On the street - A la calle
|On the street|
|EP by Kortatu|
Estudios Elkar, Lasarte (Side A) |
Estudios Tsunami, San Sebastián (Side B)
|Genders)||rock, reggae, dub|
|Producer (s)||Kortatu and Marino Goñi|
The maxi single was released in early 1986, the year in which the LP El Estado De Las Cosas was also released . The maxi was made up of three songs: "There is something here that is wrong" (one version in key reggae version of Stiff Little Fingers on the theme "Doesn't make it allright" of the group of ska The Specials ), "A Street "(A rock song of his own) and" Desmond dub ", a dub of" Desmond Tutu "(a song from his first LP ). "Desmond dub" was the first dub to be made in Spain . [ 1 ]
The first two songs were recorded at Elkar studios by Jean Phocas (member of the reggae group Potato ), while for "Desmond dub" they simply remixed the material they had already recorded at Tsunami studios with the help of Carolo . The maxi was produced by the group itself and Marino Goñi, who had already collaborated with them as a sound technician on their first LP.
- "There is something wrong here"
- "On the street"
- «Desmond dub»
"Desmond dub" and "A la calle" composed by Fermin and Iñigo Muguruza. "There is something wrong here" is a version of "Doesn´t make it allright" by The Specials that faithfully adapts (except for the lyrics) the version that the North Irishmen Stiff Little Fingers made of the song on their LP Nobody's heroes ( 1980 ).
- Fermin Muguruza : guitar and voice.
- Iñigo Muguruza : bass , guitar and voice.
- Treku Armendariz : drums .
- Jesús Soldevilla: percussion in «Desmond dub».
- Jean Phocas: sound and mixing technician on "There is something wrong here" and "On the street."
- Josean López: sound and mixing technician on «Desmond dub».
- Carolo: remix of "Desmond dub".
- Marino Goñi: producer .
- Txabi Oneka: design.
- Karlos Korbella: Cover photo.
- Dieguillo: boot design on the back cover.