5 meters of poems - 5 metros de poemas
|5 meters of poems|
|by Carlos Oquendo de Amat|
The title comes from the fourth poem in the book, named "Réclam", whose last verse reads:
bought for the moon 5 meters of poems
The cover was designed by the artist Emilio Goyburu , a motif of four theatrical faces in front of a curtain.
5 meters of poems is the only collection of poems by the author, which includes 18 poems. Outside of it, he only published a few poems in magazines of the time, such as Amauta (magazine) .
It is a book-accordion since, literally, it opens showing his "five meters of poems". It should be clarified that there is a warning, before the first poem entitled "Aldeanita", in which the author says:
Open the book like someone peeling a fruit
5 Meters of Poems is a striking collection of poems for its visual variety, for its quick-read content and for the originality in the layout, using agile forms and words, ahead of its time. According to Carlos Germán Belli , the conception of this book has its starting point in the thought of Jean Epstein , who, in a study on avant-garde poetry, stated: "Before five years, cinematographic poems will be written: 150 meters and 100 images in rosary in a thread that intelligence will follow. "
This book defiantly joined the avant-garde trend, characterized by a renewal, advance and exploration intention.
5 meter editions of poems
- 5 Meters of Poems . Cover by Emilio Goyburu. Lima, Editorial Minerva , 12-31-1927 [just released in 1929] (Prince Edition).
- 5 meters of poems . Lima, Editorial Decantar, 1968.
- Return to the other margin . Lima, Casa de la Cultura del Perú, 1970. (Peruvian poetry anthology, selected by Mirko Lauer and Abelardo Oquendo, which contains 5 meters of poems in addition to four poems published only in magazines of the time; later this anthology was published in Spain with the title Surrealistas & otros peruanos insulares [Barcelona, Ocnos, 1973]).
- 5 meters of poems . Lima, Petróleos del Perú, Editorial Ausonia Talleres Gráficos SA, 1980. (Facsimile edition).
- 5 meters of poems . Foreword by JM Gutiérrez Souza. Colophons by Carlos Meneses and J. Luis Ayala. Madrid, Editorial Origins SA, La Lira de Licario Collection, 1986. ISBN 978-84-85563-50-0
- 5 meters of poems . Presentation by Alberto Tauro del Pino. Lima, Municipality of Metropolitan Lima, Munilibros Nº 3, s / f . (Facsimile edition).
- 5 meters of poems . Puno, Lluxlla Editores Group, 1986.
- Angel voice . Complete poetic work and notes for its study. Prologue and colophon by Carlos Germán Belli. Lima, Editorial Colmillo Blanco, Arena Collection, 1990.
- 5 meters of poems . Presentation ("Oquendo de Amat: good adventurer of emotions", pp. 7-16) by Daniel Salas Díaz. Lima, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, El Manantial Oculto Collection 27, 2002. 
- 5 meters of poems . Madrid, Ediciones el Taller del Libro, Poetry Collection, 2004. ISBN 84-933844-1-0 .
- 5 meters of poems . Foreword by J. Luis Ayala. Puno, Pro Cultura, Regional Government of Puno, 2004.
- 5 meters of poems . Lima, Arteidea Editores, 2005.
- 5 meters of poems . Lima, Editorial Universitaria de la Universidad Ricardo Palma, 2005. (Facsimile edition).
- 5 meters of poems . Lima-Arequipa, Ediciones Aquelarre SAC, 2006. ISBN 978-612-45472-0-1 (Facsimile edition).
- 5 meters of poems . México DF, Textofilia Ediciones, 2009. ISBN 978-607-7818-01-4
- 5 meters of poems . Puno, Qhala Editores, 2011. (Facsimile edition).
- 5 meters of poems and other texts . Presentation ("Carlos Oquendo de Amat seen from the poetics of the game") and edition by Sylvia Miranda . Lima- Ica : Abraham Valdelomar Library, December 2012. 76 pp. (La Fuente Escondida Collection; 3). [Contains: facsimile reproduction of the prince edition of 5 meters of poems , texts that appeared in periodical publications between 1923 and 1929 in facsimile reproduction ("Nature", "Universal Photography", "The man who had no back", "Rain", "Song of the May girl", "Surrealist poem of the elephant and song", "Poem of the girl and the flower" and "The angel and the rose"), fragments and unfinished poems,Los sapos y otros personas by Alberto Hidalgo (1927)].
- 5 meters of poems . Lima, Counterculture Bookstore Editions, 2013.
- 5 meters of poems . Edition by Cecilia Podestá. Lima, Máquina Purísima Ediciones, 2014. (Facsimile edition).
Translations into other languages
- Five Meters of Poems . English translation by David M. Guss, with woodcuts by Antonio Frasconi. Isla Vista, California, Turkey Press, 1986. 
- Complete Poetry . Translation into Asturian by Vicente García Oliva. Asturias, Academia de la Llingua Asturiana, Collection Llibrería Académica 1993. ISBN 978-84-8168-000-3 
- 5 meters of poems / 5 meters of poetry . Italian translation by Riccardo Badini. Italy, offprint of the magazine In Forma di Parole , 2003. (Italian-Spanish bilingual edition). 
- 5 Meters of Poems . English translation by Joshua Beckman and Alejandro de Acosta. Brooklyn, New York, Ugly Duckling Presse, 2010. ISBN 978-1-933254-59-3 (Spanish-English bilingual edition) 
About 5 meters of poems
- Ana Maria Rocha. Space and significance in 5 meters of poems by Carlos Oquendo de Amat . (Baccalaureate Thesis). Lima: Pontifical Catholic University of Peru , 1972.
- Carlos German Belli. The Poetry of Oquendo de Amat . (Doctoral thesis). Lima: Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos , Faculty of Letters and Human Sciences, Professional Academic School of Literature, 1980.
- Jannine Montauban del Solar. "The parody in 5 meters of poems by Carlos Oquendo de Amat", in: Cifra Nueva No. 9-10, culture magazine of the University of Los Andes , Trujillo , Venezuela , January-December 1999, pp. 101-111; Also reproduced in: Plural No. 8, Lima, January-December 1999, magazine of the Faculty of General Studies Program of the University of Lima . 
- Carlos Meneses. "Verses of 80 years in 5 meters of poems ", in: Identidades Nº 93, Lima, 2005. 
- Selenco Vega Jácome. Mirrors of modernity: Avant-garde, experience and cinema in 5 meters of poems. Lima: San Ignacio de Loyola University , 2010; 158 pp. 
- José Miguel Vásquez Agüero. Cinematic experience in 5 Metros De Poemas by Carlos Oquendo de Amat . (Bachelor's Thesis). Lima: Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Faculty of Letters and Human Sciences, Professional Academic School of Literature. 2010. 
- José Cárdenas Jara. "Resistance and creolization: Towards the construction of a migrant subject in 5 Metros de Poemas de Carlos Oquendo de Amat". Paper presented at the XVII Colloquium of Literature Students, September 10-13, 2012 , Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú. [eleven]