A card index - A-Kartei
These people were seen as opponents of the Nazi regime in the interests of the NSDAP . It is known that Reinhard Heydrich set up this file during his time in Munich. On September 28, 1938  the chief of the security police issued an instruction to the state police (leit) establish the accommodation of persons to be arrested  in concentration camps according to the entries in the A-card index . The index was administered in the RSHA in Amt 4.
It was ordered that the arrested persons should first be placed in police and judicial prisons. After that, these were to be sent to the Buchenwald , Sachsenhausen concentration camps or the concentration camp to be established in East Prussia as soon as possible .
The following was decreed in detail:
- The A-card index prisoners of the state police (head) offices in Königsberg , Allenstein , Elbing and Tilsit are to be sent to the concentration camp to be established in East Prussia
- the A-card index prisoners of the police (head) offices Augsburg , Breslau , Chemnitz , Darmstadt , Dresden , Erfurt , Frankfurt am Main , Graz , Halle (Saale) , Hildesheim , Innsbruck , Karlsruhe , Klagenfurt , Leipzig , Liegnitz , Linz , Magdeburg , Munich , Neustadt an der Weinstrasse , Nuremberg , Opole ,Regensburg , Saarbrücken , Salzburg , Stuttgart , Trier , Weimar , Vienna , Würzburg and Zwickau are to be sent to the Buchenwald concentration camp.
- the A-card index prisoners of the state police (head) offices in Aachen , Berlin , Bielefeld , Braunschweig , Bremen , Dessau , Dortmund , Düsseldorf , Frankfurt (Oder) , Hamburg , Hanover , Kassel , Kiel , Koblenz , Cologne , Köslin , Lüneburg , Osnabrück , Potsdam , Schneidemühl , Schwerin , Stettin ,Wesermünde and Wilhelmshaven are to be sent to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp.
- Gestapo A-card index on tenhumbergreinhard.de
- Document in the Federal Archives , Potsdam Department, Film No. 15 775
- Page no longer available , search in web archives: Example of the arrest of people by the Gestapo according to the A card index