6th Cavalry Rifle Division - 6. Kavallerie-Schützen-Division
6th Cavalry Rifle Division
|active ||May 1, 1918 to December 19, 1918 |
|State || German Empire |
|Armed forces || Prussian Army |
|Type || Cavalry Rifle Division |
See: Outline |
| First World War || Western Front |
The 6th Cavalry Rifle Division was a major unit of the Prussian army in the First World War .
Division of War of May 3, 1918
- 170th Landwehr Infantry Brigade
- Cavalry Rifle Command No. 3
- Cavalry Rifle Command No. 5
- Cavalry Rifle Command No. 45
Artillery Commander No. 133
- Engineer Battalion No. 420
- Divisional News Commander # 906
On May 1, 1918, the large formation was transformed from the 6th Cavalry Division to the 6th Cavalry Rifle Division and in the last year of the war came exclusively on the Western Front .
May 1st to July 5th --- Position battle in Upper Alsace
July 5th to September 9th --- Trench warfare in Flanders
August 28th to September 4th --- Fighting in front of the Ypres - La Bassee front
September 10-27 --- Defensive battle between Cambrai and St. Quentin
- 28 September to 17 October --- Defensive battle in Flanders
October 18-24 --- Post-war battles between Yser and Lys
- October 25th to November 1st --- Battle of the Lys
November 2nd to 4th --- rearguard fighting on both sides of the Scheldt
- November 12th to December 19th --- Evacuation of the occupied territory and march home
|Rank ||Name ||
Date  |
|Major general ||Georg Saenger ||May 1, 1918 to January 22, 1919 |
- Hall of Fame of our Old Army. Published on the basis of official material from the Reich Archives . Military Publishing House. Berlin 1927. pp. 78, 178.
- ^ Dermot Bradley (Ed.), Günter Wegner: Occupation of the German Army 1815-1939. Volume 1: The higher command posts 1815-1939. Biblio Publishing House. Osnabrück 1990. ISBN 3-7648-1780-1 . P. 420.