the law of November 6, 1984 (GV. NW. p. 663), these statutes adopted:

§ 1 Order of protection

The area of ​​the Kolpingviertel described in § 2 is hereby placed under protection as a monument area according to § 5 of the Monument Protection Act NW.

§ 2 Territorial scope

The monument area comprises the following streets or street sections with the adjacent house plots:

- the Frankenstrasse in the section between the house plots No. 24 - 58 (north side) and the house plots No. 31-59 (south side),

- the house plots nos. 112 - 120 located on Fuhrter Strasse (not the street area of ​​Further Strasse), - Gotenstrasse, without the house plot nr. 30, - Kettelerstrasse, - Kolpingstrasse, - Römerstrasse in the section between the house plots Nos. 50 - 68 (east side) or the house plots nos. 49 - 69 (west side) as well as the house plots nos. 71 - 79, - the house plots nos. 59 - 83 and 125 - 129 (not the street area) located on Weissenberger Weg of the Weissenberger Weg).

The boundaries of the monument area are outlined in black in the plan produced on a scale of 1: 2000, which is attached as Annex 1 of these statutes as part of the plan.

§ 3 Material scope

With these statutes the historical cityscape of the Kolpingviertel is placed under protection. The protected cityscape is determined by the street layout (cityscape floor plan), by the partially inherited stock of trees in the street area, and by the original structure of the building parts visible in the street area, which has been preserved from the time it was built. Details on this can be found in the plan “Building fabric of the building fronts” produced on a scale of 1: 2000 and the associated photo documentation, which is included as part of Annex 2 to these statutes.

§ 4 Measures requiring a permit

In the designated monument area Kolpingviertel, measures according to § 9 of the Monument Protection Act NW are subject to approval. The regulations of the Monument Protection Act apply.

§ 5 Justification

The residential area on both sides of Kolpingstrasse, within the boundaries of the monument area, is a testimony to earlier cooperative settlement activities in Neuss. The economic upswing that began after 1871 brought with the expansion of the port and the settlement of new industrial companies a strong influx of workers for whom inexpensive and family-friendly apartments had to be created as close as possible to the company. In Neuss, the workers' housing cooperative eGmbH, founded in 1901, took on this task, which acquired the areas between Further Straße and Weissenberger Weg and built on it in sections with the help of well-known Neuss architects. In 1903 the first houses were built on Kolpingstrasse as the main axis of the new settlement plan. Until the First World War, the streets branching off from it were largely built on. In the 20s and 30s, a few vacant lots were closed, especially on the edges of the new settlement, and the building block between Römerstraße and Weissenberger Weg was built.

The appearance of the settlement still has its old homogeneity today, which has largely been preserved in the street layout and the formal language of the facades. The area, which was built up until the First World War, is characterized by two-and-a-half-storey two-family houses with varied facades made of exposed brick, grouted brick or plastered surfaces, often with large street-side gables. The later buildings of the 20s and 30s are mostly three-storey apartment buildings with exposed brick facades and are more uniform and more reserved. The houses that were rebuilt in the 1950s after being destroyed in the Second World War, especially on the north and south edges of the settlement, are relatively well adapted to the old buildings in terms of their appearance. In some places, the historical appearance of the settlement is more disturbed by the modernization of individual houses and replacement buildings from more recent times, which are unsatisfactory in terms of design. In the case of future changes, a better fit is to be aimed for.

As a document of the cooperative workers' housing construction in the first third of this century, the Kolpingviertel is an important testimony to the social and urban development of Neuss. There is therefore a public interest in maintaining this residential area in its traditional historical appearance, which is taken into account with these statutes.

The expert opinion of the Rhineland Regional Council - Rhenish Office for Monument Preservation - dated November 25, 1985, which is relevant for the above justification, is attached to this statute as Annex 3 for information.

§ 6 entry into force

These statutes come into force on the day after their public announcement.

Kolping district (1/513)
Parish Church of St. Peter
more pictures
Parish Church of St. Peter Rosellen
Kirchstrasse 3
map
Part description:

Built in 1847/48 according to plans by Heinrich Johann Freyse, instead of the previous church from 1480, including the west tower from 1743; Tower helmet removed in 1939; 1962 new saddle roof over the stump of the tower and raised the 1-storey intermediate wing to the nave, above it pointed polygonal roof turrets. In the churchyard there are grave crosses made of sandstone (17th century) and a limestone war memorial with a figure of St. George (1922). The church has been greatly changed in its original appearance as a result of the recent additions and conversions, but remains a listed building as an early example of neo-Gothic church planning and rare cast-iron window tracery. It is also an important testimony to local history. Worth preserving for scientific and urban planning reasons.

1847/48 09.12.1992 8/012 (1/514)
Residential houses Residential houses Furth
Saarbrückener Strasse 1–13
map
Settlement ensemble built in 1929/30 by the Neusser Gemeinnützigen Bauverein AG according to plans by the architects Dominikus Heurich and Heinrich Ingerfeld; two-story apartment buildings made of brick masonry with towering hipped or saddle roofs; long dormers; with the exception of the houses Viersener Strasse and Marienburger Strasse 27–31 walled front gardens; rhythmic structure of the facades through the arrangement of windows and stairwells; Staircases with vertical emphasis with windows spanning floors above the entrances with their expansive canopies; sparingly inserted decorative details (eaves, window and door frames, front door canopies made of stone plaster; surface reliefs made of brick between windows and at the house entrances); Window z. T. combined in pairs - also across corners through stone plaster or stone plaster and brick reliefs; Windows and doors z. T. original.

As an example of a traditionalist housing estate around 1929/30, it is worth preserving for reasons of architecture and town planning as well as local and social history.

1929/30 19.08.1992 2/009 (1/515)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Salzstrasse 18
map
Part description:

Built around 1906. 2-storey house, eaves in a closed row, the top storey with a very steep mansard roof facing the street has been expanded as a full storey. Two-storey extension on the courtyard side. Street-side facade 2-storey in 5 axes, wall surfaces yellow brick, rich plaster decorative elements in the styles of the Neo-Renaissance. Top floor slated with 3 large arched dormers. House entrance door modernized. As one of the first houses on Salzstrasse, which was built around the turn of the century, the house at Salzstrasse 18 sets a high design standard with its palazzo-like facade. There is a public interest in the preservation and use of the house for reasons of urban history and architectural history.

one 1906 11.07.1995 1/218 (1/516)
Rental housing group Rental housing group Dreikönigenviertel
Schillerstraße 54–74
map
Part description:

Built between 1925 and 1930 by the Neuss workers' housing cooperative as a 3-sided block perimeter development with 27 rental houses. Brick facades with decorative bandages and partly plastering; Regular change of two different building types, both 2-storey in 3 axes, saddle roof type 1: central entrance axis, corridor window with summarizing framing and concluding cornice with pointed arch in brick, intermediate window surfaces with decorative bandage, central axis reaching into the roof gable flanked by 2 windows, gable three times flat stepped. Type 2: Entrance axis with that of the neighboring house arranged in pairs with continuous cornice, corridor window with decorative bandages, summarizing framing and cornice termination at the height of the eaves, above the lower, twice stepped gable flanked by 2 dormers; on the Körnerstraße different design of the entrance axes with plastering and straight end just above the eaves; Corner building Schillerstraße / Weberstraße 3rd storey in 3: 4 axes, mansard roof, corner axis set back; on Weberstrasse large dormer window with 3 windows and triangular gables; Corner building facing Körnerstraße, also with a recessed corner axis, on the ground floor shop installation; Doors in their original condition, modernized in 1985, with new plastic windows restoring the original muntin division, extension of balconies on the inside of the block, inside e.g. T. apartments summarized. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons. Mansard roof, corner axis set back; on Weberstrasse large dormer window with 3 windows and triangular gables; Corner building facing Körnerstraße, also with a recessed corner axis, on the ground floor shop installation; Doors in their original condition, modernized in 1985, with new plastic windows restoring the original muntin division, extension of balconies on the inside of the block, inside e.g. T. apartments summarized. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons. Mansard roof, corner axis set back; on Weberstrasse large dormer window with 3 windows and triangular gables; Corner building facing Körnerstraße, also with a recessed corner axis, on the ground floor shop installation; Doors in their original condition, modernized in 1985, with new plastic windows restoring the original muntin division, extension of balconies on the inside of the block, inside e.g. T. apartments summarized. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons. Cultivation of balconies on the inside of the block, inside e.g. T. apartments summarized. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons. Cultivation of balconies on the inside of the block, inside e.g. T. apartments summarized. Important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

1925–1930 29.04.1985 3/002 (1/517)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 61
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey corner house, hipped roof and saddle roofs, connected to the rows of houses on Schorlemannstrasse and Tywissenstrasse, in 5: 4 axes; Brick with tuff with ornamentation in the window axes; Stone portal with Doric ¾ column templates; Windows and doors renewed, wooden shutters no longer available, original attic houses replaced by skylights, characteristic front garden border essentially no longer available.

A high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 07.08.1996 3/034 (1/518)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 63
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey, hipped roof and saddle roof, adjoining corner house No. 61 in 3 axes + 1 axis; Brick, portal with semi-columns made of ashlar; Lattice windows, wooden shutters; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in a traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social historical reasons.

One 1920 08.11.1996 3/035 (1/519)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 65
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey, half of a semi-detached house with extended gable, saddle roofs, brick, portal with pilasters made of stone; Lattice windows, wooden shutters; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/036 (1/520)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 67
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey, half of a semi-detached house with extended gable, saddle roofs, brick, portal with half-pillars made of stone; Windows renewed, wooden shutters no longer available; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 05.11.1996 3/037 (1/521)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 69
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey, half of a semi-detached house with extended gable, saddle roofs, brick, portal with pilasters made of stone; Windows renewed, wooden shutters; characteristic front garden border partially preserved; Basement garage.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/038 (1/522)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 71
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey, half of a semi-detached house with extended gable, saddle roofs, brick, portal with pilasters made of stone; Windows renewed, wooden shutters; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/039 (1/523)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 73
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, 2-storey in 3 axes, gable roof; Brick, portal with semi-columns made of ashlar; Windows renewed, wooden shutters; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/040 (1/524)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 75
map
Part description:

Built in 1911, 2-storey in 3 axes, gable roof, 2-axis recessed roof structure, brick facade with artificial stone structure. Staircase original, windows partially changed, partially renewed; Front garden with brick edging, entrance pillars crowned with artificial stone balls. The house is an important testimony to the history of urban construction and the way of living and living at the beginning of the 20th century. It is worth preserving for scientific, architectural, historical and urban planning reasons.

1911 02.09.1999 3/053 (1/525)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 83
map
Part description:

Built around 1910 as a counterpart to house no. 85, brick facade, base, walls and arbor in stone; 2-storey with basement, slate-covered saddle roof with stepped gable in the left half of the facade. Original window condition, new door.

one 1910 23.09.1985 3/003 (1/526)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 85
map
Part description:

Built around 1910 as a counterpart to house no. 83, brick facade, base, walls and arbor in stone; 2-storey with basement, slate-covered saddle roof with stepped gable in the left half of the facade. Original window condition, new door.

one 1910 23.09.1985 3/004 (1/527)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 87
map
Part description:

Built around 1910; Facade in grouted brick with plaster elements; 3-storey with basement, gable roof with large stepped gable; Flat arbor in the center of the facade with a balcony closure. 1956 Installation of a garage with access ramp in the basement; Windows in their original condition, door new. Important testimony to the history of urban development, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

one 1910 10.09.1985 3/005 (1/528)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 95
map
Part description:

Built around 1910; 2-storey with a rectangular bay window over both floors, bay window in the attic designed as a balcony; large dwelling with triangular gable; Axes not solid, set back entrance in the left axis; Slate roof. 1964 Installation of a basement garage, windows renewed, original front door.

one 1910 03.12.2001 3/060 (1/529)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 97
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, architect Bernhard Roland 2-storey in 3 axes with a forward entrance axis, gable roof; Brick, window frames and door frames made of stone with neo-baroque ornamentation; Front door and window new, front yard.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/041 (1/530)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 99
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, architect Bernhard Roland 2-storey in 3 axes with a forward entrance axis, gable roof; Brick, window frames and door frames made of stone with neo-baroque ornamentation; Front door and window new, front yard.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/042 (1/531)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 101
map
Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, architect Bernhard Roland 2-storey in 3 axes with a forward entrance axis, gable roof; Brick, window frames and door frames made of stone with neo-baroque ornamentation; Front door and window new, front yard.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 08.11.1996 3/043 (1/532)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Schorlemerstraße 103
map
Part description:

Built around 1920 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops, architect Bernhard Roland 2-storey corner house, hipped roof and saddle roofs, adjoining the rows of houses on Schorlemerstraße and Deutsche Straße, in 3: 4: 4: 4 axes. In the Torkeilstein the year 1922. Front door and window renewed; Front yard. Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1920 09.12.1996 3/044 (1/533)
Vault bridge Vault bridge Augustinusviertel
Selikumer Strasse
map
Part description:

1-arch vault bridge over the Obererft in the course of the old Selikumer Strasse, which was retained as a footpath after the traffic route was relocated and the new bridge was built in 1936; Year of construction unknown, but next to the northern wing wall, ashlar with the year 1784; Vaults, parapets and elongated wing walls made of field fire bricks, vault edges and partly sandstone parapet cover, strong iron railing on bridge parapets and wing walls built in 1983.

1784 12.08.1986 1/094 (1/534)
BW Wegekapelle Maria Rast Selikum
Selikumer Weg
Karte
The small chapel is one of the stops on the pilgrimage route to Selikum. It was donated in 1638 by Wilhelm von Reuschenberg and his wife Anna Maria von Bentinck. It is a plastered brick building with a round arch portal, an open vestibule and a three-axis apse. A metal cross with the years 1638–1938 is attached to the gable. Above the lattice door that separates the vestibule from the apse is the builder's coat of arms with the year 1638. The figure of Mary inside is a copy of a 17th century Madonna, the Cologne Carmel Madonna.

The chapel is important for human history. It is a clearly preserved testimony to popular piety. Conservation is in the public interest for scientific, in particular local history and folklore reasons.

1638 13.07.2007 4/012 (1/535)
St.-Antonius-Kapelle
more pictures
St.-Antonius-Kapelle Rosellen
St.-Antonius-Strasse 25a
map
Part description:

Built in 1635 by the pastor of Rosellen, Hieronymus Isenberg, and the prior of the Neuss upper monastery and church lord of the Norfer church, Johannes Nauta, on the site of the common processional station and consecrated to Maria in the rose garden and St. Antonius. The chapel has a single nave with white lime plaster and is covered by a slate roof. Chapel restored several times, most recently in 1985.

1635 15.07.1985 8/003 (1/536)
Half-timbered yard Half-timbered yard Furth
Steinhausstrasse 60
map
Former Small farm, consisting of a residential / stable house and barn, built as timber frame buildings, probably in the 2nd half of the 18th century. Two-storey residential / stable house built as a timber frame structure with a gable roof, without a cellar; Half-timbered walls partly replaced by brick walls after 1871. The original room division has been preserved inside the house, old interior doors and (very steep) wooden stairs.

The former small farm is the last original evidence of the settlement "Auf Neusserbroich" recorded in the Tranchot map from 1804 and at the same time one of the few remaining half-timbered small farms in Neuss. The house was the residence of the well-known and popular Neuss city councilor Gottfried Schmitz called "Schmitze Frienes" (died 1943).

2nd half of the 18th century 19.04.1995 2/011 (1/537)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 55
map
Part description:

The residential building at Sternstrasse 55, together with the neighboring building No. 57, is part of the earliest development on Sternstrasse. The building was erected in 1904, the rear building in 1910. It is a row house with a typical brick plaster facade, three-storey, eaves with three vertical window axes. The rear of the house has been changed, but the brick-facing structure of the rear building has been largely preserved. As a terraced house, the residential building at Sternstrasse 55 is integrated into the northeast wall of Sternstrasse with its historical building stock. Because of its clearly preserved historical form, its preservation and use are in the public interest.

1904 11.05.2006 1/340 (1/538)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 57
map
Part description:

The residential building at Sternstrasse 57 was probably built together with No. 55 around 1904. The structure and design are very similar to one another. It is an eaves-standing terraced house on three axes with a brick plaster facade, which is attached on both sides. Protected inside, the historical floor plan structure and the historical furnishings are still preserved in their original form. As a terraced house, the residential building at Sternstrasse 57 is integrated into the northeast wall of Sternstrasse with its historic building stock. Because of its clearly preserved historical form, its preservation and use are in the public interest.

1904 22.01.2007 1/341 (1/539)
school school Downtown
Sternstrasse 60–62
map
Part description:

Built in 1908/10 according to a design by Peter Behrens as a 2-storey angular building, entrance wing 1-storey and set back, chapel protruding on the left side with 3-sided apse; Rough plaster facade. 1944 badly damaged by bombs, rear part destroyed. 1952–54 reconstruction, 1974/76 demolition of the rebuilt part and incorporation of the original structure into the new school building. The building is the work of a great architect and is important for the history of journeyman's houses. There is a public interest in the preservation and use for scientific, in particular architectural-historical and urban planning reasons.

1908/10 18.09.2002 1/333 (1/540)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 63
map
Part description:

The building is a house built in 1904 with a brick / plaster facade with historicized decorative shapes. The house is 3-storey in 2 non-continuous axes and a developed gable roof. 1952/53 Expansion of the attic, with the gable structure of the right axis removed and a long dormer built. New door and window, numerous original interior details.

1904 26.11.1999 1/312 (1/541)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 65
map
Part description:

The building is a 1900 built house with a brick / plaster facade with historicized decorative shapes. The house is 3-storey in 2 non-continuous axes and a developed gable roof. New door and window.

1900 13.03.2000 1/314 (1/542)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 67
map
Part description:

The building is a house built in 1905 with a plastered facade with historicizing and Art Nouveau decorative shapes. The house is 3-storey with an extended gable roof. Small dormers in the middle and left axis. Original windows, front door renewed.

1905 28.06.1989 1/149 (1/543)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 69
map
Part description:

The building is a house built in 1905 with a plastered and plastered strip facade with historicized decorative shapes. The house is 3-storey in 3 axes with a gable roof. Door in its original condition, new two-part windows without muntin division. In the ensemble this is an important testimony to the history of urban construction, worth preserving, especially for urban planning reasons.

1905 04.04.1985 1/052 (1/544)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 70
map
Part description:

It is a row house built on the eaves in 1911, 2-storey in 2 axes and a developed mansard roof. Original staircase; Front door renewed, window z. T. renewed. The house is important for the history of urban construction as part of the urban expansion area "Gründerzeitviertel". It is worth preserving for urban planning reasons.

1911 08.05.2003 1/336 (1/545)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 72
map
Part description:

It is a row house built on the eaves in 1911, 2-storey with a converted roof. Street-side facade in plaster with Art Nouveau decorative shapes, the rectangular wall openings are arranged in 3 axes. The interior of the house is largely original, particularly the entrance hall with its floor, stairs and half-height wall paneling made of white and black marble. The house, together with the neighboring houses on both sides, is a high-quality testimony to the bourgeois residential architecture between Art Nouveau and New Objectivity.

1911 01.12.1993 1/205 (1/546)
Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 74
map
Part description:

Houses nos. 70–78 form a closed front of five historic residential houses from nos. 74, 76, 78, committed to the strictly factual reform architecture by Peter Behrens, nos. 70 and 72 already similar, but a little more “picturesque and moving”. There is a public interest in maintaining the facade for urban planning reasons.

from 1908 15.05.2006 1/342 (1/547)
Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 76
map
Part description:

It is a two-storey residential house on the eaves, built in a row on both sides, three regular window axes wide, with a plastered facade over a base clad in natural stone. The entrance is in the left axis, mirror image of the otherwise identically designed neighboring house No. 78 with the entrance in the right axis.

from 1908 20.06.2006 1/343 (1/548)
Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 78
map
Part description:

It is a two-storey residential house on the eaves, built in a row on both sides, three regular window axes wide, with a plastered facade over a base clad in natural stone. The entrance is on the left axis, a mirror image of the otherwise identically designed neighboring house No. 76 with the entrance on the left axis. There is a public interest in maintaining the facade (street-side wall and roof areas) for urban planning reasons.

from 1908 20.06.2006 1/344 (1/549)
Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 84
map
Part description:

According to its design, the residential building at Sternstrasse 84 was built in close proximity to the neighboring house 86, dated 1907. The eaves-standing two-story house is built on both sides as a row house. Its three-axis facade shows a dwelling on both floors. The entrance is raised over steps in the left axis. The attic is designed as an attic facing the street, into which modern skylights are built. There is a public interest in maintaining the facade (street-side wall and roof areas) for urban planning reasons.

from 1908 01.06.2006 1/345 (1/550)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 86
map
Part description:

Built in 1907; Plastered facade with historicizing and Art Nouveau decorative shapes; 2-storey in 3 axes with a mansard roof. 1979 modernized with interior renovation, new dormer window with 2 windows, door in its original condition, windows new.

1907 06.01.1986 1/072 (1/551)
Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Residential house, facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 88
map
Part description:

According to its design, the residential building at Sternstrasse 88 was built in close proximity to the neighboring house 86, dated 1907. The eaves-standing two-story house is built on both sides as a row house. Its three-axis facade shows a dwelling on both floors. The entrance with the old front door is nestled in via steps in the left axis. The windows have been renewed, a rectangular dormer window was subsequently installed over the right axis.

from 1908 01.06.2006 1/346 (1/552)
Residential building facade, street-side roof area Residential building facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 90
map
Part description:

Eaves three-storey terraced house, built on both sides, plaster facade with four axes. Roof area with modern roof windows, windows and front door new. As an integral part of the Sternstrasse ensemble, house number 90 is important for the city of Neuss.

from 1908 22.01.2006 1/347 (1/553)


Residential building facade, street-side roof area Residential building facade, street-side roof area Downtown
Sternstrasse 94
map
Part description:

Built around 1905/10, 2-storey in non-continuous axes, expanded mansard roof, plastered and half-timbered facade in Art Nouveau forms. Rectangular door and window openings with stucco framing, high plinth, front door framing slightly pulled forward, above skylight with twin windows, window e.g. T. original, door renewed. The house at Sternstrasse No. 94 is an important testimony to the history of urban development around 1900. Its facade with the street-side roof area is worth preserving for reasons of architectural history and urban development.

One 1905/10 05.01.2004 1/338 (1/554)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 96
map
Part description:

Built in 1906 as a 2-storey house in 4 axes with a plastered facade in historical and Art Nouveau forms and a saddle roof. Above the 3 axles on the left, a dwarf house with a crooked hip roof. In the right axis entrance portal with recessed front door, pilasters framing, above it a flat bay window with profiled gable roofing. Windows and front door new, simplified, renewed balcony on the upper floor. The house at Sternstrasse No. 96 is an important testimony to the history of urban development around 1900.

1905/07 02.03.2005 1/348 (1/555)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 98
map
Part description:

It is an eaves-standing two-storey residential house, built on both sides as a row house, above a high rusticated base with separate basement access and two plastered residential floors. The roof is developed as an attic. As an integral part of the Sternstrasse ensemble, house number 98 is important for the city of Neuss.

a 1905 22.01.2007 1/349 (1/556)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 100
map
Part description:

The house was built in 1905/10 as a 2-storey building in 3 axes with a gable roof. The plastered facade is accentuated in the central axis with a half-timbered gable house. The front door with skylight is located on the left axis. Dormer windows are new, windows z. T. original, door with new glass wing. The house at Sternstrasse No. 100 is an important testimony to the history of urban development around 1900.

1905/10 05.01.2005 1/350 (1/557)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Sternstrasse 102
map
Part description:

Eaves two-storey terraced house on three axes, the structure largely of the same type as No. 100, simple plastered facade with narrow jagged pilaster strips at the corners. The house entrance with the old door is the mirror image of No. 100 in the right axis. As an integral part of the Sternstrasse ensemble, house no. 102 is important for the city of Neuss.

1905/07 22.01.2007 1/351 (1/558)
Residential house with restaurant Residential house with restaurant Downtown
Sternstrasse 104
map
Part description:

Built in 1905. 3-storey corner house at Kanalstraße / Sternstraße with gable roofs, on the sloping corner of the building a 5-sided, tower-like, extended bay window in the roof zone. The street-side facades in 3: 1: 6 partly as irregular window axes, the wall surfaces in differently structured plaster and with Art Nouveau decorative shapes. Windows and doors not original.

1905 15.07.1993 1/203 (1/559)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Thywissenstrasse 1
map
Built around 1925 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops as a 2-storey end house in 3 axes with a loft and hipped roof. Brick, portal with semi-columns made of ashlar; Windows renewed, wooden shutters no longer available; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

one 1925 07.01.1997 3/045 (1/560)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Thywissenstrasse 3
map
Built around 1925 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops as a 2-storey terraced house in 3 axes with extended gables and pitched roofs; Brick, portal with semi-columns made of ashlar; largely original windows, but cross bars removed; wooden shutters no longer exist; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

One 1925 15.12.1996 3/046 (1/561)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Thywissenstrasse 5
map
Built around 1925 by the city of Neuss as part of a housing complex with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops as a 2-storey terraced house in 3 axes with a loft, saddle roof; Brick, portal with semi-columns made of ashlar; Windows mostly renewed; wooden shutters; characteristic front yard edging.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

One 1925 07.01.1997 3/047 (1/562)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Thywissenstrasse 35
map
Built around 1925 by the city of Neuss as part of a settlement ensemble with officers' apartments for Belgian occupation troops as a 2-storey corner house, hipped roof and saddle roof, adjoining the rows of houses on Deutsche Strasse and Thywissenstrasse, in 4: 3: 3 axes; Brick, windows and door frames made of stone with decorative shapes from the 1920s; Corner structure emphasized by a particularly pronounced roof cornice made of ashlar as well as by corner pilasters with ashlar capitals; slightly forward portal axis with rectangular window; Original front door, window renewed; Front yard.

Part of a high-quality example of a residential area built in the traditionalist design language from the 1920s, worth preserving for architectural and urban planning as well as local and social-historical reasons.

One 1925 07.01.1997 3/048 (1/563)
Residential and commercial building Residential and commercial building Downtown
Tückingstrasse 2 at the corner of Kapitelstrasse
map
Part description:

The house was built in 1910. It is an eaves-standing 3-storey corner house in 6: 1: 3 axes with a mansard roof. The corner of Tückingstrasse and Kapitelstrasse is emphasized by a beveled 3-axis risalit. The street facade is a plaster facade in strips and rough plaster with Art Nouveau decor. In 1990 the inside of the house was rebuilt. The original wooden stairs and the red floor tiles on the ground floor have been preserved. Windows, shop windows and doors have been renewed. The house is important for the urban history of Neuss. Preservation and use of the building are of public interest for reasons of urban development and architectural history.

1910 03.01.2007 1/380 (1/564)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Tückingstrasse 4
map
Part description:

The house was built in 1909. It is an eaves-standing, 2-storey plastered house in 3 axes with a slate mansard roof. A high curved gable rises above the two right axes with two arched windows, the year of construction is indicated in a cartouche framed by foliage. The house is important for the urban history of Neuss. Preservation and use of the building are of public interest for reasons of urban development and architectural history.

1909 03.01.2007 1/381 (1/565)
Residential building Residential building Downtown
Tückingstrasse 8
map
Part description:

The house was built around 1910. It is an eaves-standing 2-storey house in 3 axes with a plastered facade in Art Nouveau forms, a slate-covered mansard roof and an asymmetrically arranged dwarf house over the two right axes. The entrance portal is in the left axis. The gable roof has a strong roof overhang. The house is important for the urban history of Neuss. Preservation and use of the building are of public interest for reasons of urban development and architectural history.

one 1910 03.01.2007 1/383 (1/566)
Former town hall and memorial Former town hall and memorial Norf
Vellbrüggener Straße 29
map
Rathaus:

It is a representative, two-storey exposed brick building in 6 axes. The hipped roof with a wide slide is pan-covered. The central axis emphasizes a 4-axis roof house with a triangular gable. In the middle of the ridge sits an 8-sided, slated bell tower.

Cenotaph:

In front of the house entrance of the former town hall there is a memorial that was inaugurated in 1924. It shows a stone sculpture "Soldier leaning on helmet" on a stone base. The inscription reads: Built in 1924
Restored in 1972
They died so we could live
Tears brought the war.
1914-18
1939-45

The building is important for human history, especially the history of cities and settlements. It is significant for the local and settlement history of the Norf district because, as a representative, clearly preserved administration building with high-quality details in an important urban location, it marks the administrative center of the formerly independent local area.

1912 16.11.2007 8/016 (1/567)
Residential houses Residential houses Furth
Viersener Strasse 28–32, 34–46
map
Settlement ensemble built in 1929/30 by the Neusser Gemeinnützigen Bauverein AG according to plans by the architects Dominikus Heurich and Heinrich Ingerfeld; two-story apartment buildings made of brick masonry with towering hipped or saddle roofs; long dormers; with the exception of the houses Viersener Strasse and Marienburger Strasse 27–31 walled front gardens; rhythmic structure of the facades through the arrangement of windows and stairwells; Staircases with vertical emphasis with windows spanning floors above the entrances with their expansive canopies; sparingly inserted decorative details (eaves, window and door frames, front door canopies made of stone plaster; surface reliefs made of brick between windows and at the house entrances); Window z. T. combined in pairs - also across corners through stone plaster or stone plaster and brick reliefs; Windows and doors z. T. original.

As an example of a traditionalist housing estate around 1929/30, it is worth preserving for reasons of architecture and town planning as well as local and social history.

1929/30 19.08.1992 2/009 (1/568)
Sühnekapelle Sühnekapelle Hoisten
Villestraße
Karte
Part description:

On July 28, 1883, wafers that had been stolen from the Hoistener church were found on Villenstrasse. A chapel was built at this point as atonement for the deed. It is a small chapel, made of yellow and red bricks with a three-sided choir, a slightly forward pointed arched entrance with a wrought iron grille. The chapel was originally surrounded by a stone wall.

1929/30 21.09.1998 7/013 (1/569)
Gas station Gas station Grimlinghausen
Volmerswerther Strasse 71
map
Part description:

Erected in 1948 by the German-American Petroleum Company (DAPG). Architect Philip Schmitz. It is a tank attendant's house with a lounge for the gas station attendant and ancillary rooms, elliptical floor plan on a small tank island, flat-roofed, with a basement, mushroom-shaped roof supported by central supports, glazed Kobus between the supports, which takes up the neon sign "Esso". The gas station, completed in 1948, represents an early type of gas station from the post-war period and documents the progressive development in the field of transport and the auto industry in the immediate post-war period. There are scientific, in particular architectural-historical and urban planning reasons for their preservation and use.

1948 22.11.2000 9/007 (1/570)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigsviertel
Von-Stein-Platz 1
map
Part description:

Built in 1912 as part of a group of three single-family houses at vom-Stein-Platz1, Lörickstraße 2 and Lörickstraße 4, client and architect: Adolf Gürtler. 2-storey, pitched roof and hipped roof, expanded attic, plastered facade; The house is important for the history of urban construction as part of the “Dreikönigenviertel” urban expansion area, which began to be developed around 1900.

1912 10.01.2003 3/062 (1/571)
Rental housing group Rental housing group Dreikönigsviertel
Weberstrasse 6–20
map
Part description:

Built between 1925 and 1930 by the Neuss workers' housing cooperative as a 3-sided block perimeter development with 27 rental houses. Brick facades with decorative bandages and partly plastering; Regular change of two different building types, both 2-storey in 3 axes, gable roof

Type 1:

central entrance axis, corridor window with comprehensive framing and concluding cornice with pointed arch in brick, intermediate window surfaces with decorative bandage, central axis reaching into the roof gable flanked by 2 windows, gable three times stepped flat.

Type 2:

Entrance axis with that of the neighboring house arranged in pairs with a continuous cornice, corridor window with decorative bandages, summarizing framing and cornice end at the height of the eaves, above the lower, twice stepped gable flanked by 2 dormers; on the Körnerstraße different design of the entrance axes with plastering and straight end just above the eaves; Corner building Schillerstraße / Weberstraße 3rd storey in 3: 4 axes, mansard roof, corner axis set back; on Weberstrasse large dormer window with 3 windows and triangular gables; Corner building facing Körnerstraße, also with a recessed corner axis, on the ground floor shop installation; Doors in their original condition, modernized in 1985, with new plastic windows restoring the original muntin division, extension of balconies on the inside of the block, inside e.g. T. apartments summarized.

between 1925 and 1930 29.04.1985 3/002 (1/572)
school-building school-building Dreikönigsviertel
Weingartstrasse 59 and 61
map
Part description:

2 school buildings with connecting wing, built by the city of Neuss at different times. First elementary school, later various school uses, now commercial vocational school. Northern school building built in 1903 as a primary school. Southern school building built in 1928/29 as an elongated 3-storey main building with a high hipped roof. The school buildings are an important testimony to the development of school construction in Neuss.

1928/29 14.12.1995 3/026 (1/573)
Former  Waterworks Former Waterworks Dreikönigsviertel
Weingartstrasse 60
map
Part description:

Machine house (pumping station) and foreman house of the first Neuss waterworks, built in 1880/81 by Ing.Heinrich Scheven from Bochum in concession, taken over by the city of Neuss in 1883, shut down in 1979. Core building brick hall in 7 axes with flat gable roof on steel trusses. The Werkmeisterhaus is a free-standing brick house, 2-storey in 3: 3 axes, with a flat gable roof protruding all around.

1880/81 14.04.1988 3/007 (1/574)
Residential houses Residential houses Weißenberg
Weißenberger Weg 59–83, 125–129
map
Statute for the protection of the Kolpingviertel monument area in the city of Neuss

On May 30, 1986, the Council of the City of Neuss, based on Section 5 of the Act on the Protection and Maintenance of Monuments in the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Monument Protection Act - DSchG) of March 11, 1980 (GV. NW. P. 226), last amended by the law of November 6, 1984 (GV. NW. p. 663), these statutes adopted:

§ 1 Order of protection

The area of ​​the Kolpingviertel described in § 2 is hereby placed under protection as a monument area according to § 5 of the Monument Protection Act NW.

§ 2 Territorial scope

The monument area comprises the following streets or street sections with the adjacent house plots:

- the Frankenstrasse in the section between the house plots No. 24 - 58 (north side) and the house plots No. 31-59 (south side),

- the house plots nos. 112 - 120 located on Fuhrter Strasse (not the street area of ​​Further Strasse), - Gotenstrasse, without the house plot nr. 30, - Kettelerstrasse, - Kolpingstrasse, - Römerstrasse in the section between the house plots Nos. 50 - 68 (east side) or the house plots nos. 49 - 69 (west side) as well as the house plots nos. 71 - 79, - the house plots nos. 59 - 83 and 125 - 129 (not the street area) located on Weissenberger Weg of the Weissenberger Weg).

The boundaries of the monument area are outlined in black in the plan produced on a scale of 1: 2000, which is attached as Annex 1 of these statutes as part of the plan.

§ 3 Material scope

With these statutes the historical cityscape of the Kolpingviertel is placed under protection. The protected cityscape is determined by the street layout (cityscape floor plan), by the partially inherited stock of trees in the street area, and by the original structure of the building parts visible in the street area, which has been preserved from the time it was built. Details on this can be found in the plan “Building fabric of the building fronts” produced on a scale of 1: 2000 and the associated photo documentation, which is included as part of Annex 2 to these statutes.

§ 4 Measures requiring a permit

In the designated monument area Kolpingviertel, measures according to § 9 of the Monument Protection Act NW are subject to approval. The regulations of the Monument Protection Act apply.

§ 5 Justification

The residential area on both sides of Kolpingstrasse, within the boundaries of the monument area, is a testimony to earlier cooperative settlement activities in Neuss. The economic upswing that began after 1871 brought with the expansion of the port and the settlement of new industrial companies a strong influx of workers for whom inexpensive and family-friendly apartments had to be created as close as possible to the company. In Neuss, the workers' housing cooperative eGmbH, founded in 1901, took on this task, which acquired the areas between Further Straße and Weissenberger Weg and built on it in sections with the help of well-known Neuss architects. In 1903 the first houses were built on Kolpingstrasse as the main axis of the new settlement plan. Until the First World War, the streets branching off from it were largely built on. In the 20s and 30s, a few vacant lots were closed, especially on the edges of the new settlement, and the building block between Römerstraße and Weissenberger Weg was built.

The appearance of the settlement still has its old homogeneity today, which has largely been preserved in the street layout and the formal language of the facades. The area, which was built up until the First World War, is characterized by two-and-a-half-storey two-family houses with varied facades made of exposed brick, grouted brick or plastered surfaces, often with large street-side gables. The later buildings of the 20s and 30s are mostly three-storey apartment buildings with exposed brick facades and are more uniform and more reserved. The houses that were rebuilt in the 1950s after being destroyed in the Second World War, especially on the north and south edges of the settlement, are relatively well adapted to the old buildings in terms of their appearance. In some places, the historical appearance of the settlement is more disturbed by the modernization of individual houses and replacement buildings from more recent times, which are unsatisfactory in terms of design. In the case of future changes, a better fit is to be aimed for.

As a document of the cooperative workers' housing construction in the first third of this century, the Kolpingviertel is an important testimony to the social and urban development of Neuss. There is therefore a public interest in maintaining this residential area in its traditional historical appearance, which is taken into account with these statutes.

The expert opinion of the Rhineland Regional Association - Rhenish Office for Monument Preservation - of November 25, 1985, which is relevant for the above justification, is attached to these statutes for information as Annex 3.

§ 6 entry into force

These statutes come into force on the day after their public announcement.

Kolping district (1/575)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Wendersstrasse 5
map
Part description:

Built in 1917 by Wilhelm Büsges as a 2-storey semi-detached house, half-hipped roof / saddle roof. Plastered facade on the front and side, garden side in exposed brickwork. Original window; Renovations in the 1950s, including installation of a basement garage, an office in the basement with an entrance from the street, new entrance stairs, new terrace. Important testimony to the history of urban construction at the beginning of the 20th century, worth preserving for scientific and architectural-historical reasons as the type of “semi-detached house as a single-family house” and for urban planning reasons.

1917 30.09.1998 3/021 (1/576)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Wendersstraße 9
map
Part description:

The house at Wendersstrasse 9 was built around 1905 as a kind of two-storey semi-detached house with a crooked hip and a gable roof as a single-family house. Plastered facade on the front and side, the garden side in exposed brickwork. Conversions in the 1950s, including installation of a basement garage. Important testimony to the history of urban construction at the beginning of the 20th century, worth preserving for scientific and architectural-historical reasons as a type of "semi-detached house as a single-family house" as well as for and for urban planning reasons.

1905 04.08.2009 3/066 (1/577)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Wendersstrasse 18
map
Part description

Erected in 1910 as a corner house of a building block consisting of three single-family houses (No. 18–22) with identical ridge and eaves height; 2-storey in 3 axes, hipped roof, plaster facade with Art Nouveau stucco details. Original front door and window, diamond-shaped staircase window in the side; Original interior details and front yard edging. Important testimony to the history of urban construction at the beginning of the 20th century, worth preserving for scientific and architectural-historical reasons as a type of “grouped single-family house” as well as for urban planning reasons.

1910 10.01.1997 3/049 (1/578)
Residential building Residential building Dreikönigenviertel
Wendersstrasse 20
map
Part description:

Erected in 1910 as the middle house of a building block consisting of three single-family houses (No. 18–22) with identical ridge and eaves height; 2-storey in 3 axes, saddle roof, plaster facade with Art Nouveau stucco details. Front door and window renewed, front garden. Important testimony to the history of urban construction at the beginning of the 20th century, worth preserving for scientific and architectural-historical reasons as a type of “grouped single-family house” as well as for urban planning reasons.

1910 28.01.1997 3/050 (1/579)
Residential house with restaurant Residential house with restaurant Downtown
Zollstrasse 15
map
Part description:

Built in the 18th century; corner house on Michaelstrasse originally consisting of 2 houses, later a restaurant built into the ground floor; Plastered facade with historicizing decorative shapes. 1984/85 Inside completely renewed while maintaining the old storey heights, new mansard roof, new windows.

18th century 04.04.1985 1/053 (1/580)