A1 mobile - A1 mobil

A1 mobil GmbH & Co. KG

Logo
legal form GmbH & Co. KG
Seat Sittensen,
GermanyGermany Germany
management A1 mobil Verwaltungs-GmbH (personally liable partner)

Managing director: Ralf Schmitz

Branch Infrastructure
Website www.a1-mobil.de
Status: December 2014

The A1 mobil GmbH & Co. KG is the operator of part of a public-private partnership outdated section Buchholz Triangle Bremen the Bundesautobahn 1 .

history

The company was founded in 2008. The limited partners are A1 mobil Beteiligungs-GmbH (formerly: Bilfinger Berger A1 mobil GmbH) and John Laing Infrastructure (A1 mobil Holdings) Ltd. each with 42.5%. as well as Bunte PPP Investment GmbH with 15%. Since November 2014, the Bunte PPP Investment GmbH of the construction company Bunte from Papenburg has also been the sole shareholder of the general partner GmbH A1 mobil Verwaltungs-GmbH.

activity

The company has concluded a concession agreement with the Federal Republic of Germany , which obliges the A1 mobile to build the new 72.5 km section of the A1 and to operate for 30 years. In return, the A1 mobile receives the revenue from the truck toll for this section of the route for 30 years . The expansion began in November 2008 and was completed on October 11, 2012. [2]

As a result of the financial crisis in 2008, income was significantly lower than planned. Instead of the hoped-for growth in toll revenue of 20 percent, there was a decrease of 20 percent. The A1 is particularly closely interwoven with container traffic from overseas and international goods traffic. [3] The A1 mobil therefore got into financial difficulties. Due to a standstill agreement concluded with the financing banks in December 2015, interest and repayments otherwise due were partially deferred. The management assumed that it would be able to achieve higher income by October 2016 by amending the concession agreement. However, this has not happened so far.

A1 mobil therefore sued the federal government at the end of August 2017 for a retroactive adjustment of the concession agreement, with which it received approx. 2.5 million euros in additional income as well as the payment of, in their opinion, approx. 125 million euros. [4] The impending insolvency in the event of non-payment was initially averted by a standstill agreement with the financing banks. [5] The operation of the section of the A1 would otherwise fall back to the federal government, said a spokesman for the Federal Ministry of Transport . The federal government rejects an increase in payments. Federal Transport Minister Alexander Dobrindt got involved in connection with the A1 mobil crisiscame under criticism because in June 2017 he pushed through a draft law to facilitate partial privatization of the motorway network, although he had known the problems of the A1 mobile for a long time. [6] On September 7, 2018, the Hanover Regional Court dismissed A1 mobil's action as unfounded. In the justification, the presiding judge Peter Bordt stated that A1 mobil would also have assumed the business risks with the conclusion of the contract. [7] The managing director Ralf Schmitz, who in the meantime also oversaw the restructuring of Dihag Holding , announced in October 2018 that the operating company had lodged an appeal with the Higher Regional Court of Celle. The amount in dispute is now said to amount to EUR 778 million.[8] The appeal hearing took place at the end of October 2019. On November 26, 2019, the OLG Celle announced that A1 mobil's appeal would not be successful. A1 mobil assumed the traffic volume risk, which is not limited in the contract with the Federal Republic. This applies to both higher and lower income. [9]

See also

Weblinks

Individual evidence

  1. www.bundesanzeiger.de , accessed on August 31, 2017.
  2. Free travel between Bremen and Hamburg. ( Memento from October 13, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
  3. Berliner Zeitung: Die Gier des Finanz-Zombie , August 28, 2017, online at www.berliner-zeitung.de, accessed on August 31, 2017.
  4. A1 Mobil's action against the federal government dismissed | Hanover Regional Court. Retrieved December 27, 2018 .
  5. Standstill agreement with the banks. Retrieved December 27, 2018 .
  6. Manager Magazin: www.manager-magazin.de Private highway bankruptcy could be expensive for the state , August 27, 2017, online at www.manager-magazin.de, accessed on August 31, 2017.
  7. ZEIT ONLINE, dpa, jci: Court rejects million-dollar lawsuit from A1 operators. In: Zeit Online. September 7, 2018, accessed September 7, 2018 .
  8. JUVE- www.juve.de: A1 mobile lawsuit: "Federal government wins with KPMG Law in the first instance" JUVE. Retrieved December 27, 2018 .
  9. ndr.de: A1 mobil: OLG Celle rejects million dollar lawsuit, from November 26, 2019, accessed on November 27, 2019