A Quenlla (band) - A Quenlla (banda)
A Quenlla (the tintorera, a kind of shark , in Galician ) is a group of folk music and traditional Galician music , created in 1984 [ 1 ] by various musicians, among which were Mini and Mero , former historical members from the Fuxan os Ventos group .
The A Quenlla project was born with the intention of developing a style close to folk and traditional Galician music, but without abandoning the social and vindictive theme, [ 2 ]An aspect that Fuxan os ventos had been neglecting. To the initial formation, of only three people, different musicians were added, until they reached ten.
The lyrics of A Quenlla are based on two sources: traditional music and Galician writers, being very numerous in its discography the adaptations of different poems by Celso Emilio Ferreiro , Manuel María , Darío Xohán Cabana or Xosé Luis Méndez Ferrín , as well as the inclusion on discs of recited texts.
Another characteristic of the group is a certain tendency to make thematic albums, as a way of influencing a certain message. Thus Europolis '88 is a fierce criticism of the European Union; The house we never had , a metaphorical reflection on Galicia and love of the land; and You fall in love with life , a song against the dangers of drugs (this album was made in collaboration with the Galician Federation of Associations to Help Drug Addicts).
In 2010 they published Os Irmandiños . [ 3 ]
The group has also collaborated numerous times by putting a soundtrack to different documentaries and other videographic works.
- The times not yet, are not arrived (1986)
- European '88 (1988)
- Beyond the fog (1990)
- Earth (album of the Shark) | Earth (1992)
- Christmas in Galician: Galicia sings to the boy (1993)
- The house we never had (1996)
- Fall in love with the life (1999)
- Silences in memory (2004)
- 17 troula songs (2007)
- The Irmandiños (2011)
- 30 years with A Quella. Love, pain and struggle (2014) [ 4 ]
- Desorballando autumns (2014) [ 5 ] [ 6 ]
Collaborations and collective records
- Playing with music 1 (1997)
- Playing with music 2 (1998)
- Chill Out Celta in Galicia (2004)
- Our songs. Vol. 1 (1997)
- Our songs. Vol. 2 (1998)
- Galicia: 70 years of nationalism (1988)
- History of the Galician Language (1988)
- Long Stone Night (1989)
- Luis Pimentel: beyond the fog (1990)
- Poetic Homeland (1991)
- The Voice of Galicia. "A Quenlla offers unpublished songs in a concert that reviews his 30 years of life on stage" . Retrieved March 21, 2016 .
- Public Square. "We have to recover the active disobedience, to say no, and that this transcends in facts" " (in Galician) . Accessed March 22, 2016 .
- «Archived copy» . Archived from the original on February 7, 2015 . Retrieved March 9, 2016 .
- “The Shark leaves to the passage of the“ present sloppiness ”with a new work of songs of love, fight and pain in its thirtieth anniversary - - USC” . jornal.usc.es (in Galician) . Accessed May 13, 2016 .
- The newscast of Arteixo. «Memorable concert of“ A Quenlla ”» . Archived from the original on April 4, 2016 . Retrieved March 21, 2016 .
- Galician Culture. «Culturagalega council of galician culture in-depth news agenda Avg lg3 mega setestrelo arte comic strip A Quenlla musica a Díaz Castro in Desorballando Outonos» (in Galician) . Accessed March 22, 2016 .
- Official page (outdated)