6: 2-Fluorothelomersulfonic acid - 6:2-Fluortelomersulfonsäure
|Name||6: 2-Fluorothelomersulfonic acid|
|other names|| |
|Sum formula||C 8 H 5 F 13 O 3 S|
|Brief description|| |
white to light brown solid 
|External identifiers / databases|
|Molar mass||428.17 g · mol −1|
|Physical state|| |
1,953 g·cm−3 (20 °C)
|Melting point|| |
|pK s value|| |
658 g·l−1 in Wasser (20 °C)
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions .|
6: 2- fluorotelomersulfonic acid ( 6: 2-FTS ) is a chemical compound that belongs to the group of per- and polyfluorinated alkyl compounds (PFAS). Due to its structural similarity to PFOS , it is also called H 4 PFOS . 
Extraction and presentation
6: 2-FTS and its derivatives are used as a substitute for perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS) or its salts in extinguishing foams .   It is also in hard and Dekorativverchromungsverfahren in the electroplating used as a substitute for the forbidden PFOS.    Under REACH , 6: 2-FTS was initially only pre-registered, but was then registered in the EEA in 2019 for the tonnage range of 1–10 tonnes per year . 
- N. Wang, J. Liu, R. C. Buck, S. H. Korzeniowski, B. W. Wolstenholme, P. W. Folsom, L. M. Sulecki: 6:2 fluorotelomer sulfonate aerobic biotransformation in activated sludge of waste water treatment plants. In: Chemosphere. Band 82, Nummer 6, Februar 2011, S. 853–858, doi:10.1016/j.chemosphere.2010.11.003, PMID 21112609.
- laenderfinanzierungsprogramm.de: 01_Anhang_A_Grundlagen PFC work aid ( memento from September 23, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on September 23, 2016.
- PFT and Analytics ( Memento from September 22, 2016 in the Internet Archive ). LANUV , accessed September 23, 2016.
- The Danish Environmental Protection Agency: Short chain Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS), 2015, ISBN 978-87-93352-15-5, abgerufen am 23. September 2016.
- The use of PFAS and fluorine-free alternatives in fire-fighting foams. 2020 (europa.eu [PDF]).
- Xiaoling Yang, Jun Huang, Kunlun Zhang, Gang Yu, Shubo Deng, Bin Wang: Stability of 6:2 fluorotelomer sulfonate in advanced oxidation processes: degradation kinetics and pathway. In: Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 21, 2014, S. 4634–4642, doi:10.1007/s11356-013-2389-z.
- H. Hauser, L. Füglister, T. Scheffelmaier: Use of fluorosurfactants in the electroplating industry , 2020.
- Wolfram Willand, Yifaat Baron, Markus Blepp, Roland Weber, Christine Herold: Best available techniques for PFOS substitution in the surface treatment of metals and plastics and analysis of alternative substances to PFOS when used in systems for chrome plating and plastic pickling . Federal Environment Agency, Nov. 2020 ( umweltbundesamt.de ).
- InfoCard for 3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,8-tridecafluorooctanesulphonic acid of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), accessed on November 18, 2019.