Started from the Bottom / KrabbenKoke Tape - Started from the Bottom / KrabbenKoke Tape
|Started from the Bottom / KrabbenKoke Tape|
|Studio album by Spongebozz|
|Label(s)||Bikini Bottom Mafia (Soulfood)|
26 (31 mit Payback #forsundiego)
ONLINE MIXING STUDIO in Leipzig (Peer Hahnefeld)
Started from the Bottom / KrabbenKoke Tape (abbreviation: SFTB / KKT ) is the second music album by the German-speaking rapper Spongebozz . The double album was released on June 9, 2017 via the independent label Bikini Bottom Mafia and is distributed via Soulfood and recordJet.
After SpongeBOZZ released his debut album in 2015, the rapper no longer appeared musically. In December 2016 there were several false reports about an imminent publication of the rapper; Among other things, several YouTube channels announced a music video 'SpongeBOZZ' for December 21, 2016 on the JuliensBlogBattle channel . This information turned out to be incorrect.
After information about the album was leaked on December 23, 2016 , it reached first place in the sales charts at the online distributor Amazon within a day, purely through pre-orders . Subsequently, several artists under contract with the Bikini Bottom Mafia label published the Amazon link on Facebook, which fans perceived as confirmation.  The first reaction to the album was SpongeBOZZ himself by adapting his Facebook profile picture and front page to the album cover.   Just a few days later, on January 9, 2017, the first tracks on the album SFTB / Apocalyptic Infinitypublished on YouTube without notice.  These served on the one hand as advertising for the double album, but they were also SpongBOZZ's comeback and served as an announcement of a disrack against Kollegah .
The term Started From the Bottom was already used by the Canadian rapper Drake in the track Started from the Bottom on the album Nothing Was the Same and is referred to by SpongeBOZZ as a bite or copy in the first song . The first track of the album also has this name.
The term KrabbenKoke is a neologism that SpongeBOZZ has often used .
- "Multimillionaire through planktonweed and crab coca smuggling" - SpongeBOZZ in Planktonweed , April 5, 2015  
- "Street deals with plankton weed, street deals with crab coke" - SpongeBOZZ in Killa , February 2, 2014  
- "Dopes rap, the G of plankton weed and crab coke checked out" - SpongeBOZZ in Intro , April 17, 2015 
- "Who wants to fuck with the crab coke and plankton weed distributors?" - SpongeBOZZ in John F. Kennedy , June 28, 2014  
- "Today it's the crab coke trade with kilos of hustle" - SpongeBOZZ in trust nobody , April 17, 2015 
- "Ticker das Krabbenkoke deal" - SpongeBOZZ in City of God , 17th April 2015 
Content and style of music
Started From the Bottom deals with topics such as the origin and career of the rapper. In the second part of the album, the KrabbenKoke Tape, SpongeBOZZ raps, as in his debut album Planktonweed Tape, mostly about crime and drugs, as well as insults against the German police . In several songs, punchlines are against various personalities such as Kollegah , the 257ers and the YouTuber Liont . The Hidden EP Payback #forsundiego consists of five titles directed against his former colleague and friend John Webber.
The album has no age limit .
As with Planktonweed, SpongeBOZZ uses tape trap beats from Digital Drama, on which he practices many different rap styles. The most famous of these is the double time . There are both very short doubletime sequences that, together with the beat, evoke his typical style. The rapper also uses auto-tune , mostly in the chorus .
As with the Planktonweed Tape, label colleague Patrick Bang is featured on the double album in the songs Bikini Bottom Gangster 2 and Krabbenkoke alongside SpongeBOZZ.
The double album consists of two parts, the Started From the Bottom and KrabbenKoke Tape hot . There is also a third part called "Payback #forsundiego", which is only included in the deluxe edition. The deluxe edition also includes the instrumentals for each track. Both the first and the second part of the album include 13 tracks "Payback #forsundiego" only five tracks. 
Started From the Bottom (Titel 1–13) – KrabbenKoke Tape (Titel 14–26) – Payback #forsundiego (Titel 27–31)
|Started From the Bottom|
|1||Started From the Bottom||Digital Drama||9. Januar 2017 (Audio & Video)||9:05||-|
|2||Apocalyptic Infinity||Digital Drama||9. Januar 2017 (Audio & Video)||18:29||-|
|3||Rolex O. Handschelle||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||4:15||-|
|4||The family||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||5:26||-|
|5||Bluff Millimet||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||4:04||-|
|6||Centurion Card||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||4:50||-|
|7||Yellow Bar Mitzvah||Digital Drama||25. Mai 2017 (Audio & Video)||3:53||-|
|8||Rhythm is a Gangster||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||4:38||-|
|9||Wory W Sakone||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||4:21||-|
|10||Zlatan Ibrahimovic||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:59||-|
|11||Hype Is Real||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:32||-|
|12||Moonrocks||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:01||-|
|13||Now We Here||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:49||-|
|14||ACAB II||Digital Drama||25. Mai 2017 (Audio & Video)||4:06||-|
|15||Blow||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:52||-|
|16||Guntalk||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:39||-|
|17||1% is||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:08||-|
|18||Pablo Escobar||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:50||-|
|19||Bikini Bottom Gangster II||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:56||Patrick Bang|
|20||Machinegunflows||Digital Drama||6. April 2017 (Audio)||4:00||-|
|21||El Chapo||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:47||-|
|22||Sin City||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:37||-|
|23||Scarface||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||4:20||-|
|24||Krabbenkoke||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:55||Patrick Bang|
|25||crazy dudes||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||3:31||-|
|26||Silver or lead||Digital Drama||9. June 2017 (Audio)||2:58||-|
|27||Chapter 1||Digital Drama||9. Juni 2017 (Audio & Video)||2:17||-|
|28||Chapter 2||Digital Drama||9. Juni 2017 (Audio & Video)||1:16||-|
|29||Chapter 3||Digital Drama||9. Juni 2017 (Audio & Video)||1:38||-|
|30||Chapter 4||Digital Drama||9. Juni 2017 (Audio & Video)||2:19||-|
|31||Chapter 5||Digital Drama||9. Juni 2017 (Audio & Video)||3:07||-|
The album was originally due to be released on March 17th, 2017, in keeping with the artist's birthday, but the date was then changed to May 12th, 2017. According to SpongeBOZZ, the reason for the postponement is his perfectionism, as he wrote on Facebook :
“I'm still working on the songs and only handing them in when I'm 100% satisfied. [sic] "
Two weeks before the announced release on May 12th, the album was postponed a second time. Even before the public announcement, fans speculated whether SpongeBOZZ would postpone the album one more time, because at that point no more had been heard from the artist. On April 27, the postponement was officially confirmed by SpongeBOZZ itself on Facebook and the new date set for June 9, 2017. SpongeBOZZ gave two reasons for the delay this time:
"Point 1: I just overwhelmed myself with the size of the project and couldn't bring myself to not make the songs perfect. [...] Point 2: It's Helene Fischer. There is absolutely no point in throwing the 1 away against someone playing in another universe. [sic] "
After the title ACAB II was published on the SpongeBozz YouTube channel at 1:12 p.m. on May 25, it quickly attracted a lot of attention and quickly gained over a million views. But just one day later, on May 26, 2017 at around 10:00 p.m., the music video of the track disappeared from YouTube without a statement from SpongeBOZZ. Yellow Bar Mitzvah , published on the same day, remained available online.
There was initially no announcement from SpongeBOZZ, but on June 1st the song was put back online on YouTube. The reasons for this are still not fully known:
- “ACAB II is online again! I am not allowed to say anything about it, except that we were able to avert the matter for the time being! "- SpongeBOZZ on June 1st in a Facebook post 
The first part of ACAB was also blocked by YouTube very quickly. This was due to the insults against the police and downplaying violence and drug use in the video. Because of ACAB , among other things , SpongeBOZZ's debut album Planktonweed Tape was indexed. The Berlin police denied a blockage due to insults like in the first part.
Shortly before the release on June 9th, leaks for the songs Bikini Bottom Gangster 2 , Krabbenkoke , John Webber Diss , Rhythm is a Gangster etc. appeared on June 7th . This was because some mail-order companies and stores had already sold and shipped the album before the release date. The songs, which were actually still unpublished, quickly received attention from many media portals and were therefore blocked after a few hours. Nevertheless, the content of the hidden EP, which was now officially called Payback #forsundiego, was revealed .
Started from the Bottom received mostly negative reviews from the music media .
Dennis Sand , editor for the news magazine Die Welt , wrote a review after the album was released in which he rated the album and Sun Diego extremely positively: "Technically, the sponge is the best". 
- Echo 2018 - nomination for best national hip-hop / urban album
- Chart sources: DE CH
- Deamon999 - EYO Deamons !! On March 17th, 2017 the… | Facebook. In: www.facebook.com. Retrieved December 30, 2016 .
- SpongeBOZZ - SpongeBOZZ updated his / her profile picture. | Facebook. In: www.facebook.com. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ - SpongeBOZZ updated his / her cover photo. | Facebook. In: www.facebook.com. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBozzTV: SpongeBOZZ - SFTB / Apocalyptic Infinity (Prod. By Digital Drama). January 9, 2017, accessed January 10, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ (Ft. Patrick Bang) - Planktonweed. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- JuliensBlogBattle: ► (JBB-EXCLUSIVE) ◄ SpongeBOZZ - Planktonweed ►Planktonweed Tape April 17th, 2015◄ prod. by Digital Drama. April 5, 2015, accessed December 30, 2016 .
- JuliensBlogBattle: [JBC 29/37] SpongeBOZZ - KILLA. February 2, 2014, accessed December 30, 2016 .
- SpongeBOZZ - Killa. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ - Intro (Planktonweed Tape). Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ - JFK. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBozzTV: SpongeBOZZ - John F. Kennedy (FREESONG) prod. by Digital Drama. June 28, 2014, accessed January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ - Don't Trust Anyone. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ - City of God. Retrieved January 3, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ: Started from the Bottom / KrabbenKoke Tape. Abgerufen am 1. Januar 2017.
- Security check required. Retrieved February 28, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ. Retrieved May 4, 2017 .
- SpongeBOZZ. Retrieved June 7, 2017 .
- Critique: Juice Nr. 181, July / August 2017, p. 121
- Kritik: laut.de
- Dennis Sand : Spongebozz: Why Sun Diego is Germany's best rapper. In: welt.de . June 12, 2017. Retrieved October 7, 2018 .