A Tribute to Die Fantastischen Vier - A Tribute to Die Fantastischen Vier
|A Tribute to Die Fantastischen Vier|
|Compilation album by various artists|
7. August 2009
A Tribute to Die Fantastischen Vier is a compilation on which artists from various genres cover successful songs by the Stuttgart hip-hop band Die Fantastischen Vier in their respective styles. The double CD with 36 titles was released on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Fantastischen Vier in August 2009.
The project was initiated by Andreas “Bär” Läsker , who has been the manager of Fantastischen Vier from the start. Läsker is also shown on the cover of the CD. A limited edition of the album also contained a DVD with pictures from photo shoots and a conversation between Andreas Läsker and Dieter Nuhr.
The album rose to fourth place in the German longplay charts and stayed in the charts for five weeks. 
- Gunslinger - What's Up (Version 2009)
- Sebastian Krumbiegel - thick sweater
- Roger Cicero - Born
- In Extremo – Yeah Yeah Yeah
- 7 Faces - Summer Rain
- Massive tones - picnickers
- Mommy's Gun - That one!?!
- Xavier Naidoo – Krieger
- The Rattles feat. Gary Krosnoff – Ewig
- Knorkator – G. Boren
- Thomas Godoj - Fleeting
- FR - Le Smou
- Puhdys - MFG
- Scooter – Troy
- Big city whispers - speaking out loud, saying nothing
- Pohlmann and “Les Sauvignons” - what remains
- Wrong colors - give more
- Yeti Girls – Yeah Yeah Yeah
- Mario Barth - thick sweater
- July - He has to get out
- Gods of Blitz - Like the others
- Peter Maffay - made a warrior overnight
- Sasha - That one!?!
- Uncle rock 'n roll - she's gone
- Oomph! - Harvest what we sow
- Christina Lux - What remains
- Karpatenhund – Paranoia Blues (Schizophren)
- Spezializtz - 4 wins
- Pure - MFG
- Thomas Anders - Born
- Extrabreit – Krieger (Version 2009)
- Max Mutzke - After the rain
- Fools Garden - reap what we sow
- Carat - Summer rain
- Clueso - hope
- Dieter Nuhr - Buenos Dias Messiah
The album was controversial. Some have criticized the selection of artists involved, most of whom have no recognizable relationship to German hip-hop. If there is no connection to hip-hop, the artists could have dared to do a rap cover, they demand.   Others rate this compilation as an interesting cross-section through the German music genres. Even if the album makes die-hard fans of the Fantastischen Vier flinch, the different genres have not resulted in plagiarism, but entirely new creations. 
- Various: A Tribute to Die Fantastischen Vier. (No longer available online.) Musicline.de chart tracking, archived from the original on August 29, 2009 ; Retrieved September 3, 2010 .
- Mark Read: Der Problembär , Plattentests.de , accessed on September 3, 2010.
- Kai-Uwe Weser: Die Fantastischen Vier: A Tribute to Die Fantastischen Vier ( Memento from August 15, 2009 in the Internet Archive ), motor.de , accessed on September 3, 2010
- Musiktipps24: Tribute CD storms the charts ( Memento from June 19, 2010 in the Internet Archive )