A. Robert Lauer - A. Robert Lauer
Bachelor of Arts from Ohio State University and doctor of Romance Languages and Literatures from Michigan, with a thesis on tyranny in Spanish theater. He was a professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He is currently a professor at the University of Oklahoma. He has published more than a hundred articles, not counting reviews and other works. He is especially interested in classical Spanish theater, especially that of Calderón, and the literature of the Golden Age in general, especially Cervantes, as well as contemporary Spanish and Latin American novels and cinema.
- Ruta, Maria Caterina and A. Robert Lauer, eds. A walk among the centenary of Cervantes . Special monograph on Cervantes. Cuadernos AISPI [Associazione Ispanisti Italiani]: Studies of Iberian Languages and Literatures 5 (2015). 244 pp. Online: July 2015. http://www.ledijournals.com/ojs/index.php/cuadernos/issue/view/76
- Pedro Calderón de la Barca. The hidden treasure . Critical edition of A. Robert Lauer. Pamplona / Kassel: Universidad de Navarra / Edition Reichenberger, 2012. Complete sacramental cars of Calderón, critical edition 75; Teatro del Siglo de Oro, critical editions 182. 230 pp. ISBN 9783937734958 .
- Cervantes and His Legacy in Contemporary Fiction. Edited by A. Robert Lauer and Sonya S. Gupta. A special double issue of the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages Bulletin [New Series] 15.2 (Dec. 2005) and 16.1 (June 2006): 1-174. Hyderabad, India. https://lists.ou.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=cervantes-l;b03b42b6.0709 .
- Cervantes and his world III . Edited by A. Robert Lauer & Kurt Reichenberger. Literature Studies 92. Kassel: Edition Reichenberger, 2005.
- The Restoration of Monarchy: "Fates and sides make happy and unhappy . " Edition, Notes, and Introduction by A. Robert Lauer. Golden Age Theater. Critical Editions 72. Kassel, Germany: Edition Reichenberger, 1997 ..
- Hispanic Essays in Honor of Frank P. Casa. Edited by A. Robert Lauer and Henry W. Sullivan. Ibérica 20. New York: Peter Lang Publishing, Inc., 1997. Reprinted in 1999.
- Tyrannicide and Drama. Part I. The Tradition of Tyrannicide from Polybius to Suárez. Part II. The Tyrannicide Drama in Spain from 1579 to 1698. Archivum Calderonianum 4. Stuttgart, Germany: Franz Steiner Verlag 1987.
- Lauer, A. Robert, ed. The abject, the grotesque and the sublime in Hispanic golden literature . Hispania felix: Hispano-Romanian journal of culture and civilization of the Golden Age , vol. 7, 2016, pp. 1-300. ISSN-e 2171-2158.