A&G Banca Privada - A&G Banca Privada

A&G Banca Privada
Type OR
Industry Finance and investment
Foundation
  • 1987 : Foundation of the entity
  • 2008 : Alliance with EFG International Bank
  • 2014 : Obtaining the Bank license
  • 2017 : 30th Anniversary of A&G Private Banking
Headquarters Paseo de la Castellana, 92 28046 -
Spanish flag Madrid , Spain
President Alberto Rodríguez-Fraile
products Financial services
Assets Increase11,055 million (2019) [ 1 ]
Employees 179 employees and 75 Bankers (2019) [ 2 ]
Website www.ayg.es

A&G Banca Privada , whose corporate name is Asesores y Gestores Financieros, is a Spanish banking entity with 30 years of history, born to dedicate itself exclusively to private banking . It is chaired by Alberto Rodríguez-Fraile and offers exclusive advisory services and global wealth management to private clients, families and institutions since 1987 .

History

The history [ 3 ] of the entity begins three decades ago, with the union of a group of families, private banking clients concerned about the absence of independent alternatives, different from the management service offered by large entities in Spain .

His association with the right professionals guaranteed the achievement of his goal: to form the first multi-family office in Spain. In 1999 , an international financial entity joined the project seeking support and solvency to help maintain the quality standards of a large institution to extend services to more Spanish private banking clients. A&G Banca Privada is committed to the talent association and to seek the incorporation of the best executives and bankers of Private Banking as the best way to transfer values, principles and long-term vocation to its clients. The idea of ​​the bankers' bank was born. Between 2000 and 2007Most of the licenses that today allow A&G Banca Privada to adapt to its clients in all wealth management needs were established.

The desire to maintain an open architecture of ideas and thinking about the freedom of movement of people and capital in the European Union (EU) , led the entity to found a management company in Luxembourg in 2009. Thus, A&G became the Spanish entity a pioneer in taking this step and today it is a leader in the management of Spanish private banking assets in this country.

Alliance with EFG International Bank

In 2008 EFG International Bank, [ 4 ] Swiss group dedicated exclusively to the provision of Private Banking and asset management services, founded in 1995 in Zurich. EFG International (EFGN) is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and operates in 30 locations located in 28 countries and with more than 3,000 employees around the world, it has become the reference shareholder of A&G Private Banking , maintaining today a stake of 40.51%, while the remaining 59.49% is in the hands of the main agents and executives of the A&G Group , configuring one of the most characteristic hallmarks of the firm. The incorporation ofEFG to shareholders, a group with a vocation for international leadership in private banking and with which they share ideas and business models coincides with the onset of the crisis in 2008. In especially difficult years, in a very adverse environment, the trust of its clients is reinforced and they managed to double business figures between 2008 and 2014, the year in which they reached 6,000 million euros under management.

This alliance consolidates the quality standards of a large international group that exclusively does Private Banking, framed by the absence of conflicts of interest and the maintenance of independence in decision-making.

Obtaining the Banking License

In July 2014 A&G Banca Privada obtained the banking license [ 5 ] from the Bank of Spain to integrate the businesses of the A&G Private Banking Securities Agency and the bank branch of the EFG group in Spain (2007). To establish the new bank, a capital increase of 20 million euros is carried out, signed by its executives and agents.

Business figures

A&G Private Banking has a workforce of 179 employees as well as 75 bankers distributed in eight offices. Its head office is located in Madrid , although it has eight other offices [ 6 ] in Barcelona , Santander (Spain) , Seville , Valencia , Valladolid , León , Logroño and Luxembourg .

In recent years, A&G Private Banking has doubled its turnover and equity volume, exceeding 11,055 million euros in assets under management as of December 31, 2019.

Milestones

In 30 years of history providing Private Banking services , none of the A&G Group companies has been sanctioned by any of the regulatory bodies in the different countries where it operates, as a result of inspection processes or claims submitted by its clients .

References