A&E (Latin America) - A&E (Latinoamérica)
|Slogan||As you say, you see that you can|
|Channel type||Subscription television|
|Programming||Series and movies|
|Operated by|| A + E Networks |
(channel operation in Latin America)
(distribution in Latin America)
|Language|| Spanish |
(available as secondary audio)
|Start of transmissions||October 1, 2005|
|Picture format|| 1080i HDTV |
(rescaled to 16: 9 480i / 576i for channel standard resolution signal)
|Transmission area||Latin America|
Ole World |
|Sibling channels|| History |
|Antina||Canal 90 (SD) |
Canal 164 (HD)
|You||Canal 785 (HD)|
|Canal 207 (SD/HD) |
Canal 1207 (HD)
Canal 207 (SD/HD) |
Canal 1207 (HD)
|Entel TV HD||Canal 99 (HD)|
|Canal 506 (SD) |
Canal 861 (HD)
|Canal 212 (SD) |
Canal 1212 (HD)
|Dish||Canal 230 (SD) |
Canal 730 (HD)
| Chile: |
Canal 107 (SD)
Canal 607 (HD)
Canal 611 (SD)
Canal 615 (HD)
Canal 233 (SD)
Canal 733 (HD)
|TuVes HD||Canal 203|
|CNT TV||Canal 115 (SD) |
Canal 727 (HD)
|Star TV||Canal 213|
|Cable TV Group||Canal 310 (SD) |
Canal 766 (HD)
|Neptune|| Barquisimeto: |
|SuperCable|| Caracas: |
|izzi||Canal 223 (SD) |
Canal 850 (HD)
|Megacable||Canal 215 (SD) |
Canal 1215 (HD)
|You|| Paraguay: |
Canal 253 (SD)
Canal 785 (HD)
Canal 312 (SD)
Canal 742 (HD)
Canal 57 (SD)
Canal 304 (HD)
| Colombia: |
Channel 611 (SD)
Channel 1611 (HD)
Channel 107 (SD)
Channel 607 (HD)
Channel 23 (SD)
Channel 556 (HD)
Channel 233 (SD)
Channel 733 (HD)
Channel 38 (Analog)
Channel 176 (Digital)
Channel 584 (HD)
|Movistar TV||Canal 114 (SD) |
Canal 726 (HD)
|Star Globalcom||Canal 27|
Channel 35 (Analog) |
Channel 421 (Digital)
Channel 1039 (HD)
|Onda Cable||Canal 433 (SD) |
Canal 1433 (HD)
Channel 72 (Analog) |
Channel 428 (HD)
|Coltrahue Digital||Canal 20.1|
|Colcable|| Ibagué: |
Channel 28 (Analogue)
Channel 22 (HD)
|Claro TV|| Dominican Republic: |
Channel 212 (SD)
Channel 1212 (HD)
Channel 315 (HD)
Channel 1611 (HD)
|Gtd/Telsur||Canal 156 (SD) |
Canal 866 (HD)
|ETB||Canal 305 (HD)|
|Movistar TV|| Chile: |
Canal 506 (SD)
Canal 861 (HD)
Canal 366 (HD)
Canal 318 (HD)
A&E is a Latin American subscription television channel of American origin, a regional variant of the original channel . Its programming focused on the broadcasting of biographies, documentaries, and series (especially dramas, police and mysteries), but later it was expanded to include reality television as well . It has a reach of 32 million homes in Latin America . [ 1 ]
It is owned by A + E Networks , has a partnership with Ole Communications , [ 2 ] and is currently distributed to the region by Ole Distribution , a company formed between Ole Communications and WarnerMedia . [ 3 ]
The channel, which originally focused on biographies , documentaries and drama series (especially crimes and mysteries), has expanded into other areas such as reality shows and music; the latter transmitting video clips; also it included the broadcast of musical events, broadcasting the Festival of Vine of the Sea of Chile , transmitted in 2004 and since 2009 live and live until 2014, [ 4 ] [ 5 ] as from 2015 happened to output from the channel HTV and TNT [ 6 ] [7 ] and begins airing the Independent Spirit Awards since 2017 .
The channel began in Latin America in 1996, through a partnership between A&E and HBO Latin America Group , with the purpose of the Mundo Ole documentary channel that had been broadcasting since 1997. Thanks to this association that occurred two years later, productions of the mark Biography , recognized one of the programs of the channel at the time, and received two Emmy Awards in 1999 and 2002. [ 8 ]
Over the years, the "A&E" brand was gaining more presence within the channel until it finally got rid of the word "World" in 2005 and had its current identity. Its headquarters for this region are located in Caracas , Venezuela and in Rio de Janeiro , Brazil .
The high definition signal was launched on August 2, 2012 for Latin America.
From subtitling to dubbing
As of the second half of 2008, A&E Latin America began broadcasting its programming dubbed into Latin American Spanish, leaving aside subtitles. Much of the programming was dubbed in Venezuela and Colombia at VC Medios studios, where they also dubbed SpongeBob in the same studio .
However, there was still a minimal amount of programs in the original language, some examples of them are The Beast and Numb3rs series .
Currently, the channel offers a secondary audio track in English with the audio of the programs in the original language.
On-screen programming guide with gross errors
The synopses of the programs leave a lot to be desired. For example, the summary of "The Prophecy" began with "An American businessman ...", when in fact it was about an American businessman. It is assumed that the people who write the guide should have a minimum educational level so as not to confuse "America" (a continent) with "United States" (a country of the 35 that has America).
The channel is made up of 7 regionalized signals, including one in HD.
- Signal Mexico: Signal issued exclusively for this country. Its reference time corresponds to that of Mexico City (UTC-6 / -5 DST).
- Panregional Signal: Signal issued for Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Central America, the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean. Its reference time corresponds to that of Bogotá (UTC-5).
- Venezuela Signal: Signal issued exclusively for this country, adopted under the Venezuelan law Resorte. Its reference time corresponds to that of Caracas (UTC-4).
- Chile Signal: Signal issued exclusively for this country. Its reference time is that of Santiago (UTC-4 / -3 DST).
- South Signal: Issued for Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. Its reference time corresponds to that of Buenos Aires (UTC-3).
- Brazil Signal: Signal available in Brazilian Portuguese and distributed exclusively for this country. Its reference time is that of Brasilia (UTC-3).
- HD signal : available for South American countries. Its reference times are those of Bogotá (UTC-5), Caracas (UTC-4) and Buenos Aires (UTC-3).
- Most of the regionalized signals are broadcast in high definition simultaneously with the signal in standard resolution for most cable operators.
- The HD signal is aimed at satellite television operators, but it is not broadcast simultaneously with the regionalized standard signals.
- «Who we are» . A&E . Retrieved November 9, 2015 .
- "NBCUniversal Realigns Latin American Channels with Ole Communications Pact" . Variety (in American English) . Retrieved November 9, 2015 .
- "WarnerMedia and Ole Communications launch Ole Distribution" . All TV News . Retrieved May 5, 2020 .
- «A&E will broadcast live the 2013 Viña del Mar Festival» . el-nacional.com . February 8, 2013. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016 . Retrieved February 22, 2016 .
- "A&E and Chilevisión advance the Viña Festival 2014" . prensario.net . Retrieved February 22, 2016 .
- Francisca Mery (November 20, 2014). "TNT and HTV will broadcast the Viña Festival for Latin America" . latercera.com . Retrieved February 22, 2016 .
- Rodrigo León (November 21, 2014). "TNT and HTV will broadcast the Viña Festival 2015 for Latin America" . Fotech.cl . Retrieved February 22, 2016 .
- "Biography - Awards" . IMDb . Retrieved November 9, 2015 .