62nd Division (People's Army of the Republic) - 62.ª División (Ejército Popular de la República)
|Active||July 1938-January 1939?|
|Rama/s||Regular People's Army|
|Wars and battles|
|Spanish Civil War|
The 62nd Division was one of the divisions of the People's Army of the Republic that was organized during the Spanish Civil War on the basis of mixed brigades . It was deployed on the front of Catalonia.
Previously a division on the northern front had already used this numbering. [ n. 1 ]
The division was recreated again in July 1938, within the XXIV Army Corps . [ 2 ] Command fell to Commander Pedro Sugrañes Español , leaving the unit made up of the 135th , 173rd and 174th mixed brigades . [ 3 ] The division was located in the rear of the republican front in Catalonia. It then began its training and organization process, although it would never become a fully operational unit. In December 1938 she was still attached to the XXIV Army Corps, [ 4 ]In training phase. However, the 62nd Division would end up being dissolved and its forces destined for the Military Command of Seo de Urgel . [ 5 ]
- infantry commander Pedro Sugrañes Español ;
- Political commissioners
Order of battle
|Date||Attached Army Corps||Integrated Mixed Brigades||Battle front|
|July 1938||XXIV Army Corps||135.ª , 173.ª y 174.ª||Reservation|
- Engel , Carlos (1999). History of the Mixed Brigades of the People's Army of the Republic . Madrid: Almena. 84-922644-7-0 .
- Martínez Bande , José Manuel (1978). The Battle of the Ebro . Madrid: Ed. San Martín.
- Peirats , José (1988). The CNT in the Spanish revolution . La Cuchilla artistic association.
- VV.AA. (1990). General history of Spain and America XVII . The second republic and the civil war . Madrid: Rialp Editions.
- Zaragoza , Cristóbal (1983). People's Army and Military of the Republic, 1936-1939 . Barcelona: Ed. Planeta.