5th Lower Silesian Infantry Regiment No. 154 - 5. Niederschlesisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 154
5th Lower Silesian Infantry Regiment No. 154
|active||March 31, 1897|
|Armed forces||Prussian Army|
|Branch of service||Infantry|
|Former locations||Jauer, Striegau|
Since the IV (half) battalions formed in accordance with AKO of August 11, 1893 in all infantry regiments by October 2, with their two weak companies with a total strength of 201 officers, non-commissioned officers and men (including battalion staff), proved to be too weak for peace service, they were disbanded and the personnel used to set up new regiments. The Infantry Regiment No. 154 was also set up in the course of this army expansion on April 1, 1897. The 1st Battalion was formed from the 4th Battalion of the 3rd Lower Silesian Infantry Regiment No. 50 and the 4th Battalion of the 3rd Posen Infantry Regiment No. 58 , the IVth Battalion of the Grenadier Regiment No. 7and Infantry Regiment No. 19 formed the II Battalion. The III. The battalion was only set up in 1913 from charges of the 3rd Company (Kp) / Infantry Regiment (IR) No. 58, the 8th Kp / IR 46, the 8th Kp / IR 37 and the 10th Kp / IR 47. [ 1]
Together with the Grenadier Regiment "King Wilhelm I" (2nd West Prussian) No. 7, it formed the 19th Infantry Brigade belonging to the 19th Division .
On January 27, 1902, Wilhelm II. The AKO issued a name extension for all associations that had previously been run without a rural name for better differentiation and to establish tradition. From this point on, the regiment was called the 5th Lower Silesian Infantry Regiment No. 154.
First World War
Between September and October 1916, the regiment was supplemented by a newly established 2nd and 3rd MG company.
The tradition took over in the Reichswehr by decree of the chief of the army command, General of the Infantry Hans von Seeckt of August 24th, 1921, the 2nd and 4th companies of the 3rd (Prussian) Infantry Regiment .
|Oberst||Emil Barbenès||March 22, 1897 to June 15, 1900|
|Oberst||Erich Kotschote||June 16, 1900 to February 16, 1903|
|Oberst||Paul Röhrssen||February 17, 1903 to June 19, 1904|
|Oberst||Hans von Brüsewitz||July 20, 1904 to April 9, 1906|
|Oberst||Georg Karl Hildebrandt||April 10, 1906 to March 21, 1910|
|Oberst||Lothar Rehbach||March 22, 1910 to April 17, 1913|
|Oberst||Otto Daubert||April 18, 1913 to September 18, 1914|
|Oberst||Karl Friedrichs||September 19, 1914 to June 19, 1915|
|Oberst||Georg Charles de Beaulieu||June 20, 1915 to October 14, 1917|
|Lieutenant colonel||Zeihe||October 15, 1917 until demobilization|
- Jürgen Kraus : Handbook of the associations and troops of the German army 1914-1918. Part VI: Infantry. Volume 1: Infantry Regiments. Publishing house Militaria. Vienna 2007. ISBN 978-3-902526-14-4 . P. 242.
- Curt Jany: The Royal Prussian Army and the German Reichsheer 1807 to 1914 . Publishing house by Karl Siegismund. Berlin 1933, p. 300f.
- Günter Wegmann (ed.), Günter Wegner: Formation history and staffing of the German armed forces 1815-1990. Part 1: Occupation of the German armies 1815–1939. Volume 2: The staffing of the active infantry regiments as well as the hunter and machine gun battalions, military district commands and training managers from the foundation or list until 1939. Biblio Verlag. Osnabrück 1992. ISBN 3-7648-1782-8 . P. 362.