7 Dates - 7 Fechas
|End of publication||1977|
|ISSN||9968-7089 and 2487-2598|
7 Dates was a graphic magazine, with a weekly circulation, published in Spain between 1949 and 1977. Belonging to the so-called “Movimiento” Press , it would eventually be distributed abroad for Spanish emigrants. [ 1 ]
Founded by Lucio del Álamo Urrutia —who would also be its first director—, [ 2 ] the magazine was born in 1949 as a graphic weekly published by the National Press and Radio Delegation of FET and de las JONS . [ 3 ] [ 4 ] initially had its drafting and workshops in Madrid Larra Street, next to the newspaper Arriba . [ 3 ] Later he moved to 142 avenida del Generalísimo .
In its early years, it was a publication with light content, although as of 1966 it began to introduce political content to a lesser extent - even receiving sanctions for certain articles. [ 3 ] He edited special supplements dedicated to the spring, summer, fall and Christmas seasons, with thematic reports.
Outside of Spain, the magazine had an edition for Germany , [ 4 ] intended for the Spanish emigrants who were there. [ 5 ] Subscriptions were provided by the Spanish Institute of Emigration (IEE). [ 5 ] Over time 7 Dates would come to occupy the space of the Falangist magazine Fotos , [ 6 ] disappeared in the 1960s
Since 1975 the General Secretariat of the «Movement» stopped publishing the national edition of 7 Dates , and the following year the magazine —which was only publishing the international edition— was left in charge of the Spanish Institute of Emigration after signing a contract with the National Delegation Press and Radio. [ 7 ] It continued to be published until its final disappearance in 1977. [ 6 ] By that time it had an average circulation of 25,000 copies. [ 8 ]
- Bardavío , Joaquín (1970). Leaders, Spain, 1970: Biographical repertoire of politicians, high militia, high clergy and various Spanish professionals . Ellacuria graphics.
- Calvo Salgado , Luis M .; Fernández Vicente , María José; Kreienbrink , Axel; Sanz Díaz , Carlos; Sanz Lafuente , Gloria (2009). History of the Spanish Institute of Emigration. The foreign migration policy of Spain and the IEE, from the Franco regime to the transition . Madrid: Ministry of Labor and Immigration . ISBN 978-84-8417-336-6 . Archived from the original on April 25, 2017.
- Fontes , Ignacio; Menéndez , Manuel Ángel (2004). Parliament Paper: Spanish journals in the democratic transition I . Madrid Press Association .
- González-Anleo , Juan (1981). Spanish Emigration at the crossroads. General framework of return emigration . Madrid: CIS .
- Pizarroso Quintero , Alejandro (2001). Journalism and journalists. From Gazettes to the Web . Spain New Millennium.
- Sánchez Rada , Juan (1996). Press, from the movement to socialism: 60 years of computer control . Forge.
- Sinova , Justin (2006). Press censorship during the Franco regime . Barcelona: DeBolsillo. ISBN 84-8346-134-X .
- Timoteo Álvarez , Jesús (1989). History of the media in Spain: journalism, image and advertising, 1900-1990 . Ariel.